- Joined
- Jan 1, 2012
- Messages
- 1,282
Not a TF2 issue, but I am a mechanic, among other things. I was going to put a new(used) engine back into my wife's Santa Fe yesterday. I got the engine and trans-axle bolted together and I was going to secure the torque converter to the flex plate, and I noticed there was no flex plate.
So, I take them apart and sure enough, it's not there. Now, this is my fault for not noticing, but the recycler that sold the engine to me should have included the flex plate. It is part of the assembly, according to the manufacturer, so it should have been included. The crappy thing about it, besides it costing me more money and time, is that it was 60 degrees on Saturday, and it was 8 today. The temps this week are not any better than 39 tomorrow, and I have to work everyday this week, including NYD.
So now I have to take the engine hoist back, wasting $50, argue with the recycler about the flex plate, which I am sure I will end up paying for (and the bolts) for another $50, and I leave back to Oregon on Saturday for another three weeks, so my wife will be without her car until I get back in Feb. We have 3 cars and a truck that the BMX track owns that we can use, but my son won't be able to take his car back to school and we will have to go get him so he can work on the weekends.
Some times I wonder if not being in debt and having a car loan would be better. But, just sometimes.
OK, done venting.
So, I take them apart and sure enough, it's not there. Now, this is my fault for not noticing, but the recycler that sold the engine to me should have included the flex plate. It is part of the assembly, according to the manufacturer, so it should have been included. The crappy thing about it, besides it costing me more money and time, is that it was 60 degrees on Saturday, and it was 8 today. The temps this week are not any better than 39 tomorrow, and I have to work everyday this week, including NYD.
So now I have to take the engine hoist back, wasting $50, argue with the recycler about the flex plate, which I am sure I will end up paying for (and the bolts) for another $50, and I leave back to Oregon on Saturday for another three weeks, so my wife will be without her car until I get back in Feb. We have 3 cars and a truck that the BMX track owns that we can use, but my son won't be able to take his car back to school and we will have to go get him so he can work on the weekends.
Some times I wonder if not being in debt and having a car loan would be better. But, just sometimes.
OK, done venting.
Last edited:















