Looking to setup custom mic clicks for TS3? Look no further

mdgrim

EGO Addict
Joined
Jul 7, 2009
Messages
1,335
Right, so I don't know about all of you, but I personally like to know when my mic has been activated, either through visual or audible notifications, and since I play games full screen, I prefer the latter. Anyways, in this post I will be explaining how you can setup mic clicks for TeamSpeak 3, for either your mic or the mics of others in your room (or both :P).


Step 1: In TeamSpeak 3 go to Options, Playback. At the bottom of the playback tab there will be an area called options with 3 choices. "Own client plays mic clicks" will set your TS to play a sound when you activate/deactivate your microphone. "Other clients play mic clicks" will set your TS to play a sound when someone in your room activates/deactivates their mic.

Step 1.1: The "Sound Pack Volume" section will allow you to choose how loud your mic click sounds are.


***Your TS3 is now setup to use basic mic clicks. You need to do no more to get them working, but if you want to customize, then follow the steps below. ***


Step 2: The sound effect that is played is a very generic, unnoticeable static sound. So this step will explain how you can setup custom mic clicks. For this step we will simply be using Ventrillo's mic click sound effects. I'm sure you can use others of your choices.

Step 2.1: Open the Teamspeak 3 and Ventrillo folders (C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default) and (C:\Program Files\Ventrilo) respectively. (these locations may differ on your computer)

Step 2.2: Locate the proper sound files. For TS3 these would be mic_click_off.wav and mic_click_on.wav. For ventrillo the files are MicKeyDown.wav and MicKeyUp.wav.

Step 2.3: Copy (to desktop or where ever you are working) both MicKeyDown.wav and MicKeyUp.wav and rename them as follows. MicKeyDown.wav rename to mic_click_on.wav. MicKeyUp.wav rename to mic_click_off.wav



Step 3: Now simply move your new mic_click_off.wav and mic_click_on.wav files into your C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default. Move and replace the old files.

Tada! Your TeamSpeak 3 is now set to play mic activation with sound effects of your choosing!
 
That's one of my main complaints about TS3, the mic clicks are really hard to hear by default. Thanks!
 
After playing Arma with Acre I got hooked on the loud multi-tone squelches. Here are the links to download the sounds I'm using in TS3.

mic mic_click_on

mic_click_off


Place in: C:\Program Files\TeamSpeak 3 Client\sound\default to replace mic mic_click_on and mic_click_off.
 
Back
Top