Getting into competitive?

fatyguy

Poster
Joined
Aug 1, 2012
Messages
190
So I have been wanted to try and get into competitive tf2 and was wonder where and how do I start?

-I should probably pick a class to main as I generally play a variety excluding medic
-I know of things like UGC, highlander, etc but how I'm unsure of how to get into them or if I should start out with something else

Any tips and advice would be great!
 
Find a class. Play some lobbys. MGE if that class allows. Find a team you like or start a team with friends.
 
Last edited:
Well if you want to participate in UGC Highlander or 6s next season you better find a team fast since it starts on 13th for Highlander and 15th for 6s. Pick a specific class you want to main and practice in lobbies or MGE for certain ones, ie scout soldier.

I'm captain of a Steel 6s team and if you get on 1 you need to scrim on a normal basis.
 
Message Wilson. I sure the eGO comp team would let you practice with them.
 
Pick a specific class you want to main and practice in lobbies or MGE

Would you recommend any specific lobbies or just any of ours? Also for picking a class should I pick something that I do ok with a majority of the time or classes that I do really well with but not on a more consistent basis?
 
Last edited:
Would you recommend any specific lobbies or just any of ours? Also for picking a class should I pick something that I do ok with a majority of the time or classes that I do really well with but not on a more consistent basis?

I regurarly play soldier and am somewhat ok with that class and I can be a good sniper at times. Just pick a class you feel good with.
 
If you are looking for lobbies, there is also tf2center.com I prefer this over tf2lobby.com
 

Latest posts

Back
Top