ARE YOU A GOOD MEDIC????????

DrunkenSailor

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jul 26, 2006
Messages
2,631
What does it take to be a great medic???

1. GUTS! I cant tell you how many times even while being heavily outnumbered, me and my trusty medic not only survived but destroyed entire teams before.
Some medics panic and run when they think all is lost, when that happens all IS lost!

2. FOCUS! It takes keen reflexes to keep an entire team of 4 or 5 soldiers/demo's/heavies/pyro's healthy and on the front lines fighting to take that capture point or intel suitcase from the enemy.

3. NERVES OF STEEL! I have had medics that were so jumpy that when we see a couple of bad guys in a group, they would waste the uber :( The good ones wait till the last second before that sentry gun or pyro almost kills you and then unleash that precious uber on the enemy!

4. GOOD JUDGEMENT! Lets face it medics....even when I tell you to wait till I call for the uber and we got 2 demo's 2 soldiers and a pyro with medic running up behind us while im trying to take care of problems in front of us.......just use the damn uber to get us out of there!

Seriously a good medic can stop the other side from owning you. A great medic can help you to turn the tide of battle and own the other team! My hats off to you guys with the patience and mindset to be awesome medics!!!
 
Thanks, for the advice.... :D....
But, yeah. I'm not a medic...
Ask F!nkledoodle... He's a good medic..
.. !shy
 
Since I like support a lot, I'll try to be a medic, and when I do, I'll take your advice into account. Thanks.
 
I think another point to think about is that the medic should stand as far back as possible, but know his surroundings. You want to make sure that you are standing back from the action, watch your back for spies and other classes trying to sneak up for a kill. If you can, hide in a different room than where the action is taking, you don't need to stand right next to them, but stand back a bit, you are support, not offense, it only hurts your team if you die. That's what i think of when i am a medic in addition to the great points listed above.
 
I just tried the medic today and I did pretty well, I have somewhere around 71 points before I left :D.
 
Playing Medic is awesome. Not only are you loved by your team, you get a crazy amount of points from healing everybody. Stay mobile too, or a smart sniper will blow your head off before taking out the heavy you were healing.
 
Back
Top