Exploits? Thoughts?

Ken the Kitsune

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
1,014
Vaccinator, gives %10 resistance to given damage type, uber makes it %75 and immunity to critical hits. Though checked the wiki and it's currently bugged. Here's what I mean. Also do you think it's an exploit? 6 fully charged headshots to take down 1 sniper XD then again, soldiers, demos, melee peoplez, etc can still kill him normally

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8N5xvRuHw"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lW8N5xvRuHw[/ame]

Btw thanks sanctified and partycat for helping me get this ^_^
 
Last edited:
So... I didn't realize you guys were doin something special here... so sorry for the.. uh... random scout there... who could that silly person be? O.O
 
So is this a bug or an exploit? Is the Vaccinator not working as intended or is it just the uber blocking the critical head shot damage on top of the bullet resist? If it is the latter then I would say it's fine, because timing the Vaccinator uber to block a headshot is very difficult and and it's also impractical to pocket a sniper in normal games.
 
So is this a bug or an exploit? Is the Vaccinator not working as intended or is it just the uber blocking the critical head shot damage on top of the bullet resist? If it is the latter then I would say it's fine, because timing the Vaccinator uber to block a headshot is very difficult and and it's also impractical to pocket a sniper in normal games.

It's supposed to only give a %10 resistance. The only time I did uber was at the very end. Unfortunately it doesn't block you from crits(still need the uber) it does negate any crit damage done to your heal target. Which is why i'm still on the edge of whether this is or isn't exploiting. surviving 6 fully charged headshots(450 damage, 405 with the %10 resistance) so the obvious solution is that they didn't crit. Also just wanted to use this on a sniper because that's the most obvious use. a crit direct hit would do normal(-%10 though) damage to your target, same with a phlog, rifles and huntsmans, etc
 
Last edited:
Exploit? Nah, it just is what it is. Other weapons have hidden/undisclosed attributes as well (take the reload changes to the Crossbow as an example--reloading while another weapon is active is a big buff vs. before when the Crossbow would not reload unless active).

Even with the no-crit bonus I think that a well-coordinated Medic-Pocket duo would probably be better off with the Stock or Kritz. Worse, the Vaccinator encourages pure Pocketing (since the Medic-Pocket do need some synergy and reliance on each other AND because of the gimped Overheal rate discouraging buffs to other team members) That is generally not what you want your Medic doing for your team. At least not if he is the only Medic.

So I guess what I have been dancing around is even if the weapon was not designed for the bonus passive anti-crit mechanic, it is still the weakest of the four Mediguns, even if it shines in some limited scenarios.
 
So I guess what I have been dancing around is even if the weapon was not designed for the bonus passive anti-crit mechanic, it is still the weakest of the four Mediguns, even if it shines in some limited scenarios.

Actually me and Radio have been playing around with it, and it is pretty awesome in pub scenarios, especially on defense. Most pubs just don't work together, AT ALL. So it is a pretty simple matter to just use whatever resistance you need to kill people one by one.

It also pretty much makes me immune to bullets (as shown in video), so snipers and heavys are almost a non-issue.
 
It may be incredibly op, but using a weapon for its intended purpose is not an exploit.
 
http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Vaccinator
Second paragraph, fourth sentence deal with the 'bug'.

I have been up against sniper/medics using the vaccinator on 2Fort and if there are no soldier/demos taking to the enemy battlements to harass/discourage them, being a sniper against them is worthless. If the sniper is good, and opposing players don't know why they can't kill the sniper, he will own them.

I know when the vaccinator first came out, I had no idea what was going on and it was irritating me a bit (read, pissing me off a lot). I think that this 'bug' explains a lot of mine and other's frustration. (is that right, grammatically?)

Here is the problem I have with the vaccinator, fwiw - it gives the medic the same resistance. None of the other medic's healing tools do this (I may be wrong) unless they pop the uber.

Actually me and Radio have been playing around with it, and it is pretty awesome in pub scenarios, especially on defense. Most pubs just don't work together, AT ALL. So it is a pretty simple matter to just use whatever resistance you need to kill people one by one.

It also pretty much makes me immune to bullets (as shown in video), so snipers and heavys are almost a non-issue.
 
So... I didn't realize you guys were doin something special here... so sorry for the.. uh... random scout there... who could that silly person be? O.O
Was that a festive fish I saw?
 
My philosophy is if I cant kill someone on a server an extensive amount or times I will leave that server and never play in the server when that player is in that server. I believe that is how alot of peeps feel which means to continue the use or certain weapon exploits or what ever you wanna call it will reduce our server counts.
 
My philosophy is to run my KD down to zero to kill the SOB as least once. I know, it's a problem, I take meds...

My philosophy is if I cant kill someone on a server an extensive amount or times I will leave that server and never play in the server when that player is in that server. I believe that is how alot of peeps feel which means to continue the use or certain weapon exploits or what ever you wanna call it will reduce our server counts.
 
My philosophy is if I cant kill someone on a server an extensive amount or times I will leave that server and never play in the server when that player is in that server.
I dispute this statement. You don't leave 2Fort when I'm playing pyro ;)

My philosophy is to run my KD down to zero to kill the SOB as least once. I know, it's a problem, I take meds...
THIS
 
Actually me and Radio have been playing around with it, and it is pretty awesome in pub scenarios, especially on defense. Most pubs just don't work together, AT ALL. So it is a pretty simple matter to just use whatever resistance you need to kill people one by one.

It also pretty much makes me immune to bullets (as shown in video), so snipers and heavys are almost a non-issue.

Right, it is definitely a Pub Pounder. My argument is basically that while you are piling up gaudy numbers as a duo, having a Medic who is severely gimped in terms of team buffing (basically dissuaded from doing so because of the reduced Overheal rate), is a big negative.

It is much harder to measure that sort of negative impact compared to "Pocket killed X" and "Medic had Y assists," but it is definitely there. Even if your teammates are less than good, having meat shields with higher health running is a big benefit.

With all that said, I do think it is fun to play with. Especially since it is so underused and many players have little clue how to deal with it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top