New to CS:GO

Snuggle-Boo

Poster
Joined
Oct 16, 2013
Messages
100
So I'm completely new to CS:GO. Any tips and advice you can give me? Im a noob. :( p.s. Shout out to rougeops for being awesome!
 
I've got advice! Kill every enemy you see!

Hehe, juuuuuuust kidding. I recommend playing a little casual before jumping into competitive, just so you can get the hang of the game. The buy menu is a lot different; there aren't any presets anymore. Also, on our server you don't start out with $16k anymore, which is different from CS:S. So manage your money and spend it wisely!

CS:GO also has a small gambling aspect:
Often, you'll see players with weapon skins on their guns, and you may wonder how you can get them yourself! It's simple; earning weapon crates by winning rounds, getting MVP, unlocking achievements, and simply buying them from people on the Steam market will get you these skinned weapons. You need ONE crate and ONE key for said crate to unlock it. They aren't expensive, typically people sell them for $1 to $5 on the store, depending on the item. If you do come across one of these, be careful because the gun isn't just some gun you can buy on the store; they break down as you use them more often. Each weapon has a condition (field-tested, brand new, etc) which increases or decreses it's monetary value in real life. For example: You buy a crate and a key for $2.50 each which, when unlocked, contains a (example) red tiger knife inside that's worth $50 on the Steam market. This is just an out-loud thought, but you can either choose to sell that knife for $50, or keep it in game and look awesome!

Aside from that, maps are generally the same with some minor differences (more open doors, more places to travel, etc). Weapons are a lot more realistic in terms of recoil and accuracy too, so take your time to aim.

Another small fact: When you get into a server and are dead, hit the ESC button and click on inventory. You'll see an M4SD and a USP-SD in your inventory. Click those and add them to your buy menu. This is how you buy your unlocked weapons and equipment. I highly recommend doing this because the regular M4 and USP do not come with suppressors like they did before. Adding these from your inventory will give you a different M4, but also add a suppressor for those sneaky moments.

There are a ton of things to learn about CS:GO; it's a whole new world that I myself am exploring. I just wanted to share what I've learned so far. Keep track of your achievements in game too, eGO has an achievements section full of sweet achievements that you can unlock and display proudly below your name on the forums! Looks like you're running a tad dry, so I definitely recommend this! And they're easy to get; they range from getting 3 headshots in a single round, to tazing a leadership member. Be sure you take a screenshot of the progress if you do unlock these in game, and post to that thread.

Well, I think I've said enough. Have fun in CS:GO! It's a pretty sweet game!
 
SNUG SNUG !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Whats up man... your bad at css dont stress you can only get bettter in csgo :-p
jk
 
be careful because the gun isn't just some gun you can buy on the store; they break down as you use them more often.

Not true. They all stay the same. Factory new will always be factory new, etc.

It's simple; earning weapon crates by winning rounds, getting MVP, unlocking achievements

Weapon crates drop randomly after completing a round. It doesn't matter what you do. You can just join and still get a skin/crate.
 
I'm also fairly new to CS:GO, I'd suggest playing Deathmatch, and trying out different guns to get a hang of things, then progress to pub play. It is a lot different from source, so gl and I hope to see you out there!
 
Not true. They all stay the same. Factory new will always be factory new, etc.



Weapon crates drop randomly after completing a round. It doesn't matter what you do. You can just join and still get a skin/crate.

Don't judge me ;-;
 
Snuggle, I'll train you. You've seen how good I am at CS:S. CS:GO is nothing to me. I'm like 5-30 (average). I gotchu!
 
On a more serious note, unless you're rushing someone or are right next to time, never spray and pray. Your bullets will go everywhere but towards the enemy. It's better to burst fire (3 shots at a time) or even single-fire. Also, always aim for their chest or head because if you aim lower, you're going to be seeing a lot of 4-1's.
 
On a more serious note, unless you're rushing someone or are right next to time, never spray and pray. Your bullets will go everywhere but towards the enemy. It's better to burst fire (3 shots at a time) or even single-fire. Also, always aim for their chest or head because if you aim lower, you're going to be seeing a lot of 4-1's.

if you learn how to control the spray you can spray them down at quite a distance.

i'd also suggest a 5 shot burst for the m4 instead of 3 since you can in this game

get private lessons from spark. that's what i do.

lol no
 
I have advice! I jumped straight into competitive with a Sig 551 and a Desert Eagle, and I rocked the house. I went 30-5 or somewhere around there with Venom and Scortch yesterday. That was amazing! It's actually not a bad game once you get used to the new buy menu and the more realistic shooting mechanics.
 
Watch some WarOwl on the youtubes. The man knows his stuff, and learn to utilize your weapons properly. Most important lesson I've ever learned:

AK-47 beats everything if you're tapping. Spraying is the quickest way to make your weapon useless.

Keep practicing, and play comp as often as you can. Eventually you'll get better. Not saying that I'm good yet... But you have to have faith, y'know?

Wait, did I just give you advice and diss my own advice in the same post? Man, I'm bad at communicating. *plays more video games*
 
Go in a private game on your own and spray at some walls, learn the spray patterns then put it into practice download a map of the market place (aim_map) and then put some harmless bots on their you can then enable sv_cheats and do mp_respawntime_Ct or something like that also sv_infinite_ammo 1 and then you can get practicing.

As mentioned already i would only use like bursts of 5 bullets unless you're very close quarters and even then if you know you spray pattern you will have a massive advantage.
 
I don't know the spray pattern, I just pull down, and spraying is still pretty effective. You just have to know how much to pull down.
 
I don't know the spray pattern, I just pull down, and spraying is still pretty effective. You just have to know how much to pull down.

if you just pull down its going to be inaccurate after a few shots. i know for the ak goes left right left right so i just memorized the pattern so i can control it.

spend like 10 minutes on an empty server and just memorize it to the point where all bullets hit around the same area
 
Back
Top