Just stopping by to say what's up

bLackout {RD}

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Oct 6, 2007
Messages
2,589
I'm pretty sure 99.8% of this forum doesn't know who I am, but let me introduce myself.

Hi, my name is Mj, also known as Blackout. (I don't really know if there's any more Blackouts in the clan.) Joined this organization in early 2007. Also got to meet the infamous JohnT in real life when I joined. For those of you that didn't know eGO had two forums/websites. One for DoD: Source and one for Team Fortress 2, but one day they decided to merge the two forums/websites to this. Any who, I'm just stopping by to say that this organization has grown A LOT. About 6-7 years ago, we only had DoD: Source, I can still remember how our servers on DoD: Source were the most popular servers in the game (Donner and Strand). In case you're wondering why I have the '{RD}' in my name, it means Reservoir Dogs. It's because back in the DoD: Source website, eGO had these teams that you were suppose to be apart of. I forgot how many there were and the names but we used scrim for fun and stuff. In a span of maybe 6 months, I finally got what I wanted: to wear the whole 'eGO' tag on my name. I still remember how we binded a key saying 'Please refrain from using foul languages, etc etc.' whenever someone cusses on the servers. Good times. I can also still recall GardenGroveVW helping me out whenever I needed help. And after awhile being in the organization, I was appointed to be one of the Admin Recruiters. We recruited people who played the most in our servers, there were about 7-8 of us and the leader of it was SixxGunn.
Now, I'm not sure if they still go on this but, I'd like to give a shoutout to GardenGroveVW, SixxGunn, Kendle, Slayr357, Wally (Walmart Security), masterofpuppets, Lafinass, MostlyHarmless, Baron Rojo and plenty more old friends.
​
Fun Fact: These old eGO Members/Founders/Leaders did a video of themselves eating OREO+MUSTARD.
With that being said, if you read up to this point, I thank you for reading what I had to say. I'm just really amazed that this community is at least 20X larger than it was before.
 
Last edited:
Hey I kinda remember you, I joined just after we merged into one website.

Do a mustoreo for old time sakes!
 
Ah, the old DoD Houses right? Been a while since I've heard of someone from them other than leadership! Nice to see you around blackout!
 
Hey Blackout! Not sure if we really met back in the day, but good to see another old timer none the less!

Former Sewer Rat here, which would be the reason we might not have known each other. Welcome back and thanks for sharing those good 'ole memories!

You mentioned how our DoD:S servers were the best and most popular back in the day. I just wanted to let you know that they still are! Our Avalanche server continues to hold the #1 ranking, and we have 3 other servers (Donner, Kalt and a Rotation) that are in the top 50! eGO continues to set the bar for excellence in DoD:S!

Most of the founders still hang around as far as I know, Baron just came back a few months ago in fact! And long live the Mustoreo!
 
I guess I'm more of a newer member. But it's nice to meet you anyways man. Glad to see some older members come back around!
 
Hey Blackout! Not sure if we really met back in the day, but good to see another old timer none the less!

Former Sewer Rat here, which would be the reason we might not have known each other. Welcome back and thanks for sharing those good 'ole memories!

You mentioned how our DoD:S servers were the best and most popular back in the day. I just wanted to let you know that they still are! Our Avalanche server continues to hold the #1 ranking, and we have 3 other servers (Donner, Kalt and a Rotation) that are in the top 50! eGO continues to set the bar for excellence in DoD:S!

Most of the founders still hang around as far as I know, Baron just came back a few months ago in fact! And long live the Mustoreo!

Oh, I remember them Sewer Rats! After all these years and it's still the #1?! That's crazy! Oh that's nice, hope I see them sometime!

I guess I'm more of a newer member. But it's nice to meet you anyways man. Glad to see some older members come back around!

Nice to meet you too! I'll see you around the forums! :)
 
I just now saw this post! Holy Hell - that's a name I recognize. I was on the unfortunate end of your gun a few times when I'd take a break from Donner (I SWEAR I used to venture off that map) and head over to canine territory.

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking!
 
Welcome back!
I was reading some of the old threads last night, good to see some of the originals coming back! Im also one of the newer people here :P
 
I just now saw this post! Holy Hell - that's a name I recognize. I was on the unfortunate end of your gun a few times when I'd take a break from Donner (I SWEAR I used to venture off that map) and head over to canine territory.

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking!

FLUFFY! I remember you from waaaay back! How have you been?!

Welcome back!
I was reading some of the old threads last night, good to see some of the originals coming back! Im also one of the newer people here :P

Thanks for the warm welcome, man!
 
I just now saw this post! Holy Hell - that's a name I recognize. I was on the unfortunate end of your gun a few times when I'd take a break from Donner (I SWEAR I used to venture off that map) and head over to canine territory.

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking!
It's Ms Fluffy!
 
Ha. Rogue did that mustard thing.

I've been here forever. I played on eGO servers for maybe 5 years, but it wasn't until a year and a half later that I joined. Been a member for almost 4 years. The community was pretty small back then! I recognize a lot of those names you mentioned. Good to see you're back lol
 

Latest posts

Back
Top