Warning: Wall of text...
Long long ago in a time when keys were only like 2.55 ref, a TF2 player by the name of "War Rabb" stumbled upon a server unknowingly. Said server was harvest of koth, of the eGO variety. This wee lad would return and play here for many fort nights.
Then in January of 2013, War Rabb the edgy (as he now refers to his former self) got into some beef with another user. An admin stepped in to calm the impending storm. War Rabb the edgy would have none of it and sassed the admin. KICKED was War Rabb. He returned mere moments later and continued to argue with the admin!
BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!
He took to the forum, made an account and pleaded with the advisors. "The admin was dumb and immature, my edginess could never be wrong, I'm so mature!" The advisors would have none of it.
In his rage War Rabb the edgy uninstalled team fortress.
He would return in April and return to his eGO server as a new man. In August he would be recruited by Rdinator. Just 6 weeks later he put on a G. By December, an O.
But as life goes, change is the only constant.
Due to recent changes in the Air Force, I am eligible to apply for early separation. So I'm taking up the AF on their offer and doing just that. So life has become hectic in hopes they'll accept my application. I'm constantly beefing up my resume and scouring the web for potential jobs.
In addition, I have the Boston Marathon in exactly 12 weeks from today and Ironman Florida on the first weekend of November. So I really need to put a lot of effort into training. I've been selling myself short and avoiding some critical workouts and that is just unacceptable.
So it comes with a heavy heart that I announce I will be the third eGO casualty of the month (Panda and Honorbound). But like Honorbound, I'm merely uninstalling til my life is back together.
As I have the marathon in April, the AF will either move me in July or let me separate two years early in September, and I have Ironman Florida in November, I will use November as the bench mark for my return to the game. So i'm simply uninstalling. I'll leave steam around so we can all chat. In addition i'll make sure to stay on the forums.
I hate doing this, I really do. eGO was the best thing that's happened to me in all the years i've gamed. Truly a family and a clan filled with amazing people. That's why I want to ensure I stay a part of the community. However, at the end of the day I need to make a decision that is best for and my upcoming plans of this next year due to how uncertain it will be.
So my last time playing will be this coming sunday. I'll join the Black Mesa event and party hard with y'all for the last time until November rolls around.
...I'll be back, they always come back...
Edit: Wanted to say one last time, I'm running the Boston Marathon in support of the Girl Scouts. My goal is to raise $5000 and i've currently raised $1580 between online/offline donations. If you're interested, you can donate at the link i'm about to provide. All donations are tax deductible and go to supporting an amazing cause.
http://www.crowdrise.com/2014GSEMMarathon/fundraiser/brandonhough
Long long ago in a time when keys were only like 2.55 ref, a TF2 player by the name of "War Rabb" stumbled upon a server unknowingly. Said server was harvest of koth, of the eGO variety. This wee lad would return and play here for many fort nights.
Then in January of 2013, War Rabb the edgy (as he now refers to his former self) got into some beef with another user. An admin stepped in to calm the impending storm. War Rabb the edgy would have none of it and sassed the admin. KICKED was War Rabb. He returned mere moments later and continued to argue with the admin!
BANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!
He took to the forum, made an account and pleaded with the advisors. "The admin was dumb and immature, my edginess could never be wrong, I'm so mature!" The advisors would have none of it.
In his rage War Rabb the edgy uninstalled team fortress.
He would return in April and return to his eGO server as a new man. In August he would be recruited by Rdinator. Just 6 weeks later he put on a G. By December, an O.
But as life goes, change is the only constant.
Due to recent changes in the Air Force, I am eligible to apply for early separation. So I'm taking up the AF on their offer and doing just that. So life has become hectic in hopes they'll accept my application. I'm constantly beefing up my resume and scouring the web for potential jobs.
In addition, I have the Boston Marathon in exactly 12 weeks from today and Ironman Florida on the first weekend of November. So I really need to put a lot of effort into training. I've been selling myself short and avoiding some critical workouts and that is just unacceptable.
So it comes with a heavy heart that I announce I will be the third eGO casualty of the month (Panda and Honorbound). But like Honorbound, I'm merely uninstalling til my life is back together.
As I have the marathon in April, the AF will either move me in July or let me separate two years early in September, and I have Ironman Florida in November, I will use November as the bench mark for my return to the game. So i'm simply uninstalling. I'll leave steam around so we can all chat. In addition i'll make sure to stay on the forums.
I hate doing this, I really do. eGO was the best thing that's happened to me in all the years i've gamed. Truly a family and a clan filled with amazing people. That's why I want to ensure I stay a part of the community. However, at the end of the day I need to make a decision that is best for and my upcoming plans of this next year due to how uncertain it will be.
So my last time playing will be this coming sunday. I'll join the Black Mesa event and party hard with y'all for the last time until November rolls around.
...I'll be back, they always come back...
Edit: Wanted to say one last time, I'm running the Boston Marathon in support of the Girl Scouts. My goal is to raise $5000 and i've currently raised $1580 between online/offline donations. If you're interested, you can donate at the link i'm about to provide. All donations are tax deductible and go to supporting an amazing cause.
http://www.crowdrise.com/2014GSEMMarathon/fundraiser/brandonhough
Last edited:












but also was for RL reasons.







