SpaceChem!

Tokiw

Poster
Joined
Dec 26, 2013
Messages
159
Anyone else played this game? It's an interesting open-ended puzzle game. It takes a certain kind of person to beat this game, some would say obsesive.

You know that feeling in math class, when there's a problem that's been stumpking you for the whole lesson, and then all of a sudden, it all makes sense perfectly? Pretty much every level in this game gives you that feeling once you beat it, and you feel like a genius. And with the level progression, whenever you beat a level it's like "Yeah, I think I'm getting the hang of this!", and then you see the next level and it's just like "...Uh.... This is possible?".

The level I'm stuck on is Exploding Head Syndrome, for anyone familiar with the game. It's the 'boss fight' on world five. I know what I'm TRYING to do, but the number of reactors you're given just doesn't work well with what I'm trying to do! I think I've found a way to do it. It's just building the reactors themselves that's the problem. This game has a knack for allowing you to get ungodly close to what you want to do, but your machine has become too advanced to allow for any further additions, and it's near impossible to re-wire it without starting from scratch.

How far have you guys gotten?


(I didn't get this game for the fishcakes. Heh.)
 
I had SpaceChem before fishcakes were a thing. Fun game, but really annoying when you get to a tougher level.

I don't remember how far I had gotten in it. I never beat it though. I had played it before the addition of the TF2 thing, but had stopped playing. I came back to get my fishcake, but after that I didn't stick with it. I should give it another try one of these days.
 
Back
Top