Sick the night before SAT

ZinDuo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jul 7, 2013
Messages
2,049
So some (bad name) coughed all over me and got me sick the day before I have to take the SAT. I have a sore throat and my temperature is slowly creeping up and I'm expecting a fever at some point during this evening. Any tips besides rest/sleep early and pop vitamin C pills anyone can offer?
 
You are taking the SAT on a Wednesday? I don't have any real tips other than maybe get some fever and sore throat control or whatever. Your goal is going to be getting through the test with minimal distractions or bodily fluids. If your nose starts to run, you'll want to get that dried up.
 
Relax. Take a deep breath. There are plenty of chances to take the SAT. Your health matters the most. Besides that, good luck. SAT = Stupid Ass Test. I'm glad I'm in college now.

Sent from my GT-S5830 using Tapatalk 2
 
Just endure, take some medicine before. If this grade suffers due to your cold being distracting you could just retake it at another time. Don't worry too much, good luck.
 
Taking Lemsip (or your equivalent cold/flu drink mix) an hour before your test gives it plenty of time to enter your system and begin to take effect. The paracetamol will help with the sore throat and reduce your temperature, while the decongestant will reduce the "balloon" like feeling you get in your sinuses.
Worked a charm for me last Christmas during my winter exams, and still managed to get a upper 2:1 while suffering from the flu.

Just be sure not to mix both the drink mix with regular painkiller tablets!
 
Sleep. If you really want to take the test, wake up and take DayQuil and Advil (pure ibuprofen no other active ingredients) in conjunction. Do not exceed the maximum dose for DayQuil.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top