Back but

Ken the Kitsune

Thread Thumper
Joined
Jun 14, 2012
Messages
1,014
Having steam problems. i can start tf2 and all but when quit it will still say i'm playing it. When i try to play it afterwords it just says it's already running. The only way to stop this s literally shutting down steam and restarting it. Kind of getting annoying so asking you people if there's a solution to this annoyance ;^_^
 
I don't believe that there is a away. I have had this problem 7 times this week too :/
I blame valve
 
You can open your task manager (Ctrl + shift + esc) and force close hl2.exe. This will enable you to launch your game without closing steam.
 
Last edited:
strangely enough hl2.exe didn't show up 0_o

Hmm. Look for any different processes then normal when you launch TF2/Close it. This might just be a bug with the most recent update to the Steam client and if so, it should be fixed soon. (Next Tuesday by the latest.)
 
Drew... In Task manager it never showed up for me. Steam glitch


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
what drew said, you may need to validate your steam files, i think thats how i fixed it, when thaf happened to me
 
My internet is all messed up. (wireless tower interwebs from the air). It isn't letting me play TF2 the way I wanna..or minecraft at night. :(
 
Try switching to the steam beta release. Go into settings and opt into the beta there.

I'm on the beta, and haven't had this problem, so it might fix your issue.

Hope that helps!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top