Help me please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

[j]Cap

Famous
Joined
Jun 7, 2012
Messages
489
CS:S Keeps crashing on me for no reason not even 10 minutes into any server. I have completely reinstalled steam and all my games. I have verified the integrity of the game cache. I have run checkdisk to see if there is anything wrong with the reg files, didnt work rogue :(

I am no defraging my comp even though I know that wont really help but hey anything is worth a try right now.

I also went in to the launchsetup and entered this "-high -dxlevel 95"
(steam forums said this is a code to make cs:s primary program)

still defraging so when thats done I will try again but people this is weird and no one else knows what might be wrong. So if we have any program or code writers please help! I can put teamview on so you can see from your point of view if there is anything wrong. Im desperate here!
 
-high is to make it high priority.
-dxlevel 95 means you're using directx 9.

Do you know how to access the Windows Console?
 
-high -dxlevel 95 - Should i have that at all?

No I do not know how to access that :(
 
What you can do is go to your library, right click on the game name, go to properties, look for a button that says "Set launch options...", click it, then enter "-high -dxlevel 95" and you should be good.
 
its weird you bring this up... i could have sworn someone else had the same problem today with jail..
 
What you can do is go to your library, right click on the game name, go to properties, look for a button that says "Set launch options...", click it, then enter "-high -dxlevel 95" and you should be good.

jcap said:
I also went in to the launchsetup and entered this "-high -dxlevel 95"
(steam forums said this is a code to make cs:s primary program)

  1. Click start.
  2. At the quick search bar, type in Event Viewer.
  3. Once Event Viewer comes up, click on it and wait. This step may take several seconds.
  4. Click Custom Views > Administrative Events
  5. Sort by Level and scroll up to see Critical events.
  6. List all recent(within the last week) Critical events in this thread.

Really really crappy step by step images:

IPSxPtz.png


R9PVAZb.png


xnwYpiK.png


l0QAPq0.png
 
Last edited:
The only Critical's I have are my Kernel Power and I only have 3 that are logged in event viewer. Here it is though.


Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2/20/2014 8:06:37 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Mason
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>3</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-02-20T15:06:37.641493000Z" />
<EventRecordID>6951</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Mason</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">1</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">130373823584628846</Data>
<Data Name="BootAppStatus">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>
 
"The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly."
 
OK.

That's what I needed to know, if there was a bugcheck present.

Please add me to Steam.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top