"My friend wants to trade with you"

The Sloth

Active Member
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
344
Anyone else noticing the extreme influx of people adding you and sending you the message "my friend wants to trade with you but he can't add you ---> click this link etc"? I must get around 3-4 adds a day saying this and it's beginning to get quite annoying seeing I'm actually trying to trade with people.
 
Those accounts are hacked. Report the profile, with the reason of "Suspected Hijacker or Phishing".
 
I never get these invites ... :/ and most of the times are =(e)= invites that I reject :)
 
You're on a list. I've had this problem in the past, and setting my account to only be visible to signed in players seemed to help. Unfortunately, this makes it so you can't use backpack.tf, but it's a good enough trade off in my opinion.

To be fair, I'm not sure if that's the actual reason that I stopped getting these friend requests, but it's something to try.
 
I know they're accounts that have been hacked, just recently I get them all the time, must be on some "annoy" list...
 
I got 2 in an hour.

Being someone who has already fallen for this once, I get really mad when I see one.
 
I know they're accounts that have been hacked, just recently I get them all the time, must be on some "annoy" list...

Yeah I know what you mean sloth one friend I had to block from my list because this individual was begging me for one hour to trade away some of my favorite items away. I ended up getting cussed out but lesson learned I guess.
 
never click those links, they're links like steamcomrnunity to trick people into thinking its the regular steam website

be wary, friends
 
You're on a list. I've had this problem in the past, and setting my account to only be visible to signed in players seemed to help. Unfortunately, this makes it so you can't use backpack.tf, but it's a good enough trade off in my opinion.

To be fair, I'm not sure if that's the actual reason that I stopped getting these friend requests, but it's something to try.

This is probably most accurate, you are on a list. More specifically a group list, people who use bots such as these tend to target larger steam groups for people and will scrape any public profiles from them > add the user > attempt to phish for credentials.

So basically, remove yourself from some of the larger steamgroups and any groups that seem suspicious.
 
I used to get those when I traded, just report them as Phishers.

Now my profile and inventory and stuff are private, so no one can snoop around my backpack and try to phish something out of it.
 
I only have crates. No keys :]. Yeah steam sites like eGO groups are bad, you should delete your steam account and go out to see the real world.
 
I only have crates. No keys :]. Yeah steam sites like eGO groups are bad, you should delete your steam account and go out to see the real world.

Haha, what is this real world you speak of? I mean I go to Egypt all the time lol.
 
I've never got one before. I wonder what their friend has for trade.....
 
I've gotten a few, about 5-7. The first one I accepted(stuiped me) and it got hacked, password changed and all the items stolen. So I had to make a new steam(yay! Lol) and the I got another one, same person same link btw, so I chatted him, said some inappropriate things to him(not repeating chat, and told him to screw(I used a meaner word) off. I then reported him.
 
I wish I would stop gettin them, just for a day lol
 
Back
Top