Bad Company 2 Using a mouse utility. On foot vs vehicles

Tikkun Olam

The Rude Canuck
Joined
Sep 18, 2013
Messages
266
Hi Guys

One of my biggest frustrations playing the game is the difference in mouse sensitivity between being on foot and controlling a gun in a vehicle. A quick turning pilot out-moves me to the point that lately I've just been bailing if I can't track an enemy, or it takes 10 or 15 mouse "shoves" to move a tank turret 180. I was actually bitching about it in-game so you know it's getting to me.

I can go to the game menu and change the mouse sensitivity in there every time, but it takes seconds and then I have to change it back when I exit...otherwise my aiming point is all over the place. I've tried quite a few times and it's too much of a pain in the ass.

I've had this nice little DeathAdder mouse for a couple of years now and I like it a lot because it's pretty simple, has a braided cord and rides smoothly on my desk without a pad. I've never used them but it comes with a set of utilities that allows you to change the resolution and sensitivity on the fly.

The problem: I'm totally stumped on how the hell to set the thing up. It's like when I look at the utility setup my brain kicks in a mental BSD, and the merry-go-round song starts playing in the background.

Does anyone else see the big difference, and does anyone use something to fix it?
 
The problem: I'm totally stumped on how the hell to set the thing up. It's like when I look at the utility setup my brain kicks in a mental BSD, and the merry-go-round song starts playing in the background

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

I upgraded my keyboard and mouse back in early December, and I can't seem to get the settings to where I can both drive a tank and turret traverse quickly without looking like an epileptic ADHD patient when running around. I thought the new hardware would actually allow me to fly the %&#&^% helo, and it does, but it also makes it impossible to aim the rockets.

I look forward to any clues you guys can give us.

Papa
 
Been there, done that, got the t-shirt!

I upgraded my keyboard and mouse back in early December, and I can't seem to get the settings to where I can both drive a tank and turret traverse quickly without looking like an epileptic ADHD patient when running around. I thought the new hardware would actually allow me to fly the %&#&^% helo, and it does, but it also makes it impossible to aim the rockets.

I look forward to any clues you guys can give us.

Papa

You just need to tone down your sensitivity. Having it too twitchy is annoying and is indicative of a sensitivity that is way too high. Personally I use ~800 CPI for games like BC2 and BF4. The in-game setting is also generally low, low enough so that it is about 45 inches for a 360. The lower the sensitivity the more accurate it tracks thus you will be more accurate in-game.

Its been so long since I used the Deathadder that I forget how to set it up. But I believe it has on the fly sensitivity, which allows you to alternate between custom CPI settings with a push of a button. So set that up so that you have one setting for vehicles and one setting for on foot.
 
For some reason in choppers you can turn a gun turret quickly with a mouse or joystick and tanks do take forever to turn.I guess that adds some realism to the game. you need to join an empty server and keep tweeking your settings to what works great for you.
 
The left and right arrow keys move the turret and helo gun a lot quicker. I use them for big movements and the mouse for smaller ones.
 
I kept reading about using a button to change the resolution on the fly but I kept ignoring it because there's only 4 buttons on this mouse and I didn't want to use one. Turns out the button is on the bottom of the mouse! Doh.

Shows you what you're brain can assume, too. I even ignored the little button itself...I probably saw it a hundred times but it looks exactly like the connect button on a wireless mouse. Dbl Doh. Oh well, 60's child dontchaknow.

Now I'm trying to figure out what works best within the three parameters - polling rate, sensitivity and acceleration - but it's a pain in the ass...especially when you throw in the game's sensitivity setting. Mouse movement between deaths - where you choose what kit you'll carry next - is weird and doesn't make any damned sense. lol. If I have the mouse super sensitive in-game, it's very slow there. Oh well, I'll figure it out. :]

And to be honest, I haven't really been enjoying gunning or flying as much anyway lately (whine ahead). I think that since some of the guys are pretty much AT136 marksman, most pilots are flying too low and erratically to gun effectively....at least for me. You get a few guys that are good and it's worse than the vads.

In any case, I've been off for 6 weeks for tennis elbow (sounds better when you say lateral epicondylitis) and I'm back to work this week, so I won't be around as much. I suspect it'll get to be more fun again when I can only play an hour or so a day.
 
Hi guys!

I wrestled with this issue for quite a while as well, until I found the solution. The Logitech G5 laser mouse (other mice have this feature as well).

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-G5-Laser-Mouse-931376-0403/dp/B000AY5YI4[/ame]

When you click the link, you'll notice in the image, at the top of the mouse, between the left and right clicks (under the scroll wheel) are + and - buttons. You can change your Dpi mouse speeds right there. You only need to set aside enough time to set and test the speeds to your liking. It takes a little bit to get used to, but once you use it for a while you'll love it, especially for BC2. Each mouse speed you setup also has a corresponding light on the mouse (one, two, or three) so you can easily glance to see in case you aren't sure which one you left it on.

I use my middle finger (insert joke here_____) to change speeds without lifting my hand off the mouse at all. My infantry setting is one, heli is two at a slightly increased speed setting, and tank is three at a rediculously fast speed, which allows me to turn the turret with one sweep of the mouse (I use infantry speed when on the .50 cal though because tank speed is too sensitive).

*I've seen it for much cheaper on other sites, just have to search it. Check it out.
 
Last edited:
I play with a mouse that has 3500 dpi and 1000 hz, i am all over the place, but not matter what i do i can't seem to turn the tank turret around to shoot some one witch takes me 3 slides of the mouse to get it around. But while on the ground i can spin 30x with one slide. And you really have to consider that the tanks in real life you can't 360 in one sec.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top