TF2 changes revealed

Don't like the whole Overhealer idea.. It just doesn't sound too balanced. TF2 is already perfectly balanced as it is, nothing really needs to be changed.

Goldrush on the other hand sounds like alot of fun and I'd be interested in seeing that become a reality.
 
i don't know how i would like it, i like the game the way it is, but goldrush mode sounds pretty cool
 
[quote1201133248=Groo]
I'm interested to see what they do to the new weapons. If the current weapon sets are considered "baseline", as long as the new weapon sets have an attribute which is better AND an attribute to make it worse (EX: double distance of the pyro but half the damage and does not set on fire or a Spy detector device for the engie, but that replaces the Sentry option or a solider with multishot, but each shot does less damage) then it should be okay. I agree with DrMarvin42, if all they do is make these new weapons to be uberweapons, then that just screws everything up.

Here's hoping they keep the game mechanics balanced with the update.
[/quote1201133248]

man you wont believe how many ppl are saying the same stuff you are on the steam forums. everyone is afraid that they are overpowering everyone and its gona suck, but no, what they are no doing is giving people new abilities that have their own advantages and disadvantages.

and i quote, "The unlockables aren't just beefed up versions of the weapons, they balance major advantages and disadvantages to fundamentally alter the role of that class"

so i mean as we can see with the medic overhealer example, theres so many ways the medic could be useful as an overhealer, but there are other situations when a medic with an uber would be far more effective, like if the enemies have 3 sentries in one spot u kno, its up to the player to decide how to approach these situations.

so you see the game has no implemented strategy along with skill, so like drmarvin might beat an enemy soldier because he has a different loadout than him, but even though the enemy might have been a better soldier than drmarvin, drmarvin approached the situation strategicly and in a way that best fits him.
 
I agree, i think tf2 is a perfectly balanced game and im sure whatever they change to it will be for the better
 
I think they should give the sniper a snarky animal sidekick. Like a koala or something that's AI controlled and just follows you around attacking people and spouting off one liners.
 
^ haha then we will be just that much closer to being like WoW. and i'd very much like to try to avoid that :P
 
They way I see it, Valve is a very careful company. Take a look at the history of games they've released, and (for the most part) there's not a stinker in the bunch. So, I'm putting my faith that (a) Valve already had this in mind from the beginning, but needed time to tweak it, and (b) Valve wouldn't screw up a game that was getting such a positive response without vetting the changes they were making quite carefully.

Well, at least that's how I'm hoping it turns out.
 
[quote1201201142=RollingReady]
Sounds interesting, but I don't like it. I've always liked TF2 because all the players had the same stuff. The only difference in 2 players of the same class, was the player skill.
[/quote1201201142]

Agreed completely, these weapons will probably give a HUGE advantage.
Maybe they will be cool, maybe they won't. All we can do is wait :]
 
^ again with the "HUGE advantage" stuff, they are putting in useful balanced items that are good here and there, not imbalanced. ppl gota stop freaking out.
 
[quote1201209587=Fippy Squirrel]They way I see it, Valve is a very careful company. Take a look at the history of games they've released, and (for the most part) there's not a stinker in the bunch. So, I'm putting my faith that (a) Valve already had this in mind from the beginning, but needed time to tweak it, and (b) Valve wouldn't screw up a game that was getting such a positive response without vetting the changes they were making quite carefully.[/quote1201209587]

My thoughts exactly Fippy. Looking at how TF2 is designed, they want the game to be extremely accessible to new players. This is a good thing since it keeps up the number of players and keeps the playerbase fresh. The idea that they would start adding in new elements that would completely alter that state to one that penalizes new players by not allowing them to compete on even ground doesn't make any sense.

I'm not sure that Valve had this in mind in the beginning. I believe much of it is due to the non-stop insistence by players on the official TF2 forum that certain elements needed changing or this weapon aspect would be better if it worked this way or that way. So, I think Valve sees this as an opportunity to add new interest, new strategy, and new options into an existing game without altering the fundamentals of it while appeasing many of the players that want options.

I don't think I can possibly imagine what they are planning. If I were to take a stab at a possible demoman unlockable, I would have to guess that they will allow for a secondary launcher that operates like the TFC secondary. In other words, a sticky launcher that has projectiles that don't stick. This change would allow for enhanced indirect fire like TFC had. Ahh... The good old days when I would run away from someone, throw a green pipe against the wall, and then det it in their face.
 
The new achievements are going to be cool and I can't wait to see what kind of new weapons there are. If they really feel kind then there could be a server setting to turn on/off the new weapons.
 
This could be very interesting. Ideally, they'll be able to introduce unlockable weapons and such and keep the game balanced, thus prolonging it's lifespan; unlockables are a surefire way to get people to keep on playing. Hopefully, they'll also find some way to keep people from boosting for achievements.

Hope we get to see more of this soon, It'll be interesting to see what new equipment they come up with for classes like Pyro and Demoman. Maybe we'll finally get to play around with the beta trailer dynamite :)
 
See? That sounds like a perfect option for a third sniper weapon. Drop a bear-trap behind you so you don't get backstabbed. :p
 
I personally want to see what specials they will come up with for classes such as the scout and engineer...
 
Back
Top