What Operating System is you phone?

What OS does your phone have?

  • Android

    Points: 21 63.6%
  • iOS

    Points: 10 30.3%
  • Windows

    Points: 0 0.0%
  • Blackberry

    Points: 1 3.0%
  • Other (please specify)

    Points: 1 3.0%

  • Total voters
    33

samsoniks

EGO Zealot
Joined
Jan 18, 2012
Messages
1,629
What OS does your mobile device have?

GYjQ14x.png


And also post what phone/tablet you use?
and maybe tell us more about it.

Any trouble running certain games?

What do you think about it?

Would you recommend it?

Pros and Cons?



​
 
Last edited:
Satisfied LG G2 owner here. No animosity to people who own other types of smartphones though. It's all good.
 
I think 75% of america has a android now days whether it be a Samsung or LG or HTC or one of the other makers and the other 24% use one of the i phones

the rest *mostly grandparents still use the flip phones or just have a land line cause there scared of technology*

like my mother in her early early 60s still uses a basic flip phone and doesn't even know how to add contacts or message people or look at pictures sent to her i have to help her with all these she done even know how to make a call on my Samsung Galaxy S3
 
I personally converted from all childhood of using nokias to using Android, about 4 years ago.
Had the HTC wildfire (at the time was an ok phone)
Ran basic games, but got slow close to when the memory was full.
And could not transfer the files and apps to the memory cards because of how android works
had to install custom android OS (cyanogen mod) in order to speed it up

And then last year got my self the HTC ONE (m7) as soon as it was available in the shops.
The best sound i have ever heard from a mobile.

The camera is amazing (its small resolutions, so you cant print massive photos,
but at the same time it was the best low light camera, due to its new sensor)
Main reason why i got the phone because im a photographer and i like having
the best low light performance, I use variety of professional gear for work, but
i even surprised my self with the results that i got from the phone, but most
phones give you extreme amount of noise/grain in low light conditions.

"Its not all about the pixels maaaan!"

Never slowed down, even for once.... And i use my phone extremely intense...
Runs all games that i put on it without even a flicker, while running a bunch
of other apps in the background.

Also amazing build quality, (i have to admit, its a sexy phone)
Also voted to be the best phone of 2013 And at one certain time
was the best phone in the world according to reviewers.

Would definitely recommend it.

The only thing i would say a con (but its not huge, because HTC have released an update)
The HTC version of android (HTC SENCE) had a few bits that ware
annoying and you couldn't get rid of the main screen. But its fixed now.
 
Last edited:
Google Nexus 5 here :) Runs all the games love the phone.
 
Android 4.3 on a Galaxy S3 right now. The S3 is my first smart phone, so I'm happy with it...but I can feel it's age, especially with the 4.3 update.

I'm up for renewal, but I have no idea what to get. The S5 looks awful, so I'm skipping that. The HTC One (M8) looks cool, but apparently the camera is all kinds of mediocre. It's suppose to be great in low light, but in pretty much ever other situation it's washed out all the hell.

So I guess I could wait and see what this years Moto X will looks like or jump on IPhone with its next iteration...which looks to be somewhere around September.
 
The camera on the m8 is awesome, at least to what I've read, but will be able to say more after I see it. As for my current phones camera (HTC One) it performs amazing, for a phone that is.

.
 
I forgot to mention, that if you have tablets, also post here as they
are technically a mobile device and can also run most games.
 
I have an old flip phone held together by tape
as seen here:
P3828zP.jpg


But I play on an iPod 5th Gen
 
I have a Note 3 and the LG G Flex. Love them and they run android jellybean. I gave my mom the flex, she's really picky about phones and wants a quality camera and long battery life, and she's content with it. She used to have the s4 galaxy but the battery life wasn't that great.

As for me I love my note 3, I've upgraded from the DROID 4 and the Note 2. The 3 has great battery life and can run my emulators pretty well, I was playing dreamcast sonic adventure 2 with no lag.

The con for the note 3 is the volume for the earphones... it's too low even at high settings. Also custom Rom support seems to be lacking.

Both phones are the flagship for their respected companies and they've done an awesome job. The cameras are both 13MP and it's awesome.
 
Oh and last pro con. The note 3 has expandable memory to fit my games. The G Flex... sadly doesn't like most of the new Android phones and was the reason I did not keep it. Both are evenly matched but the flex has that beautiful curved screen...sadly it's not 1080p like the Note 3.
 
iPhone 4S since basically it's release date. Not a huge phone person. As long it sends/receive texts, makes phone calls, and let's me use safari, I'm content.
 
Back
Top