MMO: Wurm Online

Snipeye

EGO Is My Life!
=(e)=
Joined
May 6, 2009
Messages
4,867
Has anyone heard of this MMO and ever played it? I read about it just recently and it looks interesting enough that I'm sorely tempted to create an account and give it a try.

For anyone that doesn't know Wurm Online is, for lack of a better comparison, a fantasy Eve Online. It can be merciless for beginners, learning how to play the game and start up their home, experiencing monsters or PVP for the first. But it can be also very rewarding, having spent so much time and effort to get your character and home to such a high level. The game is persistent, so when you log off, everything left behind on your property can be taken, used, or continue to grow. I've been reading stories about how old homesteads have been temporarily taken over by this new player or that, re-weeding the property, repairing holes in the house or damage to the cobblestone, and replanting the farms.

Another interesting fact is that this is the game Notch worked on before working/releasing Minecraft. And as you may expect hearing that, this game has a large sandbox element where you can dig, farm, mine, and build anywhere in the game. You can plant saplings to grow oak, cherry, willow trees; you can build multi-story houses or castles; you can create massive mines underground. As for PVP, not only can you build armor, shields, and weapons, but you can also build siege weapons, moats, and other weapons of war.

If anyone has any stories to share about the game, I'd be interested in hearing it (or if anyone else wants to try the game together, let me know)
 
I dabbled in it a few years ago. I'm not sure how it is now, but it was very rough then. Didn't get too far into it.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top