I need some help.

TheRazeRuler

Poster
Joined
Jul 9, 2013
Messages
132
Well, my $260 laptop is heating up quickly. It heats even faster once it needs to be charged. I can hardly play one hour without it reaching very high temps. Anyone have any advice on how to stop this darn thing from overheating?
 
Well, my $260 laptop is heating up quickly. It heats even faster once it needs to be charged. I can hardly play one hour without it reaching very high temps. Anyone have any advice on how to stop this darn thing from overheating?

The cooling system broke down? Might have to send it for repairs before it breaks and costs even more later ♪
 
You could try getting a can of compressed air and spraying the fan to clean the inside. Could be blocked with a lot of dust. Just a suggestion, worked fine for me. A heating pad would probably be a good idea to get too.
 
You could try getting a can of compressed air and spraying the fan to clean the inside. Could be blocked with a lot of dust. Just a suggestion, worked fine for me. A heating pad would probably be a good idea to get too.

I second this.

I had this problem with my laptop and clearing the fan from dust fixed the issue.

You can get a cheap cooling pad for like 20 bucks.
 
Is getting a new laptop an option? I mean you could probably sell this for like 150-200$ and buy something better.
Just a suggestion :P
 
Depending on how long you've had it, you might consider putting on some more thermal jelly. Of course you'd have to be comfortable enough with opening it up and doing that.

You can also build your own external heat sink. While not everyone has copper just lying around you can use it to create your own heat sinks. If you're really into DYI stuff check this sucker out:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-removable-laptop-water-cooler!-And-other-co/
 
drill some big holes in it to let it breath!
CPUFan.jpg
 
I had this problem too.

Blow all the dust out and then get a cooling fan/pad. I got mine for $7 and it works wonderfully.
 
Depending on how long you've had it, you might consider putting on some more thermal jelly. Of course you'd have to be comfortable enough with opening it up and doing that.

You can also build your own external heat sink. While not everyone has copper just lying around you can use it to create your own heat sinks. If you're really into DYI stuff check this sucker out:

http://www.instructables.com/id/Make-a-removable-laptop-water-cooler!-And-other-co/

I know some people that can get me copper. Plus I know that website.
 
my best friend said his cpu was 200 degrees one time, and he asked, "shouldnt my cpu be melting right now?"
 

Latest posts

Back
Top