Streaming and you

Zelda

EGO Addict
Joined
Sep 14, 2008
Messages
1,389
If anyone has any problems or would like to start streaming, Please send me a PM or talk on this forum, I've been streaming for close to 5 years now and have played around with all software from free to paying 200$ for one to find the best for each person.
Also if you just have a general question please post here and i'll answer it right away.
 
CARL!! How in the eff do i play my game but be able to see the chatbar? I was streaming some Splinter Cell and I had to watch my own stream just to be able to see # of people watching and chat. How do?
 
CARL!! How in the eff do i play my game but be able to see the chatbar? I was streaming some Splinter Cell and I had to watch my own stream just to be able to see # of people watching and chat. How do?

Well first, we need to know a few things. please answer back when you got time
#1) how many screens do you have? (The reason i ask, Most pro streamers have 2 to 3, I have 3 my self but that's for when i'm programming video games.)
#2) What program are you using to stream. (The reason i ask is some have plug in's i can find to help you.)
#3) can you play your game in windowed mode if you have only one screen or is that out? (if this is out, it will make it harder but i can try to still do it...)
Oh, #4) do you have two pc's? A desktop and laptop? If so i can come up with even more idea's, I also have 2 laptops so i can do some cool stuff.
 
I've been using OBS. Although there's a smidgen of work to get it up an running, it does its job well enough.
 
#1) Unfortunately my desk will only hold 1 screen. Plus i'm just a simple gamer so two screens doesnt seem realistic. yet. SO I only have one screen.
#2) I'm using OBS and Twitch.
#3)Thats what i do for some games but if only one person is watching me, is it worth it?
Oh, #4) I do have 2 laptops! One is always streaming Netflix since my wife needs something to do while im gaming and the other is hers for school and its bad. But i might be able to have it next to me!
 
#1) Unfortunately my desk will only hold 1 screen. Plus i'm just a simple gamer so two screens doesnt seem realistic. yet. SO I only have one screen.
#2) I'm using OBS and Twitch.
#3)Thats what i do for some games but if only one person is watching me, is it worth it?
Oh, #4) I do have 2 laptops! One is always streaming Netflix since my wife needs something to do while im gaming and the other is hers for school and its bad. But i might be able to have it next to me!

1. if you play the game in windowed you can have twitch in dashboard mode you can have chat under where you can see it.
 
What about with a laptop next to me? Can that work too?

yes, If you use that you wont have to keep the game in windowed. You can eather #a, Have twitch's dashboard open or B download Mric and connect to your channel on the laptop.

This allows you to see how many and who are watching and even talk to them.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top