I got questions

Joined
Feb 25, 2014
Messages
83
So... I have a coupla questions... mostly about the rankings.

1.Are the rankings an indicator of skill?

2.If your points go below zero, is that a bad thing?
 
Do you mean on gameme? If so, my opinion is no and no. The system for those points is really strange, and even more many people don't even care about that. However, it is interesting to look at the top players because those people usually are very skilled. They have some pretty cool stats.
Other than that, it's hard to say that rank 600 is better than 601. I'd say that unless you're above maybe 250.. Maybe 300... It fluctuates in strange and unusual ways.

Also, it's good to have fun and if running around with a festive fish and dying a lot is your fun (I heard a friend did that >_>) then you're gonna lose points, and that's fine!

Also also, it really just depends on who you are I suppose. Some people take the points pretty seriously, others don't care at all. I'm not gonna lie, I do check it and get a bit happier when I see any rank improvement... Thank you Sanctified and Tomain :P but I do have my fish days... Er... I mean.... Silly filling nonsense uh...without fish stoof...

And if that's not what you mean, then please disregard. ^_^


Sent with my owl using howler
 
1. Not exactly. Players with more experience do get more kills, which means gaining points. But a new or very low ranked player can come along and kill a top player, causing them to lose 25 points or so.

2. It's impossible for your points to go below zero. The negative number you see from a session is how many points you lost.

My suggestion is to not let the points be the first thing in mind when you play. You should have fun first, then worry about the points. Although if you goof around like I do, swinging melee half the time, you'll find yourself losing points more than gaining. Haha.

A satisfying melee crit kill is worth my lost points... >:3
 
Those points make the game less fun for me, especially when you actually progress and go from ranking in the 1500s to about 380s (the lower the number the better obviously) In my case derping around while filling usually puts me back in the 400s... Its a matter of preference, You wont see me as much filling cause it wasn't easy to get to the rank I have.

Gameme is set up to turn on after 6 players are on the server so if you want to derp around 5 and under has no point penalty and you can melee all you want. :D

Skill wise... yes it does help determine who is the best but at the top maybe 100 or so. Sanctified worked his behind to get rank 1 and passing this guy known as onichan. It was a happy moment for our division.
 
Last edited:
Those points make the game less fun for me, especially when you actually progress and go from ranking in the 1500s to about 380s (the lower the number the better obviously) In my case derping around while filling usually puts me back in the 400s... Its a matter of preference, You wont see me as much filling cause it wasn't easy to get to the rank I have.

Gameme is set up to turn on after 6 players are on the server so if you want to derp around 5 and under has no point penalty and you can melee all you want. :D

Depends on the persion, back in the day i was the #1 player in the TF2 servers for a month, but i became more upsised with my score then having fun. so i let the rank go and had way more fun :)
 
Basically people with higher ranks mean they have way more kills than anyone else. Like Idol said, Hats are the most important.
A satisfying melee crit kill is worth my lost points... >:3
Some people never change :P
 
The rankings mean pretty much nothing since they're so heavily weighted by KPD. Maybe if GameME were SPM based, but it's not... which is sad.
 
No for both questions, your loss in points is you stealing your opponent's points. As orange said All that gameME shows you is who can not die the longest and can grind the hardest.
 
Don't worry about them.

You'll be obsessed in getting better and getting more points you'll never have the room to have fun.

I worked so hard until I got to about #76.....then I just quit Gameme and I've been having so much more fun ever since. Obviously, that put a dent in my points (The green line is my points for the last few months):

player_trend_410_245_tf_1274767_0f0f0f_fbfbfb_en.png


But you know what? That's ok.
 
What Idol said.


Envoy? de mon iPhone ? l'aide de Tapatalk
 

Latest posts

Back
Top