Can we give more !rep points?

Joined
Sep 15, 2013
Messages
83
I am wondering if the powers that be have considered allowing more !rep points to be given in eGO servers (i.e., be able to '!up' people more per 60 minutes).

I was happy when I got my first !up point -- especially because it was from a bona-fide eGO member with a badge and everything! I didn't know what it was, but it helped get me interested in the eGO servers. I played more, got to know the players, and liked what I had found. Now I have an =(e)= badge, and I'd like to give more !up points out to new players on our servers.

I usually !up people for good plays (even when they dominate me and make me angry:glare:). But I pay special attention to new comers, whose names I don't recognize. I've noticed that a few of those newcomers who were given a few !ups by the community have become regulars in eGO servers. I have even befriended one or two of them. The problem is, I tend give my 3 !ups per hour away within the first 10-20 minutes of playing. I just thought it would be neat to have more upvotes per 60 minute cycle.

Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
With Dedicated Supporter, you can get 5 per hour.

But I agree with your sentiments. I love giving them out, especially to new people. :D It's a really great way to make a new friend and show those new to our servers that they are appreciated. I'm glad you're using them so liberally.

I don't know if the default number can be increased but I will be sure other leadership see your suggestion. Thanks for bringing it up!
 
Best thing to do for things like this is to Post a suggestion in the eGO Dropbox All of the leadership in eGO will be able to see it and it will get the proper attention needed.

It does Sounds like a good idea, they could even possibly consider lowering the waiting time a bit in my opinion.

Good suggestion nonetheless, its great to see IP is on the case!
 
Yes, I too quite enjoy !up'ing people's reps.

It's pretty satisfying to both the giver and receiver.
I almost never leave a server without giving out all of my points. I've been putting off getting DS.
 
I am more like, I can only down 'Jack, the Jack Master' 3 times an hour? WTH?

Seriously, though I always forget, and someone says they are leaving for the night and of course that is the one time I am in the middle of a fire fight and didn''t die .025 seconds into it, then I finally get a chance to type, and then they are gone. :( I need a way to !up them after they left.
 
I am more like, I can only down 'Jack, the Jack Master' 3 times an hour? WTH?

Seriously, though I always forget, and someone says they are leaving for the night and of course that is the one time I am in the middle of a fire fight and didn''t die .025 seconds into it, then I finally get a chance to type, and then they are gone. :( I need a way to !up them after they left.

That seems to be more and more common problem these days.... Somebody needs to fix this! :P
 
I say just bump every one up to 1,000,000,000,000,000 and lets all be happy
 
I love repping new players who have a good round. So many of them perk up. A little acknowledgement of good play can go a long way.
 
I say just bump every one up to 1,000,000,000,000,000 and lets all be happy

Give this man an award (and an !up)
And since dead tom is at a whooping rep of -1,147,483,614 I think he needs that rep

I wrote the number down, not memorized lol
 
Last edited:
Give this man an award (and an !up)
And since dead tom is at a whooping rep of -1,147,483,614 I think he needs that rep

I wrote the number down, not memorized lol


But just the fact that you wrote it down...

PS I also think more !ups would be great. It's a good conversation starter with pubs that don't know what it is so they ask more. I think it's pretty useful anyways. Maybe if it's per half hour instead of hour?
 
Last edited:
But just the fact that you wrote it down...

PS I also think more !ups would be great. It's a good conversation starter with pubs that don't know what it is so they ask more. I think it's pretty useful anyways. Maybe if it's per half hour instead of hour?

Hey, I wanted to prove my point with the rep, that some people need it more then others...
 
Give this man an award (and an !up)
And since dead tom is at a whooping rep of -1,147,483,614 I think he needs that rep

Is that even possible?
Anyways I think switchingswitching time would be better.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using tapatalk
 
But then having a high number won't be as cool and I need people to know i'm cool. :p

Repflation is bad for Mannco! Vote No on Prop 1. Only you can stop repflation!
 

Latest posts

Back
Top