Memorial Day Weekend

Bread

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jun 18, 2012
Messages
2,098
As some of you have heard from me, my family has fought in every war the United states has fought in all the way back to the revolutionary war. In the Revolutionary we fought as minute men for america. Civil war we went against eachother, Union was captured and taken to a POW camp where he escaped and reenlisted. WWI stuck in a trench like most soldiers, WWII Grandfather fought in the navy, Vietnam Mom's cousins dad. And current wars it's Mom and Dad's cousins fighting. My dad is a Former Marine.

I want to hear you're military experience/ history of your guy's family if you're okay sharing since it is Memorial weekend. And to our current and former members. Thank you for your service.
 
Last edited:
My uncle and cousin are both in the army right now. My grandfather was a MP in WWII and my great grandfather fought in WWI
 
I'm in the Army!! God bless your family(ies) for serving. It's great to be a soldier!
 
Much respect for the military heritage flowing through your veins. I am also currently serving in the US Airforce as an O-4 OR Nurse. and I could talk for days about the events I have witnessed, especially from our drunken lovely whiskeys (army medics). My grandfather served in WWII as I would expect most of our family did as if you were healthy there wasn't much of an option to deny.

For everyone currently serving or knows someone who has served, I want to say thank you and also note that even though it does get old sometimes to be thanked for our service, it is a lot less forgettable when ignored.
 
My uncle, and other uncle, and one of my aunts have been in the military, I believe they were all marines.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top