Newsletter June Newsletter

Quaffer

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Apr 19, 2008
Messages
3,824
It is Memorial Day in the U.S. as I write this intro. We must never forget that the freedoms we so gratefully enjoy every day did not come cheap. Our family, friends, and even strangers died for our freedom. Please remember and honor those who died so that we may be free. Our freedom comes at a high price, so cherish it, never take it for granted, and never forget.

This month we hear from a new reporter, SigmaTaurus, and have a trio of articles by Insomnia Princess. Also, if you are having trouble finding the Newsletter Link, it is now located in the Media Module on the front page at www.edge-gamers.com. It is also stickied in the General Forum. Since you found us, do the Newsletter Team a favor and inform your friends where we can be found. A free press is meaningless if you don’t read what is published.

wewo​


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608220"]
1_MTL_Trippey.png
[/link]

Drew-X is modding his own position. [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608220"]Come read what he told Jay_Jay.[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608221"]
2_CWI_Trippey.png
[/link]

EdgeGamers has shaken things up. If you missed the meeting, Insomnia Princess can [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608221"]bring you up to speed.[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608222"]
3_PSC_Trippey.png
[/link]

Our restless royal has been interviewing some of our members. What's this? [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608222"]We've been invaded.[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608223"]
4_CS_Trippey.png
[/link]

flamelauncher11 tells us that Counter-Strike is bringing the competition. Grab your helmets, [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608223"]because they're invading Day of Defeat.[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608224"]
5_MC_Trippey.png
[/link]

Our newest reporter, SigmaTaurus, tells us that MineCraft [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608224"]has taken flight.[/link]


[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608225"]
6_OPX_Trippey.png
[/link]

Her highness of sleep deprivation fills us in on Operation: X as they add new mods and [link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540#post2608225"]welcome some old friends.[/link]

This month the articles were reviewed by Blaze, wewo, Leftenent, and TheJollyRoger. Please give them your thanks.

Thanks to Trippey, who did the art. A huge improvement from the hack who did last month's art. Make sure to thank him.

The Newsletter Team is looking for editors, reporters and an additional artist. Because of the access to sensitive information, we do prefer those of eGO rank. If you are interested, and qualified, please send a pm to Quaffer or wewo.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
1_MTL_Trippey.png


By Jay_Jay


Drew-X has been with us since early 2012. From that moment until now, he’s been working full steam ahead to improve the CS Division, and it shows. Now he’s come out like Carl Lewis at a track meet and is bound for OP:X. His sights are set on the still-fresh Garry’s Mod server. No one is certain what plans this newly-appointed Advisor has for such a wacky game. Whatever he produces, I’m sure it will be a treat. Let’s find out a little more...


Q: Well, thanks for finding the time to participate in this Drew-X . I’m sure you’re busy these days.

A: Of course, I'm more than happy to do this.

Q: So how’s it feel to make it this far?

A: Honestly it does feel good to make it this far. I wasn't working towards it, I was just trying to help eGO and in this way I can do that more.

Q: That seems to be something that all of Leadership have in common. They’ve all contributed in many different areas. What are some things you’ve done to improve EdgeGamers?

A: I’ve held a variety of positions in eGO (More specifically in the CS Division). I've been an Event Coordinator, Recruitment Coordinator, Admin Trainer, Sever Filling Captain, and the founder of the CS: Bros program. I also held a spot in the PSC Recruiters as well as with the PSC Trainers. By doing all of these I could help eGO in more ways than one and I was happy to do so.

Q: So, why the interest in Garry’s Mod?

A: Garry's Mod has always been a game that's appealed to me. With its diverse game modes and huge player base, it's always a great time.

Q: Seeing how random and weird Garry’s Mod can be, do you find it a difficult game to work with or does that help out?

A: With Garry's Mod being as random as it is, I actually find it easier to work with. Because of all the randomness it just increases the fun and interest level of the game.

Q: Do you have any big plans for our Garry’s Mod server?

A: Hopefully, we do have some cool stuff to be added soon. But you guys will just have to wait and see!

Q: A surprise? Sounds interesting. Without spoiling too much, can we expect more servers?

A: If our current Trouble in Terrorist Town server does well in terms of popularity and recruitment, you can expect to see more servers somewhere down the line.

Q: Out of all our Divisions, why did you choose to enlist in OP:X?

A: Actually, I started in Counter-Strike almost two and a half years ago. I recently switched to OP:X this month. I needed a change of pace and OP:X was the perfect place for that with all of the different games and all of the unique and awesome people.

Q: Did you find it difficult to switch from CS:S after being with them for that long?

A: It was the hardest choice I have made to date in eGO. Counter-Strike was the reason I even joined this clan and I still love the game. I spent a very long time debating on the choice and after about a week I came to the decision that I needed to mkae the switch to keep me active. But I'm still definitely going to hang out with my CS friends.

Q: Well, I’d better leave you to it. Thanks for finding the time to chat.

A: Glad to help! Thanks for the interview.

That’s all for Meet the Leadership this month folks. Be sure to check out our Garry's Mod server (IP: 174.36.42.207:27016). And as always, stay tuned for next month’s issue. From your reporter in the virtual field, game on.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
2_CWI_Trippey.png


Council & Community Manager Structure Changes in May

By Insomnia Princess


What happened to our Council? Who is the Chief Executive Officer? You may have noticed some structural changes at the highest level in EdgeGamers in May. You may have also seen some new prefixes on higher level members in TeamSpeak. If you missed the special clan-wide meeting that was held to explain these changes, here’s an overview:

Community Managers are the key decision makers for the clan. They are responsible for overseeing all aspects of the day-to-day community operations. All policy is handed down to the clan by them either directly or by delegation to the Division Leaders.

Board of Directors members are ultimately responsible to the world outside of the clan, for everything within eGO. They approve major decisions for the community and rely on the wisdom of the management team to guide the community as a whole. They generally do not participate in day-to-day operations, as this responsibility is entrusted to the Community Managers.

The Chief Executive Officer leads the Community Manager team and acts as the liaison to the Board of Directors. The CEO has no specific area of responsibility, except to supervise the day-to-day operations of our community.

The Chairman leads the Board of Directors and has the ultimate financial and legal power within the community. The Chairman also holds the right to veto any board decision.

The Community Manager rank has changed from what it was before. It has been replaced with the eGO Board of Directors. The Board will not be involved in the ordinary operations of EdgeGamers. Instead, they will be decided any major change within the whole community.

Former Council members are now called Community Managers and will assume the current day-to-day ComMgr responsibilities and powers. If you are confused about who to contact regarding a specific matter, refer to the Leadership Roster, use the Dropbox, or connect to Team Speak and consult your friendly neighborhood leadership member.

If you missed the meeting that explained these changes, you can get up to speed by listening to this meeting recording. Learn more at our History & Structure page.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
3_PSC_Trippey.png


By Insomnia Princess


The month of May brought several interesting changes within PSC. Ikillyou was appointed the newest PSC Trainer and the Recruiting Team visited seven different divisions for invasions. The team is working hard to get the word out about quality recruiting and also bringing the different divisions within eGO together.

I talked to some members who attended these invasions to ask them what they thought. Goje says, “The invasions were very fun due to the fact that I got to meet new people who I had never met before, and I get to help eGO grow as well.”

xXPrincessLunaXx says, “Coming from a past gaming community that only recruited for numbers, it has helped me a lot to finally learn how to recruit for quality. I would (and do) recommend these events to all.”

I asked A Nudist Colony if he enjoyed attending the invasions. He replied, “I definitely did enjoy them. I got to meet a lot of really cool people that I wouldn't have talked to under normal circumstances. Also, I do feel like I learned a lot more about recruiting. I was confident enough after an invasion to get my first recruit."

So keep an eye on the Divisional Discussion forums and the eGO calendar to see when the PSC is invading your division so you can be sure to join the fun. You can even join them when they visit any other game (you can join the fun in TS even if you don't have the game). Also keep an eye out for monthly Social Hours hosted by the PSC.

PSC is not all about recruiting, of course. They have many members working diligently around-the-clock to process applications and get those new recruits ready to put on that =(e)= tag as quickly as possible. PSC Trainers work hard to create challenging PSC Scenarios to challenge their members to stay up to date on policies and procedures.

Stay tuned for updates on the New Member Experience (NME) program, coming soon.

As a friendly reminder, the PSC is looking for new processors. Send a private message to any PSC Advisor if you are interested in applying.

oey192
XxDoomxX
imak​

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
4_CS_Trippey.png


By flamelauncher11


Hello EdgeGamers! Flamelauncher11 here to bring you the latest and greatest information on what's happening in the various divisions. This month, I cover my home division, Counter-Strike, and bring all Ts and CTs great news!

Drew-X accepts a new position

Our lives as gamers are conquered by decisions on a daily basis, the hardest being the choice between what's right and what's wrong for the community. Unfortunately, one of CS Division's most beloved members, Drew-X, has come across one of these decisions. Drew has served as an event coordinator, a recruiting coordinator, inventor of the CS Bros. program, and tracker of the Division's server rankings. But as his involvement in the EdgeGamers community has grown, leadership has taken notice and has offered him an Advisor position over in Operation: X for the new Garry's Mod subdivision. For his great work in the Counter-Strike Division, and his dedication to the popular EdgeGamers Garry's Mod TTT server, let us all congratulate Drew, and thank him for making our community thrive.

Climbing the ranks a little higher, we turn our attention to the roster of Counter-Strike Division Leaders, which has seen some changes as well. Christy, a long time member of the CS Division, now leads the Tech Team as its Community Manager, leaving a spot open in CS Divisional Leadership. Zimmy, a former DL who stepped down to focus on real-life tasks, has returned to join Ric and the other members of CS Leadership to guide the division to success.

Competition

The CS Division brings some great news for you competitive gamers out there. Enfohip and Kilroyy-, the CS:GO Competitive Team leaders, have been taking applications for the official EdgeGamers Counter-Strike competitive Team B. The following members have stepped-up to the challenge and have been accepted recently to represent eGO: Billlmays, Bay Area, TheJollyRoger, Gunner234, and ExOH. Wish them luck for the next CEVO season.

In other competitive news, CampingCarl, our beloved jail server star, is hosting a mapping contest for the eGO CS:S jail server. Prizes include up to a free $30 Steam game of choice, so bust out the ol' Source Software Development Kit and start making some prisons! More information can be found here.

Attaaaaack!!!

This month, the CS Division invaded the Day of Defeat: Source Division and successfully filled up the new rotation server in DoD:S. The server was full for more than an hour and players from both divisions had a blast! But the CS Division didn't have the only invasion, the PSC reinforced DoD:S and invaded CS:S back. Despite the flying bullets and the battle-scarred towns, there was a lot of fun harvested from both invasions and that's what counts the most.

That's it for this month in CS news. Until next month, keep rescuing those hostages and defusing those bombs!

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
5_MC_Trippey.png


By SigmaTaurus


This month the Minecraft Division is up to the hilt in news. Once again, the Leadership received, reviewed, and developed suggestions and ideas to improve the server.

The only thing more fun than collecting minerals and squashing little poisonous underground spiders is, that’s right, doing it while your mother yells at you because you haven’t done your chores.

But seriously, besides investing hours and hours into infusing your armor with +100 sexiness, you can now log into Epsylon Survival Server and go on QUESTS. That’s right beautiful people, RPG quests just for you. Aw, yeah!

/warp questisland is the command line you guys need to type to jettison you into a fantastic island with the NPCs that will give you several assignments in exchange for rewards consisting of Schrutes (the server’s currency). You can spend Schrutes at the mall for the sake of spending (retail therapy)! Also, you can use them for trading with other players. Or you can just give them to me, no problem.

But that’s not all, folks. How about your own floating island in the very style of Avatar or Gulliver’s Travels? Well, our friends at Minecraft also installed a Skyblock Mod. You truly need to go and check it out as soon as possible.

Let me give you a word of advice: these mods are currently being tested, with Leadership working day and night to set everything up properly. It is highly recommended that we use these mods, but be careful with your equipment and please report every bug or problem we encounter. Everything for the sake of good ol’ Minecraft Division.

Do you know what a Bukkit is? No? Well, you should, because it’s an amazing administration mod that allows the server to be controlled and developed in many ways. According to trustworthy sources, eGO’s Minecraft will utilize Bukkit (probably with version 1.8). I’ll keep track of this and let you know what’s up.

This is pretty much my first article ever written for eGO, so I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed the fun I had while writing it.

Read ya' later,

Sigma

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
6_OPX_Trippey.png


By Insomnia Princess


Hello EdgeGamers! Summer is here and there are great things happening in OP:X Division.

The WoW guild is currently downing heroic mode fights and preparing for the expansion. You're invited to come on over and join in the fun.

Planetside 2 is trying to revive their weekly ops after a past update that caused many to have errors and frame-rate drops. With a little help from the PSC Invasion and some dedicated members who refused to let the subdivision die, they are now seeing good numbers again at events and everyone is encouraged to come out and play some PS2. It’s a free game so even if you’re not part of the division, you’re welcome to get the game and come check it out.

If you missed the news back in March, CoD4 is back! There’s a Welcome Back Roll Call thread in the forums to help leadership learn how many eGO members are still playing CoD4. If you play and have not already, head on over and fill out the roll call. Check out the rest of their forums to see what’s happening such as regular weekly events. The server is now also running Promod.

As guest reporter St0rmy alerted us in last month's newsletter, we also have a new Garry's Mod TTT server, led by Advisor Drew-X. eGO members from across our divisions coming together to enjoy some GMod action. The new Garry's Mod Server IP is 174.36.42.207:27016.

OP:X Division also includes Insurgency 2, ARMA, DOTA 2, and League of Legends. Check out the OP:X General Forums for other games that members are playing and join in the fun. Have a game you’d like to see added to OP:X Division? There’s even a thread for suggesting that.

Here's to a fun summer for OP:X gaming!

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265540"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
You guys made a great newsletter!

If anything major comes up for the Op:X Division, I'll be sure to get a hold of one of you and see if I can contribute again.

Love,

Stormy

P.S. I sent my curriculum vitae to Ill Legend several weeks ago, but it looks like he may have lost it. I have attached a new copy for your records.

 
Last edited:
Good read. Nice to see the spotlight on Drew-X. The man really deserves everything he has received, and the TTT server is excellent, and I don't say that too much about Gmod servers. There's a reason I even switched to OP-X myself.
 
Better then the Washington Post, New York Times and all the liberal press combined
 
Glad you all are enjoying it. Look for my article in next month's issue...I wrote another article in the Guns and Grenades series, so you can see how yet another weapon has helped shape world history and how it has affected you and your games. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top