Egypt, Payload, and Valve Maps

Caelestis

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 8, 2011
Messages
2,320
All right, everyone; gather around.

We knew this time was coming. Much like an aging pet that is chronically suffering, it is time to put down Valve Maps. Its time in the sun has come and gone. It no longer is the draw that it once was, either from inside the division or outside. We cannot continue to justify expending money on an unused server.

Payload is about to change. The question is: to what? Very soon, Leadership will be presenting a list of options for your selection. As it is, Payload is untenable and will change. Just be certain that you are tuned in for when that poll is presented.

Lastly, calling all eGOptians! Whether you've been on an MvM kick, playing Warframe, or just plain gone, you need to know that Egypt was pulled from the chopping block today. However, there is absolutely no guarantee that it will stay that way if you regulars do not ensure it is adequately filled. The surest guarantee you have of losing Egypt is apathy. Don't let that happen! Get in there when you can, lest the treasures in the sands be lost forever. This is all about what you can do for your favorite server.
 
R.I.P. Valve Maps, I never really played on valve maps but I know it will be missed. As for Egypt it will always be my favorite server and stay a server for as long as possible.
 
R.I.P Volvo maps.. poor kazoo.. i can't start to imagine how painful it must be for her..

May you guys save egypt as well.
 
(tears) Not valve maps! (tears) Oh valve maps if you ever were not empty I would have played you so often. (tears)
 
Yup TF2 vacation is over, go fill egypt or it will disappear!

Also VM was doing better prior to the changes that were made to it imo. Kazoo is going to need a new home.
 
We're playing on Valve Maps tonight since it's its final night. If you're online, stop by.

Tomorrow eGOptians, we must fill Egypt!
 
Rescue a egypt server program is in effect!

Also let us all mourn the loss of 2 great servers.
 
Even though im a Hightower lover, all efforts will be devoted to egypt... And we shall see

43376353.jpg
 
So basically our leaders said they're going to take our toys away unless we play with them? Sounds messed up to me but I guess that's why I don't make the decisions. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Hmmmmm.... I don't want to sound evil but I kind of want to purposely play on the non-Egypt servers just so it will get replaced with something better.

Am I an awful person?
 
Valve Maps won't be leaving lonely and forgotten. For the past two hours, the server has been filled and lively.

CEF0D2C534CAB7F896162F1FCDA6EC264A378661


1A15D70D1B7549E9418CF3F8B2A28E62629664FB


Rest in Peace, Valve Maps. You were the server I called home when I was a pub and where I was recruited into eGO. I never wanted to be one to say it's time to retire Valve Maps, but it was time.


​
 
Aww makes me sad, especially since I didn't get to stay long with you all to say farewell to our beloved Valve Maps.

Sent from my Paper Cups using String.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top