Egypt, Payload, and Valve Maps

Rant time.

I gotta admit- it's a bit frustrating to see PL and VM go... I mean, I don't ONLY want to play harvest, or ONLY play foundry. While they're fun maps, variety is good! I want to play on Special delivery, or process, or standin. I want to play on nucleus, well, that other payload race map I can't quite remember the name of at the moment, and all the other CP, KOTH, PL, and CTF maps that aren't currently in the 24/7 lineup.


Why? Why do people have to leave the server as soon as a map changes? It happens even on 24/7 servers.

"We're are now departing from dustbowl, ladies and gentlemen. We will shortly be ariving in dustbowl."

"I don't think I can handle this server-decided map end! I NEED TO GO FIND A DIFFERENT SERVER RUNNING DUST BOWL."

I've seen this problem in any and every game I've played. In killing floor, for instance, me and Suspicious Pizza try to find a server with people on it, but ANY server with people on it is in the final three waves. In Counterstrike, "OH NO THIS MAP ISN'T OFFICE OR DUST2 THEREFORE I MUST LEAVE". It's a huge, HUGE problem in my opinion which, unfortunately, does not seem to have an answer...
 
Toki, I don't know about other people, but for me, when I see the map change, I actually stop playing and think about other stuff. Usually, it's time for me to get off or I've been playing too long. There's also the reason that changing maps seems to take longer to load than joining one.
 
Eh, regardless of everyone's reasons for leaving, I really wish they would decide on leaving at some point in the middle of the round. That way, things like this wouldn't be nearly as big of a problem. *sigh*

Man, I hate saying this, but anyone know what a good place to play map rotation in TF2 is? I'm not going to leave you guys, no no. I just need a bit of variety in my system.
 
Toki, I don't know about other people, but for me, when I see the map change, I actually stop playing and think about other stuff. Usually, it's time for me to get off or I've been playing too long. There's also the reason that changing maps seems to take longer to load than joining one.

Usually if I've been playing for awhile a map "change" is the time I go and take a break. I dont think im the only one on the 24/7 servers. On the valve maps, id stick around cause it was a new map and the server "changes" more frequently.
 
I think a Badwater, Upward, Egypt rotation might work. If it rotates fast enough (one offense, one defense, then switch on the Payload maps). Egypt has a couple levels so it would be up proportionally longer.
 
I think a Badwater, Upward, Egypt rotation might work. If it rotates fast enough (one offense, one defense, then switch on the Payload maps). Egypt has a couple levels so it would be up proportionally longer.

Or just Badwater and Upward.

I understand what you're saying but I mean.. we do already have an Egypt server :P plus, everyone loves Badwater and Upward c:
 
Or just Badwater and Upward.



I understand what you're saying but I mean.. we do already have an Egypt server :P plus, everyone loves Badwater and Upward c:


I think that's a great idea. Egypt (usually) has enough popularity to stand alone and if there was a badwater/upward server people might stick around longer.
Or maybe even just one of them 24/7.



Sent with my owl using howler
 
On a side note, guys, the May Filling Extravaganza is in fact over, so don't feel like you have to fill everything before going into Payload.

Sent from my anything using whatever
 
On a side note, guys, the May Filling Extravaganza is in fact over, so don't feel like you have to fill everything before going into Payload.

Sent from my anything using whatever

The reason that was a rule during the May Filling Extravaganza was because its the proper protocol of filling, and so our stable servers weren't sacrificed in exchange for a gamble. Keep in mind PL will be changing gameplay/maps possibly with an upcoming vote sooo I don't really push for filling it atm.

But that's just me.
 
I get sand in my shorts every time I go on Egypt..........the CHAFFFFFFFINGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!
 
I have a feeling that filling severs was to no longer be a priority or I probably misunderstood something. My only concern now comes to points. Some people don't care others do... filling servers and goofing around sadly bring a negative impact to said points. Anything that could be done in the future about this?
 
I have a feeling that filling severs was to no longer be a priority or I probably misunderstood something. My only concern now comes to points. Some people don't care others do... filling servers and goofing around sadly bring a negative impact to said points. Anything that could be done in the future about this?

Playing on a server for a long time should net you points. But, you know... WITHOUT idling.

Sent from my anything using whatever
 
I have a feeling that filling severs was to no longer be a priority or I probably misunderstood something. My only concern now comes to points. Some people don't care others do... filling servers and goofing around sadly bring a negative impact to said points. Anything that could be done in the future about this?
Filling servers should remain as a priority if you want to keep them all.

If you really care about your points, then I suggest playing on servers that are just filled and keep them from emptying out. Before, we could easily fill a server and it'd be fine. Now sometimes a server's population fluctuates after we leave the server to fill the next.

Aside from removing gameMe completely (which won't happen), I don't think there is anything that can be done to keep those points from dropping during silly fun times.
 
Aside from removing gameMe completely (which won't happen), I don't think there is anything that can be done to keep those points from dropping during silly fun times.

Other than just killing everyone anyway and getting grief for it, but when else am I going to be able to kill players with higher scores? :P
 
Back
Top