Who do you look up to?

Heh. Alpha and his Danger Shield...

Well, excuuuuuse me. It is holding back and protecting my face. What isnt there to like about that, hm? And fine, the only reason i change classes is if I am a spy and there are too many M1 Pyros around. That is just not fun to deal with. ;(
 
The person I look up to the most in TF2 is probably Gerbil, She spends alot of time making sure all the servers are full but she also spends alot of time in other division helping them fill their servers like CS:S and DoD etc.
 
The person I look up to the most in TF2 is probably Gerbil, She spends alot of time making sure all the servers are full but she also spends alot of time in other division helping them fill their servers like CS:S and DoD etc.

+1

I thought this was a 'look up to in game play' thread, but yeah, server filling is a thankless job (except now, though) so big ups to anyone, including Gerbil, Kazoo, etc, that make this happen on a regular basis.
 
Haha what I'm flattered >_> uuuh good god in general of people I look up to? Gee..

I have to do this by division..

OPX
Seablade-you have amazing knowledge of how to keep a gerbil alive, I beyond appreciate what you helped with me when everyone on steam was dead at 2am. You're also pretty good in CS, sometimes
Drew-magical kangaroo
Cyxx (was about to put you under CS damn it)-always fun to play jail with, wise and a real interesting piece of cyanide
Whoflungpoo-you gave me lots of advice when it came to switching divisions, and you never let anyone stop your awesomeness

CS
MGR (he might be opx now, whatever)-could always go to him with whatever weird requests I may have had in CS, and now he's just a hip terrorist

DoDS
Chuck-never known you really well, but damn you seem old with all your wisdom and you're always calm and know what to do
Prime-always willing to talk and make laugh
Mini-you kept me sane through many interesting times of jail, you're only bad sometimes :)

TF2
Kazoo-I've known you for awhile, you helped me far before I even considered joining TF2 and made me beyond welcome and answered all my silly TF2 questions and you continue to help me with everything like a year later
Goyan-gone to you for advice many many times, always been a good friend
Sanc-beyond wize and fun to talk to, great listener and pretty good stories

I'm missing people.. oh well
 
Last edited:
Gerbil said:
Sanc-beyond wize and fun to talk to, great listener and pretty good stories

Oh stoppit- but I am just glad you seem to have interpreted my inchoate rants as stories :P

In all seriousness I respect a lot of folks- not so much the likes of Mochi or Bob; they are scary, sure, but I really admire the folks that keep the servers and community running. Folks like Maserati, Gerbil, and our dynamic division leadership duo, Kaelestis and Cazoo.

I also have to mention the wondankerous people that are just a blast to play with. Explonaut, Razberri, and Frosty (among many others) are awesome folks to wear hats and frag with. Good games are nothing without good clanmates to fight and die alongside!


On a totally unrelated note, I am almost positive that Oniichan melted like the Wicked Witch of the West when he went to #2.
 
On a totally unrelated note, I am almost positive that Oniichan melted like the Wicked Witch of the West when he went to #2.[/QUOTE ]

You scared him off I guess. But recently I've found an interesting phenomenon.... A huge amount of the top 50's are playing on Foundry. Join us sometime, Sanc? I know you're a diehard eGOptian like myself, but... You'd be surprised by that server. I've made so many rivals/friends there that help me get better, and I know some people I'd love to see you to up against. dK.Lelouch, Hobominded, and this stupid guy nobody's ever heard of named Mochi... Anyway, if you're up for a challenge, I'd happily pocket you sometime. ;)
 
Last edited:
Who do I look up to? That's the toughest question I've had to answer in quite a while... I look up to so many of you. For different reasons:

Ang0ron - I am SOOO glad that I met you in AP English IV this October. Without you, I wouldn't have found eGO... Or all these people. I know we're going different places for College, but I hope I get to see you IRL again. Seriously, stop by Chili's again sometime.
Sanctified Aberration - I consider you an awesome friend AND a rival. You're beating me 45 doms to 0 right now, but... I'll get you soon. Promise.
Insomnia Princess - You've been my mentor through my short time here, and had a huge amount of confidence in me that has helped me to accomplish some awesome things.
Versed - You're an awesome guy, fun to talk to, and I really connect with you sometimes. Also, I can rant to you about Clementine without sounding weird. ;)
FifteenApollo6 - Thanks for sniper dueling me all the time. This summer, I'm gonna play you until one of us drops dead. Thanks for the compliments on my singing voice.
AndyGuy - Cool guy who scares the hell out of me with that caber. Have fun and all, but keep that thing out of my face.
Kazoo - Super nice and understanding. Treats me like a friend even though I've only known her for six months. Thanks for being so supportive when I snapped my wrist... It was so unexpected and nice. You rock!
Explonaut - My Kansas buddy with the ping to match. So fun to talk to, and a blast to pocket or play MvM with. One of the nicest guys I know.

Man, if this post wasn't already long enough, I'd thank you all... Razberri, Goje, Caelestis (#CaelFanClub), Puliping, Radio, Rawberry, Zombious, Canii, AlphaKnight, Frosty, Mitsubishi... There's just so many of you that helped me get to where I am today. I may just send you all a PM or something thanking you individually. Anyway, the point is that you're all awesome.

Yes, even Drew. ;)
 
Last edited:
Some people that have influenced me during my time here:

ToiletPastries - Probably not many remember, he taught one of my admin classes long long ago.
Mister Adam - A solid, fair admin as long as I've known him
Idol - For teaching that cake gets more delicious the more people you share it with
Quaffer - I've always been in awe of his way with words, his patience.
 
The reason why I named Gerbil is because she is a team player. You can't just name one player for their excellent play because without other players on their team they aint worth crap i.e. Sanctified & Radio. Also most other pubs are better because they like to program binds, configs or have ping lag. Like Idol said players have a pattern to play, and its figuring out the patterns of certain players that help you win. So I still tip my hat to Gerbil for being one of the best TEAM players in TF2 and I will always look up to her and learn from her sportmanship.
 
Hmm, this is a tough one. I'll just list a few, in no particular order.

1. Insomnia Princess. She's always friendly to the other players and helps get the servers filled.
2. Maserati. He's always fun to talk to (but I hate your minis. Sorry).
3. Seph. Whenever I get on teamspeak (which is less than I'd like, because of my work schedule), I always like to just chill with Seph.
4. Honorbound (Or Nix, I suppose. But I always read it as Nyx, like the god). One of the first people I played a lot with, and I always had a blast.
5. The Gerbs. Server filling is hard and she's tireless at it.
6. Crash and Drunkmetal, for all they do with the admin training (I'm sorry I haven't been doing any! I finally got my sound fixed only to get a promotion at work, which means I'm there way more than I'd like).
 
Also most other pubs are better because they like to program binds, configs or have ping lag.

Not to hijack the thread, but I don't get this. When i see another sniper jumping around and then he stops and shoots then starts jumping around again, I have figured out that this is most likely a bind - but this does not make the player a better player. It is a cheat, as far as i am concerned.
 
Who do i look up to....
Rawburt (berry?)
Oober
Sephiroth
Darksoul
Anyone who is good at sniping :P
anyone who regularly plays on Egypt (Fifteen, Explonaut, Benuc, Sanctified, Radio, etc.)

Who makes me play my best?
Anyone who dares go heavy-medic combo on Egypt
good snipers (Reno, Insomniac, Rawburt (berry?!?), Darksoul, Sephiroth, etc.)

Radio and Kazoo for the same reason
 
You can't just name one player for their excellent play because without other players on their team they aint worth crap i.e. Sanctified & Radio.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to say that.. I think both of them are great players and especially fun to play with. Plus, with Radio being medic so often, she helps the team a lot. I look up to both of them for all of the good times I've had while playing with them. :)

And thanks, Andy. I must say I admire your menacing caber.
 
Last edited:
I look up to potatoes too......

But I do look up "AT" not "TO" Frosty with that stupid Glitchtastic Market Gardner he wields

Glitchtastic: Until I am given the ability to curve my shots around a corner and kill someone behind a wall, a soldier or demo should not be able to move more then LATERALLY in the AIR.....
 
Last edited:
Not to hijack the thread, but I don't get this. When i see another sniper jumping around and then he stops and shoots then starts jumping around again, I have figured out that this is most likely a bind - but this does not make the player a better player. It is a cheat, as far as i am concerned.
People use binds for that? I just made it a habit for myself to always be in motion when I'm not scoped in. I use wasd and space, and I'm pretty sure others do it that way too.

But, it may be a bind.
 
yeah Nix just uses his wasd/spacebar aimbot hehe and he still can hit the broud side of a barn
 

Latest posts

Back
Top