Bad Company 2 It's the little things

Papa1960

Forum Fiend
Joined
Jun 3, 2012
Messages
742
Just fooling around yesterday and saw that I have 114+ days on eGO servers in the last three years. (Wow, has it been three years?) Yeah, that's about two hours, on average, of every 24 for the last three years. One of my son's friends asked me why I keep playing Heavy Metal, and I decided there were a lot of them:

getting Pass1ve Menis' tags;
killing H9 with a smoke grenade;
that first eight kill streak without using vehicles;
the perfect squad working together to defend B hill;
a headshot from A woods to the stationary AT gun at C;
games decided by less than 10 tickets;
tagging and downing a helo right after he's used smoke;
hiding behind the lines and spotting everyone as my team overwhelms B;
planting mines behind a tank, then repair tooling until he backs over them;
having a helo land to repair on a mine;
getting Nemesis pins;
sniper duels with Moridous;
flirting with Lionness;
flirting with Chew on Ventrilo/TeamSpeak while Spit takes my tags;
talking about how problems remind me of my ex;
explaining to my friend that I'm running late because it was a close game;
trying to figure out how Skagnatti remains so cool when I can't;
gunning for a pilot that likes to skim the ground at high speed, only to hit a rock and crash;
trying to hide where I am from the killcam;
getting Payback pins;
starting a game 0/5, but finishing 30/10;
going a full hour without having to issue a warning or kick;
server filling a CQB map and having a k/d above 1.0;
comebacks from 200 tickets down;
watching horsepucky on killlcam when he tries to shoot my mines, only to have them blow in his face and kill him.

What's your list?
 
Tanks and Choppers

What's your list?

All valid reasons!

Mine is a short list...

  • I love being called a hacker because the AT4 is guided
  • Joining mid game to a team of Blind One Eyed Hill Monkeys
  • I love spotting a Hill Monkey and watching all the tracers head their way
  • Here is one I haven't done in a while... dart a Hill Monkey and RPG them. "Giggle Giggle":lol:
  • Dropping mines next to the tanks and then tossing a hand grenade at the mines. (safer than repair tool)
  • The rare instance when my AT4 takes the door gunner out of the BH and doesn't hurt the BH

Honestly, I love harassing tanks and choppers :w00t:
 
Oops, forgot one!

  • The warm fuzzy feeling I get when I AT4 a runaway jeep on the other side of the valley!
 
Papa, I wasn't aware we were dueling. Next time I will go easier on you so you don't look bad! :P
 
being on the losing team and still getting a high score

being on the losing team as US by C with Funk and Nonlocalist - medic, engineer and recon keeping each other alive even though we're losing - badly

coming around the corner in any map on the Conquest Rotation server and 40mm shotgunning someone in the chest

Funk and myself in the same tank = [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MVonyVSQoM"]The A-Team[/ame]

making sub say, "You hacker!" or "That's not Skag. Skags deaaaaad."

when H9 jumps in game and everyone on the other team hides

Music needling me with his damn SVU from half the map away ( I can ALWAYS tell it's him )

Chew screaming in TS when she gets killed

Chew telling Banana after killing him, "You like that?!" <-- THAT WAS EPIC! XD
 
Being part of Skagnatti's Pit Crew - We played one night Skag was the tank driver with another guy as gunner and me and another guy were following them in the jeep repairing as we went across.

Knocking pilots out of hovering choppers

Sneaking up on other snipers

Going the whole way across the map undetected

Coming back from a 200 plus ticket loss to win the game

Jihad jeeps

Theres more that i can think of but ill start with these
 
Chatting with y'all in Vent / TS. Especially when Chew dies. lol

Killing Lemigs for the first time (after many deaths by him lol)

Getting Moridous tags

Earning admin privileges

Talking like Austrians on TS with rudemood. (side note, he hasn't logged on since 6/9..... no word at all.....)

Playing a perfect game!

Finally hitting a helo with an AT4

Spawn in to a losing team, only to help motivate them to take the lead and win!

Learning to fly the helos

Ah... that barely scratches surface!

That's not Skag! Skag's dead!
 
being on the losing team and still getting a high score

being on the losing team as US by C with Funk and Nonlocalist - medic, engineer and recon keeping each other alive even though we're losing - badly

coming around the corner in any map on the Conquest Rotation server and 40mm shotgunning someone in the chest

Funk and myself in the same tank = The A-Team

making sub say, "You hacker!" or "That's not Skag. Skags deaaaaad."

when H9 jumps in game and everyone on the other team hides

Music needling me with his damn SVU from half the map away ( I can ALWAYS tell it's him )

Chew screaming in TS when she gets killed

Chew telling Banana after killing him, "You like that?!" <-- THAT WAS EPIC! XD

Jesus that was as looooon round stretching it out!!! BUT oh so much fun!!! Aaahhh... that made me feel nostalgic!

Shooting Papa in the face with my shotgun and hearing him complain about how shotguns suck is fun too!


Lately Gunner duels with Skag both flying in our respective team's attack choppers made for a lot of fun haha. And started loving the defend b hill drill with Funk was it last night or two nights ago?

One thing i really love, would be taking a few rockets from Handsome1 just to knife him once. Yes, that makes me feel good.
 
Last edited:
Getting sub's tags....I can move on to the afterlife in peace.....although getting Banana's, Horse Pucky's, and Devil Dog's tags would sweeten the deal.....

Supporting my Team, irregardless of my K/D Ratio, winning or not.

Playing on the servers with everybody behaving.

Telling sub to calm down when he starts ranting......actually kind of entertaining.

Downing the Hind with the C Stationary AT4 when he is hovering over the RUS primary....and shooting at my team at A and B.....I think that was Sub too........PRICELESS!
 
Killing Papa and Horse as they run laterally to me with a sniper rifle
Getting a nemesis pin with a sniper rifle on banana as banana and H9 both try to kill me with sniper rifles
First shot kill on distant helos with tanks and at4's
Road killing passive menis
Running over Papa with transport helos
Parking a hind on a windmill
"Hello More-E-Deuce!"
"It is a hut burner!"
Hunting chew
Hearing chew after I kill her
Having that guy on my squad who shows me I am not the only one who knows how to sneak and hide
MENNIS IN A LAND KRAKEN I SHOULD HAVE TAKEN SS
Repeatedly abusing the players incapable of learning from their mistakes
People who attempt to run me over when I am an engineer
500 point sniper shots on people hiding on windmills
Running over people who hide on top of windmills
Shooting greedy people who try to knife me
Extreme rare miracle at4 shots on targets that slip out of line of sight
Sniping at mines as the player is laying them
The rare actually close game
respectful players
Camped in a good spot and people bring me ammo
1 m95 bullet kills 3 people (2 headshots, 1 non)
occasionally sniping people out of helos
extremely rarely getting the head shot on a jeep driver
killing the gunner in the apache (never the havoc) with the at4 and the pilot flies away, feeling cheated
Getting a knife kill while we are both parachuting to the ground
 
Last edited:
1. logging in to see what team is down and completely changing the game
2. at4
3. getting called a haxor :P
 
Back
Top