- Joined
- Jan 6, 2010
- Messages
- 1,096
Fair Warning there is a lot to read.
Almost 5 years but actually 4 years of eGO but honestly only about 2 years of activity from myself has shown me a lot. Joining Edge Gamers literally ON my 13th birthday, and I'm about to enter my senior year of high school. School has been hectic every year and computer problems are significant which has lead to really my 2 to 3 years of activity. Starting as an 8th grader in eGO I've had my fair share of spite being originally from the Call of Duty Division and being a younger member but that's built me up to where I am today and eGO has molded me wonderfully.
Joining the CoD Division at the age of 13 was a difficult task as being young on a game that supports a much more mature audience and an audience that is highly critical can be unwelcoming. I learned a lot about myself in the two-three years of being apart of CoD as an e and being slandered and slapped around unable to do anything to stop them is demeaning but I never let that get to me. Once I got my eG through my friends literally daring CoD leadership to promote me, I stuck my heels in for the long haul. Sitting in server, seeding, never idling if I could help it, I did my best to keep the servers clean.
As a soon to be senior I'll be first chair of my section for my band, the largest band in San Antonio area of Texas as well as the Vice President of my Debate team. My previous years of my high school career has been blessed with Class President for Freshman and Sophomore year. Student Council member my freshman year. Treasurer for Debate Sophomore and Junior year. During these times I've come in and out of eGO's servers and community checking in and helping out where I've been needed.
My time in eGO has shown wonderful times and hard times. With Call of Duty losing it's life I struggled with a few others to get our rankings back to where they should belong and had some success before it slowly failed as less people remained active. In the end I did too lose faith and jumped onto a different wagon, Minecraft. I have seen some people come and go in the MC Division and it's been a wonderful time. Being an EC for about 3 to 4 months before my computer went kaplut and life got hectic with a multitudinous amount of tournaments back to back to back, and now being an AT for MC has been wonderful.
As a regular member of Minecraft I joined the division as an eG making events for the EC team for about a month. Various events such as PvP arenas, racetracks, some adjustments an ideas littered my head for already existed events. Once I became an eGO I jumped to become an EC. I was able to be a full EC after another month and I was on my way. This started quite a bit of confidence and has helped me succeed exceedingly in reality. The mentality that eGO has installed since I was a young teen, has lived and continued through my life and has greatly made a difference.
Every time I have came back once my cpu is working and life is fine, I've always have found my friends and have made new ones all the time. As college comes looming ahead for me eGO is definitely a community I'd love to see around when I start having a family of my own. As we can see quite a few families have been started with eGO around it and that has made me significantly happy to see.
The purpose of me writing my story of eGO is simple, I wanted to share it to everyone and say it where anyone can read it. I am a product of eGO and I'm happy that I joined when I did. So many people I've made friends with have helped me and have given me solid advice. I've hung out with other of my family members and their communities but none have been as welcoming and fun-loving as eGO. I hope others will share their stories in this thread and call themselves Products of eGO as well. I know there's a thread about how you got into eGO but I think the stories of members after they joined andhow eGO has affected their life is such a valuable story to hear.
Almost 5 years but actually 4 years of eGO but honestly only about 2 years of activity from myself has shown me a lot. Joining Edge Gamers literally ON my 13th birthday, and I'm about to enter my senior year of high school. School has been hectic every year and computer problems are significant which has lead to really my 2 to 3 years of activity. Starting as an 8th grader in eGO I've had my fair share of spite being originally from the Call of Duty Division and being a younger member but that's built me up to where I am today and eGO has molded me wonderfully.
Joining the CoD Division at the age of 13 was a difficult task as being young on a game that supports a much more mature audience and an audience that is highly critical can be unwelcoming. I learned a lot about myself in the two-three years of being apart of CoD as an e and being slandered and slapped around unable to do anything to stop them is demeaning but I never let that get to me. Once I got my eG through my friends literally daring CoD leadership to promote me, I stuck my heels in for the long haul. Sitting in server, seeding, never idling if I could help it, I did my best to keep the servers clean.
As a soon to be senior I'll be first chair of my section for my band, the largest band in San Antonio area of Texas as well as the Vice President of my Debate team. My previous years of my high school career has been blessed with Class President for Freshman and Sophomore year. Student Council member my freshman year. Treasurer for Debate Sophomore and Junior year. During these times I've come in and out of eGO's servers and community checking in and helping out where I've been needed.
My time in eGO has shown wonderful times and hard times. With Call of Duty losing it's life I struggled with a few others to get our rankings back to where they should belong and had some success before it slowly failed as less people remained active. In the end I did too lose faith and jumped onto a different wagon, Minecraft. I have seen some people come and go in the MC Division and it's been a wonderful time. Being an EC for about 3 to 4 months before my computer went kaplut and life got hectic with a multitudinous amount of tournaments back to back to back, and now being an AT for MC has been wonderful.
As a regular member of Minecraft I joined the division as an eG making events for the EC team for about a month. Various events such as PvP arenas, racetracks, some adjustments an ideas littered my head for already existed events. Once I became an eGO I jumped to become an EC. I was able to be a full EC after another month and I was on my way. This started quite a bit of confidence and has helped me succeed exceedingly in reality. The mentality that eGO has installed since I was a young teen, has lived and continued through my life and has greatly made a difference.
Every time I have came back once my cpu is working and life is fine, I've always have found my friends and have made new ones all the time. As college comes looming ahead for me eGO is definitely a community I'd love to see around when I start having a family of my own. As we can see quite a few families have been started with eGO around it and that has made me significantly happy to see.
The purpose of me writing my story of eGO is simple, I wanted to share it to everyone and say it where anyone can read it. I am a product of eGO and I'm happy that I joined when I did. So many people I've made friends with have helped me and have given me solid advice. I've hung out with other of my family members and their communities but none have been as welcoming and fun-loving as eGO. I hope others will share their stories in this thread and call themselves Products of eGO as well. I know there's a thread about how you got into eGO but I think the stories of members after they joined andhow eGO has affected their life is such a valuable story to hear.










