bots?

Aiki

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
957
hey i know how to access the console for maps. but sometimes i want to play solo and kill some bots... i can get them in-game but theyre stuck in spectator and i cant figure how to get them in game and on different teams... give me some info if u have the same problem or have solution. thanks ;)
 
i dont like bots, its like a cheap way to get up the rankings, if it even counts
 
no i set stats off when i play bots or i disconnect the internet and go tf2 solo
 
I don't think the bots will do much more than joining the spectator team. As far as I know Valve won't be updating them. I tried to make my own server with bots the moment the game was unlocked on Steam, as it was late and I wanted to check everything out first before facing real players. It was for the best in the end, as I picked up the gameplay pretty quickly and bots would only serve the purpose of getting the right arc for the syringe gun or lobbing bombs.
 
yeah... its crazy u can use bots in cs:s but not tf2... what are they thinking!
 
They really only made the bots for the commentary mode of TF2, where they show you all the characters and whatnot.
I don't think they ever intended them to have some sort of AI where you could play against them.
 
I would think that using an admin plugin you could force them onto a team in the same way you can for DOD:S
 
Well iono, TF2 requires a lot of teamwork and cooperation, and has multiple classes. It'd be very difficult to program effective AI for this. Like in CS there's only really one type of player, and the objectives are simpler to execute. Not here, though. I don't blame them for not including bots.
 
http://tf2wiki.net/wiki/Bots

that should get you what you need to get one in and on a team and selected a class

seems like the most efficient thing you can do is have it mimic your every move....

how good are you at killing yourself in a mirror? lol
 
No BOTS, never! That will never happen here in eGO. Wouldn't you rather play with people that can think or computer with pre-programed moves?

It MAY sound good somewhere else but not in our servers.
 
im sorry... am i not allowed to use bots at all. in a lan server... its for me and my friend were gonna go solo to hang out.
 
Back
Top