Looking for a new SP game

Angoron

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
226
I am looking for, nay, NEEDING a new game to take up my Single Player game time. I've beaten Deus ex, Deus Ex:Human Revolution, Sleeping dogs, Skyrim, Oblivion, half of Morrowind, Hitman: Absolution, Saint's Row 3, Fallout New Vegas, Fallout 3, Half life 1-2.5, Batman Arkham City, Assassins creed 1-3, and BioShock, among others.

My dearest internet friendos, I NEED A NEW GAME! I need to explore new places! Find their secrets! Advance my character! Be challenged by, and ultimately overcome, great enemies! (Basically I need something to tide me over until the next Elder Scrolls)

Any games you recommend?
 
What kind of games do you like? For example, story-based or more sandbox-like?
I have some in mind, but not sure wheter you'd like them or not.
 
What kind of games do you like? For example, story-based or more sandbox-like?
I have some in mind, but not sure wheter you'd like them or not.

See, I like both. I played Human Revolution, which was story based, but I loved it. I also played Sleeping dogs, which was "Open World", but really had nothing to do besides the story, which was amazing.

I value story above open-world, but if an open world game has an incredible story, I'm sold.

Replayability is important too.

But shoot me all your possibilities! I'll look through them :D
 
Gunpoint.

It's a cheap 8-bit style indie game with an amazing noir soundtrack and a complex story in which you play the role of Richard Conway, a freelance spy with technologically advanced pants that allow you to jump great heights in order to break into buildings in a world where all firearms are illegal. I bought it over a year ago mostly for the TF2 promotional item you get, then decided to try it out; ended up getting so hooked I beat it in around 3 hours of non-stop playing.

I highly recommend it, you should take a look. It's probably my second favorite game.
 
Gunpoint.

It's a cheap 8-bit style indie game with an amazing noir soundtrack and a complex story in which you play the role of Richard Conway, a freelance spy with technologically advanced pants that allow you to jump great heights in order to break into buildings in a world where all firearms are illegal. I bought it over a year ago mostly for the TF2 promotional item you get, then decided to try it out; ended up getting so hooked I beat it in around 3 hours of non-stop playing.

I highly recommend it, you should take a look. It's probably my second favorite game.

Dat Soundtrack tho. Looks good man, Puzzle games are fun :) I'll add it to my list.
 
I recommend getting saints row 4.
It's really good

Borderlands 2 is also quite good
 
Last edited:
I recommend getting saints row 4.
It's really good

Borderlands 2 is also quite good

I am trying to get into borderlands 2 but the real lack of the story is off putting.
But what am I saying?! BL2 is all about those sweet guns :D
 
Dark Souls I hear will keep you busy, but be ready to die many many times.

Watch Dogs was cool, some people liked it others hated it.

Metal Gear Rising was also good.

Devil May Cry dMc was a lot of fun, its a hack/slash.

Shovel Knight seems to also be popular with the kids these days. lol
 

I'd say pick from any of these. And I would add FTL there too. All awesome games.

Antichamber you can easily beat in a day if you don't find yourself get stuck too badly, but it's one of those games you play through once for the experience. It messes with your head and thinking which is just fantastic!

On a similar note, The Stanley Parable makes you think about what you do to beat the game. It'll take a bit to go through all the variations and endings and is a great experience as well.

I'd probably play through one of those first or both, and then think about FTL or Risk of Rain. Both of them are roque-like games with random generation and unlockables as you progress through the game. From the two I prefer FTL, but both are awesome.
 
I'd say pick from any of these. And I would add FTL there too. All awesome games.

Antichamber you can easily beat in a day if you don't find yourself get stuck too badly, but it's one of those games you play through once for the experience. It messes with your head and thinking which is just fantastic!

On a similar note, The Stanley Parable makes you think about what you do to beat the game. It'll take a bit to go through all the variations and endings and is a great experience as well.

I'd probably play through one of those first or both, and then think about FTL or Risk of Rain. Both of them are roque-like games with random generation and unlockables as you progress through the game. From the two I prefer FTL, but both are awesome.

I have beaten Anitchamber; It was a bit of a mind screw, but it was refreshing.
I also have played stanley parable :P It was rather short, though.
 
Dark Souls I hear will keep you busy, but be ready to die many many times.

Watch Dogs was cool, some people liked it others hated it.

Metal Gear Rising was also good.

Devil May Cry dMc was a lot of fun, its a hack/slash.

Shovel Knight seems to also be popular with the kids these days. lol

I'm looking at shovel knight, since I beat Rogue legacy and really had a blast with that. The game looks nice and platform-y :)

Watch dogs is kinda stuck between being a copy and paste "Open World" game, by ubisoft, and a Deus Ex game. Which is SUPER strange. I'm waiting for a price drop before trying it. I Do have Dark souls, but as I said, I just cannot use a controller anymore, for anything besides SSBB.
 
Hhmph. I was gonna say that. Anyway...
From my games, I recommend (in no specific order):
Portal
Portal 2 (There's also a great Portal 2 Mod by the name of Aperture Tag.)
Risk of Rain
Thief
Dishonored
Antichamber
Don't Starve
FEZ (Fezzes are cool.)
Jazzpunk
Papers, Please
The Stanley Parable

Whoa. I've heard of all of those, but I haven't played RoR, Thief, or Jazzpunk. I'll have to give them a look. The rest I've played before, and was pretty happy with. Papers, Please was oddly compelling :/
 
I'd recommend finishing all of Morrowind. To date it's still the best elder scrolls game that I have played and I love it.
 
AC Revelations? I've also heard a lot about Gods Will Be Watching.

edit: Q.U.B.E is a good puzzle game, and Final Fantasy is always good.

Also, you could get Pokemon on an emulator so there's that too.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top