Battlefield 4 BF4 Hardcore Server?

Would you play on our BF4 hardcore server if we had one?

  • Heck ya!

    Points: 17 60.7%
  • NOPE!

    Points: 11 39.3%

  • Total voters
    28

FireBlade74

Poster
Joined
Jul 30, 2011
Messages
116
I know I don't come around often, but I play plenty. The problem is I don't come around because I don't like normal mode...... Why do we have 3 normal mode servers and no hardcore servers?

All I want is a hardcore conquest server that plays all expansions and if possible has fast vehicle respawn. These servers are almost always full during normal gaming hours.

I'm putting a poll up to see if people here would even use it. I can't be the only one that likes hardcore!
 
I know I don't come around often, but I play plenty. The problem is I don't come around because I don't like normal mode...... Why do we have 3 normal mode servers and no hardcore servers?

All I want is a hardcore conquest server that plays all expansions and if possible has fast vehicle respawn. These servers are almost always full during normal gaming hours.

I'm putting a poll up to see if people here would even use it. I can't be the only one that likes hardcore!
We used to have one, but it was hard to fill. The only way we'll get a new one is more recuits, so we all better get to work!
 
I would love to have one but unfortunately it is not at popular as normal. So that does make it hard to fill. That's our problem.
 
I mean I'm not enthusiastically for or hatefully against the idea (like your poll options sound), but idc either way. I'd play on it like I do all of our servers
 
In the past we have had hardcore servers that the community wanted. They would do great for the first week or so, and then slowly drop off. And then would come the daunting task of changing the server to something that stuck with our members and the gaming community.

Right now all 4 servers are doing great, changing one out for HC might damage its popularity and then we will be back at square one all over again.

As some people said, recruits is what gets us more servers. The higher ups want to see numbers (recruits) and once we have established ourselves and shown we can do it, then there wont be a problem. This division has been doing great in the past months, but prior to that, we were in a slump. So we still have to show that we can keep our recruiting numbers up and server popularity going.

Hope that answers your question.
 
In the past we have had hardcore servers that the community wanted. They would do great for the first week or so, and then slowly drop off. And then would come the daunting task of changing the server to something that stuck with our members and the gaming community.

Right now all 4 servers are doing great, changing one out for HC might damage its popularity and then we will be back at square one all over again.

As some people said, recruits is what gets us more servers. The higher ups want to see numbers (recruits) and once we have established ourselves and shown we can do it, then there wont be a problem. This division has been doing great in the past months, but prior to that, we were in a slump. So we still have to show that we can keep our recruiting numbers up and server popularity going.

Hope that answers your question.

While all that make sense, you need to understand that our current members were most likely recruited on our normal mode servers meaning that is the mode they like to play. It totally makes sense that the current eGO members that play any version of battlefield like normal mode servers as that is what we have supported in the past the most vigorously.

It is difficult to recruit players on other hardcore servers as they are typically clan owned and most clans take kindly to that. It obviously is also hard to recruit hardcore players if we don't even own a hardcore server.........what is the incentive for them to join? Most hardcore players despise normal mode and vise versa. It's a catch-22.

To support a hardcore server, the first thing you have to do is have a hardcore server that is set up with options that get people to come, you can't just set up a vanilla server and expect people to add it to their favorites, there are tons of those that people already have in their favorites. The options that I like and seem to always keep the servers full that I play on are:
1. Allow spectate - helps keep hackers off somewhat and at least gives players the ability to record hackers and submit
3. Vehicle only maps - this isn't 100% necessary, but getting rid of maps like metro and other tunnel style maps seems to be key. When those maps come up people always complain on the servers I play on. They like the more open style maps that don't force people through small easily defended areas.
2. Fast vehicle respawn - some people love vehicles and can't stand waiting forever. At least if you have fast respawn and they miss it, they don't get totally frustrated.
3. Conquest with all expansions
4. No mode switching.......this seems to drive people crazy. They come in to play conquest and all of sudden it is something different.
5. Map vote - this is helpful when the server is low on people. People vote for the most popular maps and this helps get others to come. Some maps are hated and if a server is low on people, chances are the few people on there aren't going to vote for the maps that are unpopular.

Step #2, which is the hard part because eGO members typically are normal mode players, is to hold aggressive recruitment drives on the newly setup server.

If we want a less stale Battlefield division we need a more diverse division that brings in more members. Just supporting normal mode players isn't going to get us there. We need to tap into other game types. Even if our Clan only supports normal mode tournaments you would see members join in giving us greater numbers.

That's all I got.......we can continue to be a normal mode battlefield division or we can diversify.
 
Ok let me add to some chime here.

Running a server is just like any other product or service, it all comes down to supply and demand. Currently the Battlefield 4 and 3 market is easily split in a 80 to 20 ratio, with 80% of the market playing normal, 10 % not caring and the other 10% playing hardcore. HC players are far outnumbered by normal players and HC players already have their favorites. That is the reason why among the top 100 servers, there are a very few HC servers and those have been there for a long time. The point of the matter is that HC is a very niche market for us and I think we are already way too late to the game to really capture of that anymore. The demand just isn’t there for us to field a HC server.

The leadership team will sit down and look at options for additional servers after the DICE event, we will make sure we look at HC as well. Until then as super said, recruiting is key, we have been doing exceptionally in the past little while and to continue that its important to keep bringing new members in eGO and keeping our current server base strong.

Thanks for your suggestion Fire, we will for sure look into it.

Regards

KCK
 
i love to play hardcore server :D how far the game is broken.... all mag only hitmarkers and no kill lol and all time spotted on minimap xD do not forget about death behind the wall hehe

pls hardcore!!!
 
I have to say I really miss having a HC server, I haven't played much on our servers because I have been playing on others that are hardcore. And just thinking out loud here, we are missing a large section of recruits; those who play on hardcore servers only.
 
Hardcore servers are fun but regs don't play them because well it's hard. Like dtmt said it's hard to recruit on those servers unless we have a really big population of our community that would like to join it would be kinda heartbreaking to see a eGO server sit empty for the majority of the day. I would love to play on a hardcore server but I can see the demand for regular servers versus the hardcore.
 
I see that the topic had died :( but I see a new server on domination :) maybe hardcore server only rush and max 48 players hmmm??? and i have one question... why eGo server don't have maps from dlc

sorry for my english :)

KuLA
 
I see that the topic had died :( but I see a new server on domination :) maybe hardcore server only rush and max 48 players hmmm??? and i have one question... why eGo server don't have maps from dlc

sorry for my english :)

KuLA

Yes! the matter of you English is not important however the idea is great I love hardcore rush and with DLC I think would be even better :)
 
Its our fun server guys....The event server turned into what ever our guys what to play on when there here. That's why its on a different map mode and you see people in it.....trying to find another Good fun time that we can extend for others to enjoy. I think that at least....other's might not.
 
Its our fun server guys....The event server turned into what ever our guys what to play on when there here. That's why its on a different map mode and you see people in it.....trying to find another Good fun time that we can extend for others to enjoy. I think that at least....other's might not.

I'm not saying that domination isn't fun... I'm just saying that we don't have a DLC server.
 
We have server "24/7 operation locker" maybe do it "24/7 operation locker/metro 2014" and.... mix mode "24/7 domination/rush" :) strange that on four servers, three are at conquest larg, no rush, team deathmatch, or carrier assault and chainlink
 
Back
Top