Italy Roof Glitch

Status
Not open for further replies.

dude3.0

Rookie
Joined
Jan 31, 2014
Messages
76
I am not sure if there is A thread about this already.... I have had numerous complaints from people the past several days about cts being shot through apt roofs in Italy map. It makes it impossible to rush apts if someone is spamming down through apt roofs with A para which someone usually is now. I myself find this unfair as well considering If Cts shoot up their bullets do not go through the apt roof. The amount of complaining about this lately has become tiresome because Admins are not allowed to say don't spam the roof. Hopefully someone can address this problem :) Ty.
 
I am not sure if there is A thread about this already.... I have had numerous complaints from people the past several days about cts being shot through apt roofs in Italy map. It makes it impossible to rush apts if someone is spamming down through apt roofs with A para which someone usually is now. I myself find this unfair as well considering If Cts shoot up their bullets do not go through the apt roof. The amount of complaining about this lately has become tiresome because Admins are not allowed to say don't spam the roof. Hopefully someone can address this problem :) Ty.

Players are perfectly allowed to spam the roof in the apartments in Italy, as this is a valid battle tactic. They don't have unlimited ammo, so they WILL run out if they do this. Also, the T's can only shoot in certain spots to hope CTs are there, as they can't see the CTs through the roof.

There is no need to admin for this situation, as it is no different than para-spraying anywhere else in apartments or the map. There are walls in the apartments that only shoot through from the CT side. ;)
 
Shooting down from roof of the apartments is a way for the T's to stop a rush from the CTs. It's been part of Italy since I started playing last year. Some regulars, who I no longer see on our servers, knew this strategy and exploited it to the fullest. Like Blaze said, it's not a situation that needs admining.

You can easily learn the spots of where not to stand and to walk when going through apartments. Like all "advantages" one side has, there is a weakness/way to get around said advantage.
 
Shooting down from roof of the apartments is a way for the T's to stop a rush from the CTs. It's been part of Italy since I started playing last year. Some regulars, who I no longer see on our servers, knew this strategy and exploited it to the fullest. Like Blaze said, it's not a situation that needs admining.

You can easily learn the spots of where not to stand and to walk when going through apartments. Like all "advantages" one side has, there is a weakness/way to get around said advantage.

Exactly. If you wanna talk about getting *rekt* on Italy, let's bring back the AWPs and auto-snipers. :P
 
It is unfair in terms of how the bullet penetration system works ( being that T's can shoot through from above, but you can't shoot through from below ) but there's nothing anyone can do except fix this bug, which I highly doubt Valve would pay much attention to, given they are somehow aware of it. A restriction on this behaviour probably wouldn't work and do much, only thing I can think of to do is somehow fix the bug in hammer by changing the texture/material the ceiling ( not roof ) of apartments is made of, so that wallbanging is equal from both sides, however you'd have to rename the map from cs_italy and therefore make everyone who plays the map download it again, which isn't a massive problem but all seems slightly unnecessary for such a small thing.
 
It is unfair in terms of how the bullet penetration system works ( being that T's can shoot through from above, but you can't shoot through from below ) but there's nothing anyone can do except fix this bug, which I highly doubt Valve would pay much attention to, given they are somehow aware of it. A restriction on this behaviour probably wouldn't work and do much, only thing I can think of to do is somehow fix the bug in hammer by changing the texture/material the ceiling ( not roof ) of apartments is made of, so that wallbanging is equal from both sides, however you'd have to rename the map from cs_italy and therefore make everyone who plays the map download it again, which isn't a massive problem but all seems slightly unnecessary for such a small thing.

Yeah, that's...not going to happen. :)
 
If you require to shoot thru a cheesy part of the map like that to get kills, you need some help....

its not a tactic, its ruining the game and more and more people are complaining about it every day. if you want to keep the integrity of this server or the edge servers i would like to see some thing done about this...
 
i suggest yall post a vote in the admin section and see what you admins think as a WHOLE ADMIN group decision and go from there
 
I don't know about you guys but there are at least 4 other ways to get to the hostages other than apartments. If someone is spamming from the roof with a para, the easiest thing to do is to select a different route. Double back and push up market or long instead. No one is forcing you to only push apartments. Also it's incredibly dumb pushing apartments considering the long narrow hall you have to push out of. People can use whatever style they want as long as it's not cheating.
 
i suggest yall post a vote in the admin section and see what you admins think as a WHOLE ADMIN group decision and go from there

Even if Leadership mulls it over, it won't be a "vote" so much as a mutual decision by the divisional leadership...and I promise you they aren't going to ban roof camping by T's or change the map.

If you are that worried about it, remember that you can easily kill roof campers from far side. Every strength has a weakness.
 
If you require to shoot thru a cheesy part of the map like that to get kills, you need some help....

its not a tactic, its ruining the game and more and more people are complaining about it every day. if you want to keep the integrity of this server or the edge servers i would like to see some thing done about this...
I honestly don't know what you're talking about, people complaining. I've been playing on Italy for over a year and I haven't seen many people say anything about it, other than to call out that someone is on "apartment roof". And, as Cheezy said, there are other avenues to either get to the hostages or kill the T's on Italy.

Yeah, sure, it's frustrating to be killed while going through apartments but you'll respawn the next round. And, like I stated previously, walking through apartments or avoiding the doorway where most people are killed (by waiting to make sure that no one is shooting down or running through that part) will ensure that you avoid the "glitch" and be able to peek out the doorway.
 
No admins should be issuing reprimands over a playing style.

Use the dropbox to voice your concerns if you truly believe this violates our policies.

Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top