TF2 Update

11am.

Edit: I wonder if they'll actually add multi-core support. A 3.0 Core 2 isn't all that hot when one of the cores is at 0% usage.
 
Yay, I like how their releasing bits and pieces, it allows for more variety and a chance to try the new maps one by one.
 
Have you actually tried running that mode Signe?

I have.

An ever so slight flicker to the screen that causes a headache over time, but fortunately the game rarely runs for more than 20 minutes without blue-screening or dumping to desktop. No, this game does not have multi-core support. It has an unsupported console command that doubles my framerate at the cost of any semblance of stability.
 
Lafin, mat_queue_mode is not it. Yes.. that causes all sorts of problems, and Valve says that you shouldn't use it on PCs. It's a CVAR used on consoles. host_thread_mode=1 enables multi-core support.
 
I had read host_thread_mode was a server/client setting that required both ends of the connection to be running the same. I'll have to poke around when I get off and see if that's wrong.

[blockquote]Refactored how lightmaps are downloaded to the graphics card at level load. On some hardware configurations this can lower level load times significantly[/blockquote]

That little bit interests me, my load times are insane.
 
It is required on both. We have another thread on the subject elsewhere. It's currently usable in ep2 and Portal where you're running both the client and the server, or in situations where a server has it running.

Enabling it locally won't do much good on our servers until it becomes default, because I'm positive that it's not enabled right now.
 
[quote1202951408=Signe]
It is required on both. We have another thread on the subject elsewhere. It's currently usable in ep2 and Portal where you're running both the client and the server, or in situations where a server has it running.

Enabling it locally won't do much good on our servers until it becomes default, because I'm positive that it's not enabled right now.
[/quote1202951408]

Ok, good. I'm glad I wasn't missing out all this time. Is there any reason to NOT enable it server side right now? Does it negatively affect people who don't have it enabled?
 
I think the main this is that they say it's still beta. It may crash. I've had it enabled client-side for a bit now, and I've noticed one or two little oddities. (A little bit of screen problems during death-cam pauses. Portions of the screen duplicate like they do when you catch a piece of no-render texture in your view.)
 
Reason why TF2 has so many problems and awesome updates, COUGH its only half the game :D valve thought that more than 9 years devolupement(sp?) time will kill us
 
Can't wait to see what those Dustbowl mods are. If they in any way balance out stage 2, I'm all for them.

Also, Badlands sounds cool.
 
[quote1202962868=Endiment]
Can't wait to see what those Dustbowl mods are. If they in any way balance out stage 2, I'm all for them.

Also, Badlands sounds cool.
[/quote1202962868]

Check out Gordon's link on page one. They're adding a straight route from attacker's spawn to the left path, so they can bypass the spam into the right path.
 
I can't wait for this update! Badlands sounds interesting. I hope there'll be an eGO server for it so I can play it more often.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top