7 Years with eGO - My Final Reflection

Spitfire'd

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Aug 27, 2007
Messages
2,235
Hello all,

Many of you will not know me and that is ok. I will introduce myself.

My name is Spitfire'd. I've been a member of eGO since 2007. I wanted to make one final post just to elaborate on what an incredible organization this is. I hope it inspires especially newer or younger members.

When I joined eGO in 2007, it was just Day of Defeat. Some top notch servers, a lively house system with in-house competitions and fun and it was great. I was a Sewer Rat, proud warrior and champion of the Kalt server. It's still my favorite DoD map to this date.

eGO has expanded more in the last 7 years than I think anyone could have imagined. They first added TF2, and even that was risky because no one had any idea if it would take off or not. Same thing happened when Counter-Strike was added. Many thought it would not work, the CS community was too immature and could not be tamed to follow the family friendly environment that eGO strove to put in place. However, eGO thrived and succeeded through this adversity. eGO endured and continued to grow.

More games, more divisions and great leadership are just a few of the things that have brought us to where we are today. Just as important are all of the members. Leadership and the admins have the tools to keep our servers punk free, but it's the members who set the atmosphere in our servers and make them friendly. Every member plays a role in the clan in that regard, and I hope you newer members see and understand that.

It's never been about being an admin. That is a great privilege, but the greater privilege is being a part of this great community, being the friendly "greeter" when a new player joins the servers, setting the tone for a fun and safe server together. That's what it is about.

I have many fond memories in my gaming with eGO. This clan will always be a home, and while inactive for some time I've always kept up with the website. Commenting here and there, shout boxing occasionally, and maybe even hopping in TS.

It's been a great seven years, and I cannot think of a better time to retire, so to speak. A day after my seven year mark. I am not quitting eGO, not by a long shot. This is a passing of the torch. I will continue to visit the website, and join eGO servers when playing games online. I'll look for other eGO members to play non-division games with, and I will continue to contribute to a positive atmosphere in all our games. I no longer wish to carry the rank of admin, as I have not needed or used it in a long time. For me, it's time to step back a little and let others use those tools in the name of family friendly gaming.

This is a great clan, the best on the internet, and I hope you all understand what it means to be a part of it and to carry on the proud eGO legacy. Thank you all for a great seven years, and here's to many many more.
 
A very nice read spitfire'd. Many of my good online friends have said they won't leave but are merely stepping back, yet I don't see any of them anymore, hopefully the same won't happen with you.

Unfortunately this year I was fixing my roof, digging the garden and then going on holiday so I missed my birthday post, I'll probably make one when I return. I too, have been quite inactive lately and my 7th post may be the same as yours.
 
It was always fun to go against the Sewer Rats, when we had houses.
And Spitfire'd, you were always fun to play with/against as you were a great DOD:S player.
Dbad & the Dam Busters will miss you mate!:biggrin_old:
 
a very nice read spitfire'd. Many of my good online friends have said they won't leave but are merely stepping back, yet i don't see any of them anymore, hopefully the same won't happen with you.

Unfortunately this year i was fixing my roof, digging the garden and then going on holiday so i missed my birthday post, i'll probably make one when i return. I too, have been quite inactive lately and my 7th post may be the same as yours.

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ shoutout or riot ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
 
From one ole' timer to another, it has been an awesome 7 years Spitfire.

Enjoy your retirement!
 
Hello all,

Many of you will not know me and that is ok. I will introduce myself.

My name is Spitfire'd. I've been a member of eGO since 2007. I wanted to make one final post just to elaborate on what an incredible organization this is. I hope it inspires especially newer or younger members.

When I joined eGO in 2007, it was just Day of Defeat. Some top notch servers, a lively house system with in-house competitions and fun and it was great. I was a Sewer Rat, proud warrior and champion of the Kalt server. It's still my favorite DoD map to this date.

eGO has expanded more in the last 7 years than I think anyone could have imagined. They first added TF2, and even that was risky because no one had any idea if it would take off or not. Same thing happened when Counter-Strike was added. Many thought it would not work, the CS community was too immature and could not be tamed to follow the family friendly environment that eGO strove to put in place. However, eGO thrived and succeeded through this adversity. eGO endured and continued to grow.

More games, more divisions and great leadership are just a few of the things that have brought us to where we are today. Just as important are all of the members. Leadership and the admins have the tools to keep our servers punk free, but it's the members who set the atmosphere in our servers and make them friendly. Every member plays a role in the clan in that regard, and I hope you newer members see and understand that.

It's never been about being an admin. That is a great privilege, but the greater privilege is being a part of this great community, being the friendly "greeter" when a new player joins the servers, setting the tone for a fun and safe server together. That's what it is about.

I have many fond memories in my gaming with eGO. This clan will always be a home, and while inactive for some time I've always kept up with the website. Commenting here and there, shout boxing occasionally, and maybe even hopping in TS.

It's been a great seven years, and I cannot think of a better time to retire, so to speak. A day after my seven year mark. I am not quitting eGO, not by a long shot. This is a passing of the torch. I will continue to visit the website, and join eGO servers when playing games online. I'll look for other eGO members to play non-division games with, and I will continue to contribute to a positive atmosphere in all our games. I no longer wish to carry the rank of admin, as I have not needed or used it in a long time. For me, it's time to step back a little and let others use those tools in the name of family friendly gaming.

This is a great clan, the best on the internet, and I hope you all understand what it means to be a part of it and to carry on the proud eGO legacy. Thank you all for a great seven years, and here's to many many more.

Stay until your 10 year mark <3
 
Still remember playing Kalt as a sewer rat, some great times there Spit, enjoy your retirement.
 
Its funny when I saw your name and recognized it, then i saw the title of the post and knew it was true! It has been a long time man! My 7th year anniversary comes in December but i remember your name that used to have that awesome [S/R] at the end of it. we had our house leaders, which the only one i remember off of the top of my head is methebutcher but i feel like everyone remembers him. lol and Solnalv was another good friend.

aww man good time! good to see a post from ya!

I remember when each division they added. they had to make a new website for it. haha i remember have all 3 open at once. DOD website, TF2 Website, and then CS:S/COD had to share one.
 
Last edited:
What a great post! I remember playing with you at least once, and it was some fun times.
 
Bloody fine post there, mate! (I'm not British btw xD) Always love to hang around the veterans and hope you have a great time in your future endeavors. I would play DOD:S, but I don't have the money to get it, lol.
 
Back
Top