Badlands engie exploit

Barlim

Rookie
Joined
Mar 9, 2008
Messages
88
A note of caution to you admins, a player just did this on the Badlands server, so I YouTubed it and found this way to get under the terrain (and lots of other places) in Badlands:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fYJRdjpSQg[/ame]

And another showcasing where else you can go:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a9fF-9qafY[/ame]

I'm sure this will spread fast until Valve gets notice, so watch out for it!

EDIT: I tried it out on a private server, and it looks like it's only possible from the Red side... if that info helps at all ?!

Morbid: If you catch anyone doing this, warn, then kick or ban if they keep doing it. (Only warn them once)
 
Nice find man! I used to get behind the fence in Dustbowl level 1 before a while ago. I don't anymore, but it's crazy the exploits there are!
 
Wow, thanks for the help!

Anyways, I'm not sure but I think it's already patched. All we can do is to hope it is.
 
[quote1203159076=Dλrw!N]
Anyways, I'm not sure but I think it's already patched. All we can do is to hope it is.
[/quote1203159076]

Nope, as I mentioned, I was able to do it on a private server, and I've seen two people banned for it on the badlands server this morning.
 
[quote1203159369=Barlim]
[quote1203159076=Dλrw!N]
Anyways, I'm not sure but I think it's already patched. All we can do is to hope it is.
[/quote1203159076]

Nope, as I mentioned, I was able to do it on a private server, and I've seen two people banned for it on the badlands server this morning.
[/quote1203159369]

This very morning? Oh, guess I was wrong...
 
Yea, someone told me this was happening on our server this morning, so chrisbliss banned them.
 
i kicked someone today cause he was exploiting i gave him a warning and he didnt listen so he didnt stop exploiting and i kicked him
 
thanks for youtubing this so all the admins can see =)

edit: why did u upload 2 videos of it? and i think ill be tempted to try this out >.<
 
This is very valuable info. I'm going to post in the Admin forum so they'll be sure not to miss it.
 
[quote1203189650=ƒuse]
thanks for youtubing this so all the admins can see =)

edit: why did u upload 2 videos of it? and i think ill be tempted to try this out >.<
[/quote1203189650]

Oh, heh, they aren't my videos, someone else made them.
 
I think I will try it out! On my own private server of course :)
 
Ok guys, I tested this out. This can ONLY be done on the Red side. The Blu side will not let you slip a teleporter.
 
that didnt took long to find exploits , im guessing some people must do this all day long (find exploits)
 
A little update on it in which I forgot to mention earlier. If you drop under the map, it is pretty easy to get stuck in the map by accident.
 
Screenshots have been sent to Kendle and he says that he will fix this exploit so this should not be an issue in a few days.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top