They start young these days...

[quote1203293795=Shatta]
That might have been the same kid that was on Convoy the other day. A couple people started asking how old the kid was and made mention that they should not be on the server. I just piped in on Voicechat asking the two guys to chillout. As far as I was concerned the kid was playing fine (bit chatty, but that is the nature of kids). They didn't say anything else after that and as far as I know everyone had a good game.
[/quote1203293795]

Her player name was Jiessa. I'm only guessing that it was a girl, judging by the name and that it really sounded like a girl, even for a young child. She was cute, though, and watching her while I was dead she was pretty good at running around as a scout and capping intel. Not great at getting kills, but can't blame a kid for that !lol

Bubbles: That's awful... it's my opinion that education is the only path to a better world, so seeing it stifled like that is sad to me. I'm sure you tried your best with the kids, though... you really gotta hand it to most teachers for trying.
 
I hate TV entirely.... unless it's comedy because then you know it's supposed to be a joke. TV sends out way too many stupid messages that A) cause children to grow up way too fast and B) Leave nothing to the imagination anymore, is barney still around?
 
I grew up watching action movies like Bloodsport and Kickboxer, Predator, The Running Man, and many more. I took a lot of stuff from that and it helped mold me into what I am today. I decided early on I wanna be the hero, I wanted to be a Power Ranger, the person that was respectful and everybody looked at and was like, the dudes cool.

Kids need to know it is ok to be themselves, they need to know what is right and wrong and I agree it is parents too. However, my parents are not the greatest in the world, no parents are. I grew up very poor and qualified for free lunch, I turned out fine. You as a person need to decide early on if your gonna be rude, hateful and mean.

Parents come into play and are to blame for a whole lot of whats wrong. That does not mean the kids are not partly to blame.

I wanted to be a Power Ranger, Superman, a Ninja Turtle, most of them today want to be <insert celebrity here>.

I also love having these discussion. Like I said Bubbles, if you fail those kids, the parents blame you and the school. It is one of the reasons my school pushed them forward. You teachers can only do so much, the kids have more power than you do these days. Heck a kid in Missouri sued a teacher for hitting him in the side of the head with one of those flimsy rolled up workbooks. She was fired because of it, because she did it to make him pay attention.

Teachers need better pay, better benefits, more say in what goes on in the school, and a whole lot more respect. Few of my more open teachers told me how they could not teach me some more advanced stuff, because the majority of the other students could not understand it. They also still had a special ed class for tons of those students who could not understand it.
 
Theres only one solution to all these crazy teenagers....military school!

Not really, although if it were required it would help with the manners/respect I believe, then again, some people just don't get the idea of manners and respect, helping people, ect.
 
Hey, Wartime, I also qualified for free lunch and ended up with a full academic scholarship to U.C. Berkeley, so I know what you mean. Here's the deal: How many kids are on lunch assistance programs is a standard measure of socioeconomic status of the school's student body. It's not a slam on the kids in that situation. Bubbles is used to teacher talk, so she used a measure teachers are familiar with. In this case, the school was in South Sacramento, a fairly nasty neighborhood. The key to her point was just that parents didn't care, and it showed.

Teachers aren't in it for the money or the benefits, though we should absolutely treat them better. It's about the kids, but teachers can't go it alone, and that's the key. Parents too often decide that instead of being part of the instructional team, it's all up to the school. You can pour as much money as you like into a given school and if the parents aren't involved, it will not matter. People are simply more important than money.
 
I've worked with a lot of financially disadvantaged kids. Many of them were wonderful and turned out to be great people. I think what I was trying to say was that when the kids come to school and are told one thing is appropriate by the teacher, and then go home and the parents undermine everything good we are trying to do because it is good, it really messes up the kids. Some parents do it merely because they are too proud to admit that they are wrong. No one should put their own ego over the well-being of their child.
 
You guys take my typing the wrong way, I need to discuss with more people over voice. My typing must seem rant like or angry.

I know you were not insulting the kids with free lunch. You did not think I mean that decide if your rude, mean, etc thing to you, did you? I meant that about the kids that are poor, like they have to decide. I was just trying to say that the kids also have a something to do with their personalities and their views.

I would not insult somebody or get angry hehe. I hardly ever get angry, I try to act like Snorlax the pokemon, sleep, eat, be lazy.

I will only get mad or angry if ya use the pokemon flute and wake me up while I am sleeping.
 
Man, should I not be up at this hour. Wartime, no you didn't come off as insulting--I think the worry was that we had, so we wanted to explain "teacher speak," and that statistical data apply to large groups, not individuals.
 
Naaa, you two are nice, I hear you in game. I know you are not the type to be that mean by the way you chat.

Besides, you don't have a pokemon flute, and thats a good thing.
 
Well we cant do anything about the parents letting the younguns play online, their only saving grace is if they find our servers. I personally dont have any children yet but if I did, I would not have a problem with letting them ONLY play on eGO servers.

What always pisses me off is the older crowd demeaning the younger ones and making fun of their voice. We actually have a couple of eGO's who are 12 to 14 and I had to tell a pub one day to shut the hell up and stop messing with my fellow clan member. I also told the jackass that even though he was only around 13 he was a hell of a lot more mature than he was.....needless to say he didnt say anything else.

Bottom line we pride ourselves in quality PEOPLE not game skills such as high KDR's and such. We stand out amongst our fellow clans in this regard because I truly believe we are a pearl amongst pieces of sand.

This is one of the best threads ive seen in a long time and thanks to everyone for contributing to it.
 
I think it's kinda cool, but you gotta be on your best admin game and keep your head on a swivel. As we say in racing; "pull the chinstrap tight, tuck down, and get in the zone".
 
I think, if you're 7, your parents will not allow you to play 16 games. So, b) why they started so yong. (ok, I'm 12, but...)
 
Although I'm not as old as some of our members, I enjoy feeling old when I realize the new generation of gamers is 10 years younger than I! But that keeps the game fun as longas we do our job to keep the servers clean.
 
My 2 cents... As parents MUST be aware of what kids are doing/playing over Internet. I have no problem with my kids playing video games, because I'm a gamer too, just after their obligations (school/home) Always keeping an eye on them.
 
I know which girl you are talking about barlim. I was in the server at the time. :) Ya she was pretty nice, very talky talky tho. lol but I dont hold that against her....
 
Yah, haha, reminds me, one time i was playin with djsatan and he let his 6 year old son i think it was play. It was funny. His son just went, "hey im djsatans son and i need help"
 
Back
Top