5 Years and Counting....

C7R35

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jul 27, 2010
Messages
2,574
Yep. My fifth year in the clan is slowly approaching and I thought I'd go ahead and tell you guys a little story about flamelauncher11.

October 2009.

I was venturing about the Insurgency Mod server list trying to find a populated server with low latency to enjoy a good hour of gaming on. I finally came across an eGO hosted server with 31/32 players on the map ins_buhriz, one of my favorites. I went ahead and hopped into the server and found out I hopped on during some sort of server filling event, as there were =(eGO)= ranked players EVERYWHERE. It was no surprise that within 15 minutes of being on said server, I was recruited into the eGO clan under the name "The <*(((><". I had just turned 13, so I was old enough to join without parental consent, though my Dad assisted me with applying anyway. My recruiter goes by the name of K1llzj0y, a player who no longer plays with us anymore. He and an old advisor from the INS division assisted me with getting to know members of the community!

Unfortunately, it wasn't even a year later when my Steam account got hacked. My parents' billing information was stolen, my games were lost, and we found ourselves in a financial crisis (my parents got me my first Steam account as a gift for good grades in school). I ended up mowing lawns to save up $20 to open another Steam account and buy a copy of Counter Strike: Source so I could reinstall Insurgency and hop back into eGO servers, and thus flamelauncher11 was born. Come to find out the INS division turned into Op: X, I decided to switch from INS to CS at the time, and found to enjoy it!

Of course, as new technologies come out, we tend to forget about the old ones and set them aside. About a year after my new account was made, I got an XBOX 360 Pro, my first ever gaming console aside from the old Playstation my dad got when I was little. I was attached to that thing like a baby and its teddy bear; I played every day for a couple more years when all of a sudden.... BOOM red ring of death and whatnot. I decided that spending another $200-$300 on an XBOX would be pointless, so last year (2013), I decided to build myself a gaming PC to play super intense high definition games of all sorts. I came across the eGO clan once again, looking through my old email address and seeing all of the unread eGO Newsletters that were being sent to me. I sat back and remembered all the fun times I had in Ventrilo with the INS division and all the events that were hosted in CS:S (remember zombie nights? Zombie night was the best night).

Nowadays, I serve proudly in the US Army while maintaining my active status with the community as a senior admin, Newsletter reporter, and News Team reporter. My former service in the PSC as a recruitment coordinator and in the CS division as an RC and CS Bro has got me really far in this clan, and I feel proud of myself for dedicating such time to help the community out. 5 years, while I may have not been active through all, has gone by really fast.

TL;DR or whatever the thing is.... I love you guys. :D

~flamelauncher11

oh btw i left out an 'honorable mentions' list because I always forget to add people and it bites me in the butt later on xD
 
ewww you started out in INS...gross
j/k congrats on 5 years ^^ I remember your original name too lol
 
I never said K1llzj0y was an advisor. I said he recruited and with the help of an advisor they showed me around the world n such.
 
Back
Top