Computer Hardware

freshmeathead

Banned by Idol
=(e)=
Joined
Jan 1, 2012
Messages
1,282
Since TF2 isn't a very taxing game, hardware-wise, it can be played on a fairly inexpensive PC. I was just curious what everyone is running, regardless if it is high-end, low-end or in between. I'll start with my most active build:

CPU: AMD 8 Core FX-8350 Black Edition
Memeory: 16 GB PC3-12800
Motherboard: I honestly don't know other than it is a Gigabyte.
Video Card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 - hand me down from my son.
Monitor: Acer 24" - don't recall the specifics, but nothing high-end. I paid $120 for it 3 years ago.
Keyboard: Rosewill Cherry MX Red - don't recall the model, but basic otherwise, no backlighting, etc.
Mouse: Razer Abyssus Mirror
Hard Drives: OS is an old 72 GB SSD - don't remember the specs other than it is too small and I need to upgrade.
Data/applications/games is a 1 TB Western Digital Black.
 
Up until about a month ago, I was running these specs:

1.7 GHz
2 GB RAM
225 GB HDD
Integrated Gfx

Now I got an upgrade that put me above 30 fps:

1.9 GHz
4 GB RAM
350 GB HDD
Integrated Gfx
 
http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/knhYmG

CPU: i7-4770K 3.5GHz
Memory: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3
Motherboard: Asus Z87-Pro
Video Card: MSI GTX 770 4GB
Case: Cooler Master Storm Stryker
Monitor: 23" LG + 17" Acer
Keyboard: CM Storm QuickFire TK
Mouse: Logitech MX 518
Headset: Currently a Razor Product, but prefer my Sennheiser HD600s
Hard Drive: Crucial MX100 256GB SSD
 
Last edited:
CPU: Intel i5-3570k
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB
Motherboard: Asus P8z77-v Deluxe
Video Card: EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670
Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2012
Mouse: Razer Naga 2014
Hard Drives: Seagate 1Tb
Western digital 2tb
Headset: Steelseries Siberia V2's Used to have Razer Carcharias but they broke
Case: Cooler Master Storm Trooper
Mouse Pad: Razer Vespula Synced with my mouse
 
Last edited:
CPU: AMD 8 Core FX-8350 Black Edition
Video Card: Gigabyte AMD Radeon HD 7950 - hand me down from my son.
Monitor: Acer 24" - don't recall the specifics, but nothing high-end. I paid $120 for it 3 years ago.
Mouse: Razer Abyssus Mirror
Hard Drives:Data/applications/games is a 1 TB Western Digital Black.

I was going from memory, so here are a few things I wasn't sure on:

Memory: 12 GB PC3-12800
Motherboard: Gigabyte 970A-D3
SSD: OCZ Vertex2 60 GB
Keyboard: Rosewill RK 9000BR (Cherry MX Brown - thought they were Red)
Case: Antec Three Hundred
 
MODEL: Custom
CASE: Thermaltake Urban S71 Full Tower Case
MOBO: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX
CPU: AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor
CPU HS: Cooler Master V-8 Heatsink
RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8G DDR3 1600
PSU: CORSAIR HX850 Modular PSU
HDD 1: 150GB Western Digital VelociRaptor (Windows)
HDD 2: 1.5TB Western Digital Black (Steam)
HDD 3: 1TB Western Digital Black (Origin/Misc Games)
HDD 4: 500GB Western Digital Blue (Linux)
GFX: EVGA GTX 600 Superclocked 2GB
DVD/CD: LG DVD Burner 20x
MONITOR: ASUS VW266H 25.5″ 2ms and Gateway 22″
SOUND: Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Professional
SPEAKERS: Logitech Z-5500 5.1
HEADSET: Turtle Beach Ear Force X11
KEYBOARD: Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
MOUSE: Logitech G9
MOUSE PAD: SteelPad QCK+ Gaming Surface
OS: Windows 7 Pro 64bit / Ubuntu 13.10 64bit

Pictures and Links to Hardware: Here
 
Up until about a month ago, I was running these specs:

1.7 GHz
2 GB RAM
225 GB HDD
Integrated Gfx

Now I got an upgrade that put me above 30 fps:

1.9 GHz
4 GB RAM
350 GB HDD
Integrated Gfx

I was playing on a similar system last year, when I was living in Oregon. I couldn't not live integrated CPU very long. If you are interested in a used video card for a very low price, let me know ;)
 
Operating System
Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center 64-bit
CPU
AMD FX-8350 11 ?C
Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM
20.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 671MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-970A-UD3 (Socket M2) 35 ?C
Graphics
VH226 (1920x1080@60Hz)
1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 (EVGA) 54 ?C
 
I was playing on a similar system last year, when I was living in Oregon. I couldn't not live integrated CPU very long. If you are interested in a used video card for a very low price, let me know ;)
It's a laptop.
 
http://www.dell.com/us/p/inspiron-17r-se-7720/pd


OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU: Intel i7-3630QM @ 2.4GHz
Memory: 8GB(2 x 4GB) DDR3
Motherboard: Intel HM-77 chipset
Video Card: Intel HD 4400 w/ Nvidea GeForce GT 650m w/2GB memory
Screen: 17" 1080p HD
Mouse: Logitech G500
Hard Drive:
Drive 1: Samsung SpinPoint MT2 HM100UI 1TB, 5400 RPM w/8MB cache SATA 3.0GB/s
Drive 2: Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD10JPVT 1TB, 5400 RPM w/8MB cache SATA 3.0GB/s
 
Last edited:
OS:Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit
CPU: AMD FX-8350 8-core 4.00 GHz
Memory: 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabyte AM3+ AMD 990FX
Video Card: Radeon HD 7970 3GB 384-Bit GDDR5
Screen: Primary - 23" AoC 2343. Secondary - 19" HP W2071d
Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 3.5G
Hard Drives:
OS - 256GB Samsung SSD 840 Pro
Programs & Executables - 500GB Western Digital Caviar Black
Data (docs & pics) - 2x 1TB Western Digital WD Black in a RAID-1
Cooldown time between bans: 0.43ms
 
OS: Windows 8.1 Pro
CPU: Intel i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz
Memory: 16GB(2 x 8GB) DDR3
Motherboard: MSI Z77A-G45 motherboard
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition
Screen: 27" 1080p HD
Mouse: Corsair M65
Hard Drive: Seablade 3 TB HD
 

Latest posts

Back
Top