Where have I been, and where am I going?

Angoron

Poster
=(e)=
Joined
Mar 17, 2013
Messages
226
So some of you may have noticed I have kinda been dead lately, never hanging out.
So here's why: I've been working at my first job, doing 35 hours a week,spending time with my new girlfriend, and going to school. That leaves me with very little free time, which I spend the majority of playing WoW since the new expansion came out.

I've also grown quite bored of TF2, as I've played the same classes, on the same maps, over and over and over.

Let me be clear, I'm not leaving for CS. Those guys scare me D:
So what AM I going to do to try to jump back in?

Serious map making. As some of you know, I have dabbled in map making a bit here and there, working on gimmicky maps that always amount to lessons on how to operate the Hammer editor. So, I'm going to try my hand at making fun new maps for us to try on random events, like we have sometimes. This will result in a few things: One, I'll be needing some ideas on what kind of maps YOU guys would like to play on, and I'll be playing more to understand the class dynamics on specific maps, and spectating events to see how players fight one another in different environments. Basically, research.

TL;DR: Been doing RL and WoW, Coming back to make maps, post ideas for maps
 
dont you dare leave us!!

Make us some crazy map with a PL and mr. adam nickleback photo :3
 
I remember talking to you briefly about map making, if you ever need any help feel free to message me. I've never made any maps myself, but I feel I have a pretty good idea what makes a map good or bad gameplay wise.
 
Wow, I took a nap and people posted D:

dont you dare leave us!!

Make us some crazy map with a PL and mr. adam nickleback photo :3

Uh, what did you think I had in mind? Duh :P

Woooo! Good to see you. :) We miss your face.

What kind of maps can you make? Is this offer wide open?

Thanks :D and Yeah, I need ideas. Maps do take a while though and I'll try to do the most fun sounding ones XP

I remember talking to you briefly about map making, if you ever need any help feel free to message me. I've never made any maps myself, but I feel I have a pretty good idea what makes a map good or bad gameplay wise.
Yeah, we need to compare notes. I've been out of the loop for the meta, so I need to talk to you and VP. If just to make sure you can't instantly wreck everyone <3

And If you ever need help with map making itself, I know my Hammer.

Can do sir. btw, HAI RAW :D We should totes hang out.

Omg do it! Can't wait!

tumblr_nf5ef0I20G1twf0v5o1_500.jpg
 
Hey-o, Goron! Haven't seen you in a while.

Would you believe it if I said that I actually have brainstormed of maps before? Here's a snippet of an idea I once had:

"[cp_summit would be] A map in TF2 where the capture points are positioned such that BLU has to climb slopes of about 20?. Also, every once in a while, an avalanche may occur, killing players and destroying buildings that aren't sheltered by any walls or otherwise."

This idea was inspired by a type of game people would create on ROBLOX where you'd climb up a giant slope peppered with small barriers and such, trying to dodge objects that would fall as you climb to the top of said slope.

And don't even ask about my experience in ROBLOX... dark days.
 

Latest posts

Back
Top