1 Year Reflection

erickablyat

Poster Extraordinaire
=(eGO)=
Joined
Jan 6, 2014
Messages
3,210
Funny how fast time flies by. One year ago, I joined EdgeGamers after many months of being chased after by recruiters. Around the time I joined, I was suffering from mental pain inflicted by various events that occurred in 2013 and had a very weak state of mind. However, within days of joining eGO, I began to meet great guys such as Drew-X, _Mega, and others who helped me forget about the past and move onto the future.

I quickly turned to help with the Gmod Trouble In Terrorist Town server the moment it was launched and my dedication to both Gmod and CS:S was well documented. Within a month, Meowcenaries had submitted a promo rec to promote me to a G and was awarded that honor about the same time school was let out in my state. Over the summer, I spent many hours filling and adminning TTT to help bring the young server into recognition. Despite my dedication, I began to tire of the same old process of TTT so I took a short break for a few weeks.

When I came back, I was surprised by the sudden promotion to O upon my return. Coming mere days prior to my birthday, I was overjoyed and quickly put my powers to use. Few weeks after that, cs:s Highschool was relaunched and I turned my attention back to Counter Strike since then. I have also begun to focus a good amount of time to DOD:S due to my interest in WW2 simulations.

During this whole process, I feel I have greatly matured and became a better person than I was prior to joining eGO. While it is impossible not to thank those close to me and owe my life to my now gf for saving myself from suicide, I feel that EdgeGamers has been fundamental in restored this poor soul to a state of solitude and dignity. I thank the entire community, but especially Drew-X, Meowcenaries, Icydud, _Mega, NMsniper, Michael Bolton, Maserati, Amazing24, ZER0C00L, Lucas15, Mason54, and Nishishi.
 
Back
Top