- Joined
- Apr 15, 2010
- Messages
- 3,047
Personally I haven't had any issues except perhaps re-adding the server to my favorites (Can't remember if this was in-fact a issue for me..), but I think what would've helped others a bit, or perhaps the most, is a advanced notice.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but having the server move come out of nowhere for those that don't/didn't know what happened (pubs in particular) makes people think the server was dropped or it's under a DDoS attack, resulting in a loss of players, particularly since the IP change messed up a number of peoples' favorites/history listings. Adding on that not everyone checks the forums, but perhaps just having a server announcement and/or Steam Group announcement would help (or do what we did with the Gmod server and rename the server to "Server moved to IP-HERE"
If we do plan on moving the rest of the servers, I'd highly suggest that a advanced notice be given so that we don't lose the players. Without the players, simply put, there isn't a community.
Just my thoughts on the matter (and my apologies if any of it came out rude..was not my intent)
EDIT: Something I might also suggest is posting a announcement on the Steam groups sometime soon with the new IPs we have so far for reasons mentioned above - might help get some players back.
Correct me if I'm wrong anyone, but having the server move come out of nowhere for those that don't/didn't know what happened (pubs in particular) makes people think the server was dropped or it's under a DDoS attack, resulting in a loss of players, particularly since the IP change messed up a number of peoples' favorites/history listings. Adding on that not everyone checks the forums, but perhaps just having a server announcement and/or Steam Group announcement would help (or do what we did with the Gmod server and rename the server to "Server moved to IP-HERE"
If we do plan on moving the rest of the servers, I'd highly suggest that a advanced notice be given so that we don't lose the players. Without the players, simply put, there isn't a community.
Just my thoughts on the matter (and my apologies if any of it came out rude..was not my intent)
EDIT: Something I might also suggest is posting a announcement on the Steam groups sometime soon with the new IPs we have so far for reasons mentioned above - might help get some players back.
Last edited:






















. Nobody is forcing anybody to donate


<3 I am not going anywhere eGO is to fun