IBP / Netcode Match Scandal and CLG's Team

Wize

EGO Is My Life!
=(eGO)=
Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
4,020
Hey guys! I know probably a few people are keeping up with the scandal about the ex-IBUYPOWER match against Netcode Guides that happened way back. I don't think we had a discussion about it and how it affects the CSGO pro-scene. This is coming after issues that happened around Dreamhack. Here is an article about the situation including 'Shahzam' discussing about it and text messages. If you made a bet on this match, I apologize. What are your thoughts on it and what should sponsors, leagues, and players due to prevent things such as fixing matches?

New evidence points to match-fixing at highest level of American Counter-Strike

CLG-logo1.jpg

CLG's New team!
On a brighter discussion, CLG has officially picked up a roster for those that don't follow reddit or any forum of competitive information. It's roster will consist of MouseSpaz's old team. Pretty cool to see major gaming companies moving in to help the CS:GO scene grow.

If you're a CLG fan, now you can be disappointed in two different games! (sorry)​
 
Last edited:
That makes me mad actually. I have friends who use CSGO Lounge to place bets on matches that are going to be happening and I myself have just gotten into it a little bit. Knowing that teams are fixing matches and whatnot, that's bad on their part. Sponsors should threaten to and should drop teams that do fix matches. Leagues should suspend teams that do so as well.
 
Some people once told me that there was no way professional teams would throw for money. I'm still laughing at these people.
 
Some people once told me that there was no way professional teams would throw for money. I'm still laughing at these people.

I'm still laughing at the fact that none of this is true. You do realize the fact that shazam would be the LAST person to know anything about ibp. Don't veleive what the "paparazzi" of Cs tells you lmao. If you actually read the article the prove themselfs wrong with the cud situation AND they didn't prooce the legitimacy of the Derek's texts. It's funny watching people that know nothing about competing belevie this nonsense. Another point is all of ibp are streamers. If you ever see them go through there trade offers, they don't need to do all this bs

And you thought they threw in a major. Not some online match.

Wrote this on my phone
 
Last edited:
Wow. I mean I always sided with Cheezy on this but now the truth is out. #Throws@ProLvl
 
If you knew anything about the competitive scene you would know that shazam is not a reliable source, nor is Richard Lewis.

Case and point. Believe what you see on the 'tmz' of cs.
 
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBLVT7iRstA[/ame]
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIWAkhfz1UI[/ame]

ayyye lmao ^^^

But regarding that game, keep in mind.
  • that match wasn't important for them (they were already qualified for CEVO LAN);
  • they just came home from europe and were probably jetlagged;
  • just because a pro misses some shots doesn't make him throw - he could just have had a bad day.
  • they said, they had next to zero practice on season ( as that map wasn't being played in EU)
 
Last edited:
CSGL already confirmed that there was shady bets made from cud and dboorn and that the match was probably thrown.

I could honestly see Dazed and ex-IBP throwing the match for skins.

10k profit from losing a meaningless game.
 
Until they get one of the players to admit they threw all of this is still just speculation.
 
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top