Mushy's question of the week

Mushy49

Rookie
Joined
Jan 1, 2015
Messages
47
Why do you play games?

Do you do it for escapism? For release?
Do you play for the comradery? The raptor de corps?

Do you do it for the competitiveness?

Why do you play?

I, the Mush-meister, play for many of those reasons however the main reasons are:
The team dynamic/comradery, the competitiveness and the opportunity to help my brothers and sisters at virtually no cost to me.

I like to help. To be that catcher in the rye (Great book btw).

So again I ask what motivates you to play?
 
I play for the escape and the social aspect of it. It's also fun :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and I've made some pretty dope friends here in eGO :thumbup1:
 
Mushy!! Hey pal. Nice question, I have an answer. I play CS:S specifically for the adrenaline rush, lol. When I run by 15 ct's in spawn, then run into b with an auto shotty and destroy them, that's when it's all worth it. I guess apart from the rush of it all, I really enjoy helping my team in unusual ways that they may not even realize.

That's why they call me DR. EVIL!!!!!!
 
Last edited:
What else would I do? Read a book... :D
This...
I do it because it's what I do.
That.

Specifically, I started to play TF2 because a) strategy is more heavily involved in this game than other FPS's around, b) each person, depending on how they play and where they are on a map, can have vastly different experiences while playing (a quirky reason, I know,) and c) I'm willing to bet any other FPS would convince my parents that I would become a psychotic killer after playing it.
 
For me, I am a college student, and as a college student, there are lots of down-time to pass, so that's the main reason I play. :)

-Instinct_
 
Why do you play games? Because games

Do you do it for escapism? For release? I do it for myself cause bacon.

Do you play for the comradery? The raptor de corps? For trash talk :D (Not really)

Do you do it for the competitiveness? A good 80% of the time.

Why do you play? I play because social life is kaka (Not really either) I play because it'f fun and been doing it for many many years.
 
The competitiveness for me, I enjoy playing on the server more when you got people directing T rushes or communicate with CT on whats going on.

I guess using the mic to communicate is also a factor that motivates me to play.
 
Back
Top