February 2015 Newsletter

wewo

Poster Extraordinaire
Joined
Jan 12, 2009
Messages
3,433
wewo’s quote of the month:

I want to eat, cook, meet famous people and make fun of them.

Roseanne Barr (courtesy of http://www.brainyquote.com)

It's that time at the eGO Newsletter, when we pester the best of the best by demanding interviews from each of the Members of the Year. Every year we learn something new about members who we may have heard of, but have never met. One does coding for fun, one may or may not be a rebel, another is a self-proclaimed curmudgeon, and other weird facts. There are quite a few interviews, so take your time and read this expanded Newsletter at your own pace.

wewo​


View attachment 8290
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2719568"]Oey192[/link]

View attachment 8292
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2719571"]ProCombat[/link]

View attachment 8286
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2719576"]Papa1960[/link]

View attachment 8287
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2719580"]ExOH[/link]

View attachment 8288
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2719628"]Dr.Compton[/link]

View attachment 8289
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2720033"]Acefire[/link]

View attachment 8291
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2720034"]Meowcenaries[/link]

View attachment 8293
[link="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237#post2720825"]freshmeathead[/link]


This month's Newsletter was edited by whoflungpoo, and the artwork was prepared by the very talented Versed.
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8294

by wewo

I had the distinctive pleasure of interviewing the Leadership MOTY, Oey192. Since he is a busy guy, let?s get right to it.

wewo: First, can you tell us a little about yourself? Any personal information you would like to volunteer, and how and when you became involved in EdgeGamers and the Tech Team?

Oey192: Sure! I recently graduated college with a degree in Computer Science and a Vocal Performance minor, and also recently got a job as a Software Development Engineer at Amazon.com. I became involved with the Tech team around the beginning of 2013 when Cyprias needed some plugins written for the Minecraft server. Several months later I was officially brought on to work on MAUL 2, but was quickly reassigned to other projects, including DAPS. I was, of course, eventually able to get back to work on MAUL 2, which we launched in December 2014.

How did you come up with the name Oey192 and what does the 192 signify?

Oey has been my IRL nickname for quite some time. Of course, that's too short to be unique in most cases, so I appended my favorite number to the end.

Odd favorite number, but let's get to business. Most members know very little about the Tech Team. Can you enlighten us? How many members do you have and what do you guys do?

The Tech Team has quite a broad scope. We do software development, server management, and (often grudgingly) tech support, along with whatever other technical side projects arise. We're a relatively small group, consisting of whitemike, GardenGroveVW, Christy, GamingRobot32, ThundrRok, Whatever212, and me. Most of us are working in various software development capacities, though some of us bridge the gap into server management and a few of us focus exclusively on that.

How do you organize and prioritize tasks?

Well I'm not about to give a lecture on time management or project management, but we generally try to find what we feel is going to have the most impact on the most people and work on that. When emergencies arise, we put all of our attention into fixing those and then get back to what we were doing.

The leadership roster shows only you and GamingRobot32 as DLs with no Advisor. Any plans on adding Advisors to the mix?

I am not aware of any immediate plans to add advisors to Tech Leadership. The difference between a Tech Advisor and a Tech DL is often blurred, with the latter often indicating tenure only. While I'm sure we'll eventually have leadership changes, there's currently no hole in Tech Leadership that an Advisor would fill. If we find one, I'm sure we'll fill it.


How does it feel to be in the spotlight, and what was your first reaction when you learned that you were the Leadership MOTY?

I've never been much of a spotlight seeker, but I can't say I mind it when it happens to come my way. My first reaction when I learned I was Leadership MOTY was "why did they pick me? whitemike should have gotten it." but I thought something similar last year with PSC MOTY award, so maybe I just don't think I'm deserving of these awards. I am most humbled that the higher ups believe I am deserving and I will make sure their belief in me was not in vain. I am very grateful that the work of the Tech Team is being appreciated, and if I could, I would share the award with all those who got MAUL 2 out the door.

What are your plans for the future (eGO and personal)?

Well within eGO, the Tech Team still has a lot of work to do. There's still work to be done on MAUL 2, DAPS, and many of our other systems, so I plan on getting as much of that done as possible. As far as personal plans go, I don't have too much in mind. Just having fun at work, playing piano, and continuing to sing.

You?re invited to karaoke night; what else do you do for fun?

In addition to piano and singing, I enjoy coding, sailing, reading books, and of course, playing video games.

If you could meet anyone in the world, living or dead, who would it be, and why?

I'll assume from the way you phrased the question that they must have come from this planet, because otherwise an alien would be pretty cool. This question is also challenging because I could potentially pick someone that most people believe existed but if they actually didn't, would I still be able to meet them?

Will I need pliers to extract an answer (j/k)?

I guess I'd have to go with Benjamin Franklin. They always said he was way ahead of his time, so I'd be interesting to see how he reacted to the modern world and see if he could come up with any cool new ideas in the short amount of time I'd have to spend with him.

He would be on my short list too. Anything else you would like to add?

I'm not a calculator or computer, so no. But if you insist, I could add 2 and 2. I'd probably get 22, but most people say you're supposed to get 4, so that's my final answer.

Thanks Oey, you are an interesting specimen, and I can see why you are the Leadership MOTY. Congratulations again.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8278

by SigmaTaurus

PSC has many members who, besides spending hours gaming for EdgeGamers, fulfill important responsibilities, as we all know.

One of them exceeded the expectations and proved to be a great asset. His name is ProCombat and this is what he told us:

SigmaTaurus: Pro, Member of The Year! What does that mean to you?

ProCombat: MOTY is something that I've worked for indirectly, meaning I'm working towards the cause not even knowing that I am; I've been working over the course of the year. You put all your time in effort into what you love to do and truly MOTY is not expected. When I worked with PSC this year I was focused on making eGO better with a faster and efficient application process, not getting the award.


SigmaTaurus: Tell us about how you improved the application process.

ProCombat: Well as a PSC member you want to get as personalized and efficient as you can, you want to be fast but correct. Back in August when BF had over 600 members apply, I accepted around 150+ applications, I learned how to be fast, efficient, and correct while making sure each member felt welcomed. At the time I was also in NME so we tried to bring them into TS and make them feel like family.

S: So you could say that the EA/Dice/EdgeGamers partnership brought a whole bunch of new members. Does that happen often?

P: Well I can say it was a few things, our event, how it was advertised, and our partnership has brought a ton of players in, and our partnership is still bringing in people. When people see our BF4 server they see a high quality and reliable server that will always be up and consistent.

S: What do you do in real life, Pro?

P: At the moment, I'm still attending High School and I am in a program for our tech department. I work with the Network Admin at out school for about an hour and a half a day, during the summers I work as a Tech Assistant for the district about 40 hours a week. During the school year I just focus on school and I'll do favors here and there building/fixing computers.

S: So question about computers: I accidentally threw my HD into a bucket full of acid and then used it as a target practice for my new stun gun. Now I want to install it on my new PC but its not working, why would that be?

P: Well I mean, you have caused damage to the PCX board on the back, and you shot it, so I would recommend getting a new hard drive. On top of that I would also recommend getting a SSD to boot off of and a normal optical drive to put your games on.

S: Ok, noted! And I thought you'd make fun of me!

P: No, I don't do that :D I am nice to everyone no matter what.

S: If you could have voted for someone else to get the award, who would that be and why?

P: That is a tough one, we have a few members that could get it. I would say FireHazard would have been next, he is just as dedicated as I have been over the last few years. I have known him for a long time and he is just as dedicated to his division as much as me. The only issue was that he had to take a break during the year and returned.

S: What games do you frequent these days?

P: Arma 3, Sim City, CSS/CS:GO, BF, Space Engineers, Minecraft, and Gmod

S: And finally man, what projects are you gonna get into this year to help eGO become a better place?

P: Well I am helping out with New Member Experience (NME) and Recruitment Coordinator (RC), we have some cool things coming from PSC to make 2015 a better place, and on that note I just got offered and given a RC Trainer spot today.

S: That is great to hear! Congrats! We are sure you'll do an splendid job. Everyone in EdgeGamers is very proud and thankful to have a friend and member who is so committed to the community like you, man. Wholehearted congratulations for the award!

P: Thanks!, have a great day and take care buddy :).


As usual, if you know a PSC member, tell him "good job, man!" because they all certainly deserve that recognition.

Read ya' later

SigmaTaurus

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8279

by SigmaTaurus

I had the pleasure to talk with one of the, let's say, more experienced members here in EdgeGamers.

His name is Papa1960 and as the name suggests, he is both a Pops and from 1960.

He was awarded the MOTY for Battefield and this is what he told us:

SigmaTaurus: Member of the Year award, what does that mean to you?

Papa1960: A complete surprise, and I'm still a little surprised by even being thought of as a potential recipient. But it means that I must be level headed enough to exemplify what I try to be, a mature-minded gamer.

Seriously, at least in regards the MOTY recognition, I was seriously humbled by it. This really is a great bunch of guys, and I never thought my contribution would be much more than a casual zombie reference every once in a while. It's a huge honor.

S:What do you do in real life?

P: Ace lawyer and helluva nice guy! It says so on my license plate frame. But that's what I do for money, because the mortgage company thinks they deserve a payment every single month. I really want to be a professional curmudgeon. Between the two I home brew and plot to survive zombies.

S: What games do you frequent besides BF4?

P:That's funny, since I don't play BF4. Do they require that the interviewer actually do any research before the interview? (Just kidding.)
I just bought the game, but it's not even loaded yet.
I love table games, and the personal interaction of a large group of mostly sober people, although it's hard to get a bunch of people together nowadays.

S: If you could have voted for someone else to get the award, who would that be and why?

P: That's tough. Beemermarine, because he's the first "mature gamer" I ever met, and he has the curmudgeon thing down better than I ever could. Skagnatti, because I've never heard him rattled. The Lioness, because she's so into her character that she purrs when she dies in game (or kills me). Medicinary (or whatever he calls himself today) because he really is the spirit of eGO. But there are just too many deserving people.

S: Now, tell me man, what is it like to be part of a gaming community full of people so much younger than you, and what experiences can you share with us about that?

P: Most of the folks I deal with are older than my son, so it's actually an older community than I was expecting. That's one of the things that drew me in.But I've also learned that there are any number of members more emotionally prepared for gaming than me.

S:How old is your kiddo?

P: He's 16; I started gaming with him when he was about 13.

S: What games do you share together?

P: We're in a table game mood right now, but he's trying to get me into some new fighting robot design thing too. He loves Bam!, the spaghetti western table game.
We have done almost every Wii game there is. ROCK BAND AC/DC is fantastic.

S: Is your son part of EdgeGamers?

P: No, he's one of the troublemakers who get bored with an ongoing game and try to stretch the rules. (Teenagers!)
He's never been interested in any clan-style activity for any game, but he tends to go through them relatively quickly then start looking for something else

S: Hahaha I know I know, we all went through that though. Now, about your activities that gave you the MOTY, what do you do to help eGO be a better place to game?

P: That would have to be admin training. Most server admins have a bad reputation on their own servers; admins are not riot police, they are mediators with the ability to win an argument. My admin training emphasizes "please," and "thank you," more than "my way or the highway." People like gaming on our servers because the admins are perceived in involved in enjoying the game, not handing out arbitrary justice.[/I]

S: Talking about justice, you said you are a lawyer. What legal areas do you practice?

P: Most of my work is civil litigation -- anything that involves going to court that is not criminal, divorce, or probate -- with a healthy amount of business consultation and administrative actions. I'm fortunate to work out of my home, so the overhead is very low and my free time ample. What area do you practice?

S: Intellectual Property and Corporate. With sombreros. I don't do criminal acts at all, I'm just too bad arguing crimes :(

P: I did one criminal matter, my brother in law quite a while back. Got him off, but it's a bizarre world there.

S: Yup, that is why I consider my self out of the picture when it comes to that! So Papa, thanks again for the time, anything else you'd like us to share with our beloved readers?

P: If Dice/EA would just come up with a new map every year BC2 would be played forever!

I see people complain about Battlefield 4 glitches all the time, and people returned to BC2 within weeks of buying Battlefield3. BC2 is the standard by which those others are judged, and hasn't yet been improved. (Insert gaming reviewer logo here)

S: Anyway thank you very much for your time Pops; Hope to see you in-game sometime and wholehearted congratulations

P: Thanks for asking. Take care.
---

Don't forget to say Congrats to our friend Papa1960 and don't forget to check the new Battlefield title coming this year.

Read ya' later

SigmaTaurus.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8280

by flamelauncher11

Hello once again, EdgeGamers! This month, I take on the challenge of interviewing the CS Division's very own member of the year of 2014, ExOH! Kick back, relax, and read what he has to say about his time with the community, and don't forget to mute him in Teamspeak 3 before reading!

Q: So first off, congrats on becoming the CS Division Member of the Year for 2014! Looking back to May of 2013 when you joined the community, what made you decide on joining the Counter-Strike Division?

A: Thanks, I decided to join the eGO CS Division specifically because Counter Strike is the only game I play, I've played the game for years and it's where my heart lies. It was the only option in my eyes and I wouldn't have considered anything else.

Q: Well, you made a good choice! Now, forwarding back through time, you have participated in quite a few programs within the division, including the recruitment coordinators, event coordinators, admin trainers, and even held a spot in leadership as an Advisor. What are your thoughts on these programs from your personal experience and, if given the chance, would you rejoin any of the aforementioned teams?

A: All of the programs are so vital within the CS Division, the Recruitment Coordinators are the most important in my opinion since if they are not around to help bring in our recruits then all of the other programs are pointless with no members to actually focus on. It requires a lot of dedication and I thank anyone within eGO as a whole who takes their time out to recruit people into eGO properly and integrating them into our events and Teamspeak.

Being an Event Coordinator has easily been the most fun I have ever had within eGO and I would tell anyone if you're ever given the chance to be one then take it, I can't explain how much fun you can have and at the same time you bring the fun to your fellow members of eGO.

I am still currently an Admin Trainer for the CS Division and I just enjoy teaching new admins since I love getting to see what they can do and what their ideas are since they're new to the admin scene. I would easily take up the offer of rejoining the Events team again if I could be an Admin Trainer at the same time, unfortunately that rarely happens.

Q: Sounds like you've really enjoyed your time thus far with EdgeGamers! Looking back once again, what are some of your favorite eGO memories?

A: Being the most Globally muted person ever in Teamspeak? If that counts aha! Seriously though being an Event Coordinator in general has to be the greatest memory I have within eGO alongside when I was promoted to Advisor.

Q: Speaking of which, how did it feel being promoted to Advisor? What were you in charge of at the time?

A: Uhm, It's quite hard to explain but of course it felt good. I was in charge of the program which is now run by ZER0C00L that is the Recruitment Coordinators, I stepped down due to exams that are now over and yes I passed them.

Q: Thank you for your help with the CS Division, and congrats on passing those exams! On the topic of real life, what do you like to do when you're not training admins or being globally muted by leadership in Teamspeak?

A: Playing CSGO :) lol

Q: Sounds like a good time! Well, thank you for taking some time out of your day to talk to me about your involvement with EdgeGamers and your experiences in the CS Division. Anything you'd like to say before we wrap up this interview?

A: Thanks for reading this week's Newsletter! Peace out NERDS! <3

I think he means this month's newsletter! Anyways, ExOH pretty much summed it all up! We all had a great year here at EdgeGamers so definitely look forward to what 2015 has to offer. Until next time, this is flamelauncher11 (and ExOH!) signing out!

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8281

by Jay_Jay

It has been an explosive start to the new year so far. As always, EdgeGamers's oldest division is at the front lines of it all. The weekly DoD:S events such as Regular Realism are in full force. Servers are seeing maximum attendance during these sessions which is keeping EdgeGamers's Day of Defeat servers high in the server rankings.

I?d now like to turn the spotlight on one individual you all should know. His persistence and excellence for the division knows no bounds. He has consistently proved himself to be a very capable member of DoD:S as his position of Event Coordinator will show you. Whether he is playing as just a regular front line soldier or commanding the Fighting 36th Infantry Division in Realism campaigns, you know you are in safe hands. I of course refer to long-standing DoD:S Division member, and Day of Defeat's 2014 Member of the Year, Dr. Compton.

Q: Ever since joining DoD:S you've been very active in the division. What attracted you toward DoD:S and from where did this passion come?

A: I've been in DoD:S for at least five years, started off as a Hell Hound way back when Fluffy The Destroyer was our leader. When the houses went away I was just kind of a floating e playing DoD:S and losing interest until St0rmy co-founded eGO Realism. At first I was just a common realism player until Stormy allowed me to host more and more. I was becoming increasingly active until November 2011, when I joined the military. Over the next couple of years I was around when I could be, but with a crazy schedule it made it harder for me to participate in some of our events, until I was asked by Leadership to be an EC. Over the last few months I've been trying to increase the number of events on our weekends, and took over hosting Realism for Chuck Norris while he is schooling.

Q: Do you find it difficult to balance the time between your career and being an EC?

A: Sometimes, I work 12 hour shifts in an Emergency Room and I used to work until 7PM and almost all of our events start around 8PM EST so it wasn't as bad, but now I've moved to a 9AM-9PM schedule which is putting a little burden on some of the events I host, but the EC team and Leadership are trying to find ways to make it work.

Q: Good to hear you?re getting the support of Leadership. What would you say are some of your greatest achievements in EdgeGamers thus far?

A: I would say overall, my greatest achievement in eGO is being a Commander in Chief for our last realism campaign. Even though my team lost, it was super fun being the Commander of the Fightin' 36th and it was a huge thing for me, because I consider Realism the turning point for my eGO career. This is followed by my DoD:S Member of the Year, which is another big honor I?m pretty proud of.

Q: Speaking of the realism campaigns, you've played some key roles in these. How did you tackle that?

A: I dunno, when I was just a normal soldier I just did as I was told, when I was a part of the Command Team I offered what advice I could and tried to keep my Squads in line, when I was the Commander I listened to those around me, ignored their ideas, and charged head first into a bunch of bad guys.

Q: Sounds like your style is almost on par with a real NCO. Do you consider yourself a rebel without a cause, or a rebel without a clue?

A: A little from column A, a little from column B.

Q: Speaking about the Division again, as an EC, do you have any fresh ideas you would like to introduce?

A: As an EC no, I don't personally come up with brand new ideas, I've actually gone back into our vault and pulled out some older events that our new members seem enjoy. Of course I?m always willing to listen to ideas from our members, however I?m not afraid to reject ideas.

Q: And finally, what of the real life Dr. Compton. When you?re not online or wearing the uniform of your country how do you relax?

A: I relax by playing video games or watching whatever show I?m watching on Netflix.

Q: Sounds like you've got everything sorted. Thanks for your time and good luck for the future.

There is no telling what this year has in store for DoD. You can expect the always popular weekly events such as regular realism, and usual server shenanigans. It is up to all of you to get in contact with your Division ECs and put your ideas forward. From your reporter on the high seas, game on!

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8283

by Insomnia Princess

Minecraft's Member of the Year 2014 is the passionate and proficient Acefire. I have had the pleasure of speaking with Acefire before and not only do I consider him a great friend, but I know he has a lot of passion for EdgeGamers and, of course, his home division of MC. I had the chance to speak to him after receiving his award and asked him a few question so that you can all get to know him a bit better, too.


Can you tell us some about when you first joined EdgeGamers?

I first joined eGO back in 2010 on my Birthday, January 7. But that's not when I started with eGO. I began in that summer playing on our CoD4 Regular Search and Destroy. I was 12 at the time so I waited patiently before joining eGO. Since then I've been here off and on, primarily when my life grows hectic.

What are some of your favorite memories in your time here?

My all time favorite memory was when I got my eG tags after two years of being an e. I've grown a lot since then. I got my eG in a very interesting way. It was through a room on our Ventrilo with about probably 8-10 people daring CoD Leadership to field promote me. Needless to say it worked. There's actually a picture of it from MacArthur on an old old thread back in 2012 in the general eG Discussion.

Which games do you play?

As far as what games do I play I'll start with eGO sponsored first: Minecraft obviously. I play DoD:S and CS:S every once in a while, same with TF2. I have CoD4 as well though no longer sponsored and I also have Garry's Mod. As far as non-eGO I enjoy Skyrim, Civilization 5, and my Pok?mon games on my 3DS, I also enjoy Brave Frontier on my iPhone.

Can you tell us one thing about yourself that we probably don?t know?

Something that most people wouldn't know about me is that I actually barely do my homework. I sometimes put beside my name in TS (Homework) in times that I -need- to do my homework. I actually just got a 98 on a BC Calc quiz the past week without even doing the homework for it. How do I do it? I listen and pay attention really well. I have a good memory, so be wary about that if you stick around me, I will remember a lot.

If you could be leadership for a day, what would you do?

If I could be Leadership for a day what would I do? Well it depends on what position I would get. If I was a Spec Team Advisor I'd run the team for that day efficient probably host a Recruiting Drive in that day if I was a Recruiting Advisor, if I was an EC Advisor, I'd host the biggest event I could that day. If I was the AT Advisor I'd plan for a master BAT/AAT class for everyone who wants to attend. If I was any other Leadership position for one day I'd simply make sure I don't run the Division into the ground so they can run things the next day!

Thank you so much for your time, Acefire. It's always a pleasure and we look forward to seeing you around MC and Edgegamers for many more years to come.

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8284

by SigmaTaurus

First there was EVE Online Division, World of Warcraft, and others. Then they all merged into one hell of a division named something about that board game where you remove organs from a guy and if you touch the edges you get an electric shock.

Now, it's Operation: X, and no one knows what's the X for, but never mind!

Meowcenaries, Member of The Year for OP:X. This is what he told us:

Sigma Taurus: Member of the Year award, what does that mean to you?

Meowcenaries: I think it means dedication and love towards something bigger than yourself. You have done that consecutively through the year and you wanted to make a change, make it better for others.

S: What do you do in real life?

M: I go to university and work a couple jobs. It's pretty difficult, but I always find time to come onto the website, or teamspeak and chat with everyone.

S: What games do you frequently play?

M: CSGO, Garry's Mod, just started H1Z1, some DoD:S, CS:S sometimes, Guild Wars 2, osu!, NEKOPARA, Hatoful boyfriend, just everything.

(What the heck is Hatoful boyfriend... Oh my god, what the heck is THIS?!?!

S: If you could have voted for someone else to get the award, who would that be and why?

M: I probably would have voted for Michael Bolton to get the MOTY award. Ever since he switched from CS to Op:X, he has been dedicated to server filling, recruiting, and keeping everything stable in the G-Mod server and the Op:X division. Since he's an advisor now, I'm sure he's very happy with his new position and nobody could probably do as best a job as he can at the moment.

S: Tell us something about what you do for your division.

M: For Operation:X, I am an Admin Trainer and a substitute event coordinator for Garry's Mod. I love everything about it, and everyone has a great time when they come out for events or get promoted. I try to make it as fun as possible.

S: Do you wanna build a snowman?

M: ONLY IF IT' S WITH YOU, SIGMA<3. We can put a sombrero on it.

S: Of all your 31 awards, exception MOTY (which of course is the cherry of the pie) what medals do you hold most dear and why?

M: News Team contributor, I've always really loved the news team and everything they do for keeping the community informed and I'm proud to be a part of them.

S: Before OP:X was created, what division(s) did you belong to? Why did you move?

M: CS Division, I moved because I started to play more Garry's Mod and I've loved it ever since.

S: Do you remember EVE Division? That game was incredible!.

M: I do, I had EVE for about a month, but it didn't suck me in like it did to a lot of people.

S: PC Master Race or Console Wars?

M: I have played both! I prefer the PC now though. I used the Xbox 360, Wii, PS2. Mainly the Xbox 360 for the Halo series! I've been sucked into competitive FPS games since then as well.

S: Did you know my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard?

M: I'll be in your yard tomorrow. :]

Oh my, Meow is totally into this Mexican! Congratulations my friend, MOTY is an honor you truly deserve.

Read ya' later

SigmaTaurus

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
View attachment 8285

by Insomnia Princess

freshmeathead was selected as MOTY for TF2 Division and we salute him for his dedication and loyalty to the division and always being willing to lend a helping hand when needed. I sat down with him to get to know the man behind the name a bit better.

Can you tell us some about when you first joined EdgeGamers?

It is a bit hazy. I had been playing on Black Mesa for awhile, and Dizco befriended me, and finally convinced me to join. I am not much of a joiner, and in fact would sometimes put ≠)meh(≠ in front of my name.

What are some of your favorite memories in your time here?

The early days on BM stand out, but just joining a server and having someone take the time to say 'hi'. I am easy to please.

Which games do you play?

TF2, Sniper Elite 3. I really need a new game to play. I really liked the new Wolfenstein: New Order, but there is really only ways to play it, so I have only played it through twice.

Can you tell us one thing about yourself that we probably don?t know?

I am a former pro BMX racer and have a jump named after me - the GRIZZ Air (my last name is Griswold).

If you could be leadership for a day, what would you do?

Get to the bottom of the server performance issues (I am an IT guy - it drives me crazy). I know that our tech team knows what they are doing but I am sure they are busy too with RL and eGO, etc. so I would help if I could.

Can you tell us more about what you do as an IT guy?

I am a VMware/Windows admin at eBay/PayPal. I am responsible for the North America VMware infrastructure for corporate IT (not the web sites). I have been in IT for 24 years and have traveled to 9 countries and worked in about 7 different industries in my career.

What has been your history with gaming? Have you played since you were a kid?

As far as gaming, I have always been a PC (and I mean C64, PC) gamer, never a console gamer. I did, however have the Coleco Tank game back in like 1979 or something. As far as PC games go, I have stuck mainly to FPS like Doom, Quake, Unreal Tourney, Hexan, Wolfenstein and the like. I took a break from gaming in the mid 2000s after I upgraded my PC to play Doom III, and it was a huge disappointment.

I have played a few side-scrollers and arcade games that I have wasted time on, Zuma being a good example of that. But, my inventory in steam is pretty light. Oh, I liked GTA4 quite a bit, and I wanted so bad for Halo 2, 3, etc to come to the PC but screw MS and Games for Windows.

Thank you so much for your time, freshmeathead, and we look forward to seeing you on the servers!

[LINK="http://www.edge-gamers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280237"]return to front page[/LINK]
 
Last edited:
Back
Top