[poll] Convoy 2

Dapope

I made one post
Joined
Mar 5, 2008
Messages
3
Can someone upgrade the 24/7 Convoy to the version 2 it is alot better

Change log:
- Fixed exploit that allowed engineers to build on the ground.
- Fixed exploit that gave one team an advantage by allowing any class to crouch jump on top of the rocket from one of the rails on only one of the vehicles and not the other.
- Fixed the wind effect so it doesn't affect rockets.
- Added a new bridge that is closer to the spawn area and is shielded from sniper fire.
- Added allot more open area in the lower storage room to build up a defense against those entering through the newly added bridge.
- Added lots of cover around the spawn area, and behind the intel room.
- Replaced the upper bridge with jump pads which launch players from one side to the other.
- Added a team specific one way door to the storage room outside the spawn to reduce spawn area spamming.
- Removed the capture music clip to reduce file size.
- Removed some props that crowded some cramped areas.

http://www.fpsbanana.com/maps/45247
 
We've actually tested the new map, and the majority of the clan found the previous version to be more palatable. We even discussed possible future versions and fine tunings with the original author.
 
We've already tried this. The map went 'Kaboom', I mean like it was 3/32. It's not really a good map. Convoy is better than Convoy2.. So, yeah.. and plenty more reasons. :)
 
Aw, too bad. I like convoy2 better.

It's so annoying how engies can get on one rocket but we can't go on theirs..
 
Yes, we have tried out the map, even when the creator of the map came to our forums and let us try it our FIRST. However, the stats proved that the first was the more popular map.
 
Yeah I prefer the old convoy, and tripwood, you have the best signiture
 
yea, i love the convoy we got now
im a sniper on that level and lotsa the things listed in the update
just make it alot worse for snipers
i says keep the one we gots now!!
 
I kinda liked convoy2, but it also meant that the inside passageway through the truck was wider, so I couldn't soldiercamp there. I guess we should stick with Convoy1.
 
[quote1204785216=DaPope]
- Fixed exploit that gave one team an advantage by allowing any class to crouch jump on top of the rocket from one of the rails on only one of the vehicles and not the other.
- Fixed the wind effect so it doesn't affect rockets.
[/quote1204785216]

Fix that, and Convoy 1 will be perfect, IMO. Convoy 2 is OK, but I just didn't like it as much. I also found the 1 way doors annoying when trying to get back to my spawn for resupply.
 
I like Convoy over Convoy 2, only problem i have with Convoy is the ability to see through walls and shields. I don't like those cheap things even though my main class is sniper
 
Back
Top