Leonard Nimoy AKA Spock Dies at 83

255px-Leonard_Nimoy_by_Gage_Skidmore_2.jpg

Article: Insomnia Princess | Editor: Jolly | Image: Gage Skidmore
<div style="width: 500px; text-align: center" align="center">
It?s a sad day for many Star Trek fans today as we hear of the news of Leonard Nimoy?s death. The actor famous for his role as the beloved Spock, passed Friday morning at the age of 83, after a long battle with lung disease.

Nimoy previously tweeted about his chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) earlier this month. "Smokers, please understand. If you quit after you're diagnosed with lung damage it's too late," Nimoy tweeted. "Grandpa says learn my lesson. Quit now."

While he is forever immortalized as Mr. Spock, Nimoy also had a full acting career and played in the Mission Impossible television show, Fringe, and stage acting. He also worked as a director and published both poetry and photography collections. He also had an interest in music.

Nimoy will be greatly missed!

?Live long and prosper.?

</div>​
 
Last edited:
In light of this, my forum signature will pass on his remembrance.
Live Long and Prosper! :crying:
 
A large portion of my childhood was spent watching the original Star Trek with my aunts and uncles. I always thought Spock was the coolest.

He will be remembered fondly by many.

!up Nimoy
 
One of the greatest actors of the 20th century and easily the best part of the Original Star Trek series.

RIP 1931-2015
 
Ugh, this just depressed me the hell out when I saw it on the news this afternoon... I didn't really grow up during the original Star Trek years, but I distinctly remember watching it on the hospital TVs when my grandfather had his stroke when I was young...

Even now I have the original series on my watchlist for Netflix and Amazon Prime, and I make it a habit to view at least 1 episode every few days.

RIP Mr. Spock, we'll make sure you're actually dead this time before Kirk launches your remains out the airlock. :(
 
He reminds me of my Grand Father, as they had similar appearances.
R.I.P Mr. Spock!
 
a sad day for sc-if but what a innings , the man was a legon in hi own right , give thanks to his gift of performance get gave to us , and rem he lived long and prospered:)
 
Today I turned 55; now eligible for "senior discounts" at a number of places. And early this morning learned that Leonard Nimoy had died. A guy I grew up watching, not just on Star Trek but on Mission Impossible, in a Columbo movie, and on reruns of Perry Mason, Gunsmoke, Outer Limits, and other classic tv. A truly gifted actor, but also a an uncommonly fair man willing to laugh at himself and embrace his iconic Vulcan.

So I get to be a senior now, and the stars of my youth are all leaving. Is this what growing old feels like?

Papa
 
I will never forget him and what he has done over the many years of his acting career. RIP

#LLAP

Will forever be in my sig :)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top