Rules?

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrateDonnie

Thread Junky
Joined
Dec 13, 2008
Messages
831
So today I was playing BF4 on Operation Conquest & got kicked for shooting a rocket into the uncap. Could someone please explain what an uncap is? I wasn't warned or anything just booted, AFAIK admins should warn before they kick...at least that's how it is in TF2. I thought in BF if someone shoots at you you are "supposed" to shoot back.
 
From what I understand, as a BF4 n00b myself (I've had the game about 2 weeks now), uncaps include Bases, and on some maps, uncappable flags (they have a line through them on the minimap).

In TF2 / DOD:S, we'd call it spawn-camping. (Not kickable on TF2, but definitely is on our DOD:S servers.)

Found this definition -
Uncapturable flag
In certain Conquest variants, each team has one or more uncapturable flags (aka bases, uncaps, deployments) from which they can spawn if no capturable flags are available.

Edit -

Apr 8, 2015 12:41:49 pm 240 United States[EG] FunkyKiller84 /yell DO NOT FIRE/THROW EXPLOSIVES INTO UNCAPS

General warning issued 5 minutes before your kick. Also several others kicked before you for the same reason. Both FunkyKiller84 and Scientisto doing admining like a boss. :D
 
Last edited:
Irate, I copied and pasted the rules for the BF server here, If your ever unsure, its best to double check the forums stickies in the Division's game first. Each game will have its unique rules so make sure you you look over them. I'd recommend dropboxing any issues with admins instead of posting it on the divisional forums. Last thing I'd want to see is people getting talked to for not checking the rules. Hope this helps and yea as it says down below Conquest has a different rule set. If you need to grab a leadership member, there usually always one of us on TS3, granted for Battlefield games your best bet will always be to get one of them first.


battlefield_division.png

Game Specific Rulings
=======================================

First and foremost all eGO rules apply for All Battlefield Games those can be found here. These rules have been pulled from Admin 101 in eG and eGO private forums, as such anything specifically pertaining to admins only has been removed.


  • UnCaps (UnCappable points) - It is perfectly legal and is part of the game in Rush mode, its unavoidable as its the intent of the mode. On Conquest you may not enter the enemy uncap for any reason. Also you may only shoot into their spawn if they are shooting out, and may only return fire with small arms. Vehicle camping in the Uncap is not allowed.
  • Team/Clan Stacking - Is strictly against the rules, as with all eGO games, keep admins and players evenly balanced between the teams. As of now we are running all servers with Auto Team Balance as it prevents players from switching freely between the teams. This eliminates the "You cannot switch teams too often, try again later." message and is no longer an excuse for eGO members not to balance out teams.
  • Ban Requests - Any and all bans need to be accompanied by a ban request so that we can issue that ban across all of our servers. When you add a ban from ingame, it only bans the player locally. You must submit a ban request for the player to be globally banned.
  • Out of Bounds - We consider any spot that requires driving a helicopter, parachuting, or walking/driving out of bounds to be an exploit spot. As such, no player should be in one of these spots. Additionally, a few unfair positions on some maps are considered out of bounds. If you are unsure about these areas, seek an =(eG)= or =(eGO)= ranked admin.
 
Rules is you can shoot into the uncap, only with small fire ( This is only valid if they shoot out first). ie: guns only. However, when you do shoot into uncap and kill player that is not shooting out, and that player is an admin. That admin can kick you as he did not shoot from uncap. Ideally, you do not want shoot into uncaps to avoid this kinds of mess. By the way, they should have given you a warning at some point.

BF has the same Warn, kick, ban rules as TF2. However; if you are a member, and a rule is broken, we skip the warn and go right to the kick. Its a "member should know better" kinda rule.

Show me where this is rule is written. This should not be the case. Everybody gets the W/K/B procedure.
 
Last edited:
Hello IrateDonnie,

The Uncap is the Main Spawn Base where you start in a map. It is within the redzone which players are not to enter or fire into. An exception would be to return fire if being fired upon. Additionally you cannot fire explosives into uncaps. In BF a player can be warned by the server messages, server rules, and by general chat messages to everyone for such issues as entering or firing into the uncaps. Members of course are held to higher standards and should not be breaking any server rules. By the logs there were chat messages put out about not firing into the uncaps prior to your kick.
 
Rockets are considered explosives tho. Could be where I and others went wrong with the warnings, I don't know for sure if mine said rockets.
 
I saw others getting warned for mortars but didn't notice one for me.I was also autobalanced right before the kick so I was all turned around. I don't wear my tags in BF so they didn't know I was in edgegamers.
I guess I'll just take my rockets back to TF2 where it's safe to shoot at anyone any time, this game is too confusing for me.
 
BF has the same Warn, kick, ban rules as TF2. However; if you are a member, and a rule is broken, we skip the warn and go right to the kick. Its a "member should know better" kinda rule.


Yes that is the case, however...why would we not do our very best of contacting one of our own before we have to kick. Yes our members should know every rule however, how does this build morale and bring each division close to one another. It doesn't. not one bit. Specifically someone who is an "O", that is a player who has stuck with ego for some time.
 
Iratedonnie, if you ever see my on Teamspeak, I'll gladly explain everything to you and get the gist of everything. I invite you to whatever channel I am in and would like to play with you and help you enjoy our servers! Don't let this deter you!
 
I'm with orb and if I am on I will definitely help you as well getting the hang of BF4.....Had you had your tags on in game I would have most likely tried harder to warn ya about everything. I didn't realize without tags that you were eGO :/
 
Looks to me like you were warned. It helps our admins if you wear your tags in game. Please feel free to join us in channel for future issues and questions you might have.

ps: You good funky you did nothing wrong.
 
Last edited:
Well On My End, Everytime One Of The Teams Are Being Cornered I Always Write To Rules To Everyone By Hand To Warn Them One More Time.. And I Always Write 'Do Not Fire Any Kind of Explosives Into The Uncap For Any Reason'
And I Also Try To Explain People Asking In The Chat What Is An Uncap And If They Can Shoot This Or That In or Out.. But After Doing This, I Do Kick People With or Without eGO Tags If They Break These Rules, And I Do It Stricker When Its A Baserape Situation Cuz Thats When Everyone Goes Out of Control..

I Also Agree With Orb, And We Have A Few Very Easy Rules.. When You Get Them Straight, You'll Have A Lot Of Fun In Battlefield And You Should Definitely Join Us In TS, So You Can Know Us Better And We Can Always Answer Any Questions You Might Have..
 
BF has the same Warn, kick, ban rules as TF2. However; if you are a member, and a rule is broken, we skip the warn and go right to the kick. Its a "member should know better" kinda rule.

This is incorrect. Regardless of member or not, the W/K/B policy is always adhered to. This is also regardless of division. This is an eGO rule.
 
Irate, I copied and pasted the rules for the BF server here, If your ever unsure, its best to double check the forums stickies in the Division's game first. Each game will have its unique rules so make sure you you look over them. I'd recommend dropboxing any issues with admins instead of posting it on the divisional forums.
Completely agree.....None of the other post were needed. Its simply a case of a simple question. No need to take things personally or think you were targeted. Drop Box is great and simple.
Please feel free to stop by Battlefield TS and we can chat if you would like. We are here every day.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top