***OFFICIAL***hacker has stolen my account!

Aiki

Forum Fanatic
Joined
Jan 28, 2008
Messages
957
a guy sent me a steam id group page! i logged into my online steam web-page and the guy said he would be right back! he disconnected and never came back on... later i checked my friends list and it said "my account has been logged on elsewhere" ... jsut now i checked my account and it wont log me in..!!! please help-- me! plz help me!

AIKI
 
We're not the ones to be talking to mate.

You gotta get together with valve support.
 
Aiki I got a message from you and Owl Johnson trying to phish me too so im going to assume that Owls is hijacked too.

This is the message I got and the link IS FAKE ( In case someone doesnt know)
Code:
=(eGO)=™ owl johnson (5): Hey, come join our free community on Steamcommunity! 
We're rounding up everyone who plays Steam games so come join! :D  
[url]http://h1.ripway.com/steamcommunity/signup/[/url]  
Once you've joined PM an Admin on our site and learn more about us. Hope to see you there! :D
 
Man, this is too bad. Sorry to hear that you guys are having account troubles. This is why I am so paranoid.
 
no not noobkiller...dang so many friends im close to got hit... i just called drewdagamer. he said he would stay off steam for a few days... and guys remeber even though i cant be kickin but with u in-game... my heart will be!
 
Yeah, I got that message form your account and Noobkiller's account. Of course, as being annoyed by anything that looks like spam, I just closed the link :)
 
My best wishes go out to you guys, and I hope you are able to get your accounts back. From my knowledge, you can take a picture with a digital camera of your CDkey and then give them the account name. Usually takes a few days, but I have been told that it will suffice as a way to re-obtain your account.
 
yeah i did all that... and if it seems im on this thread too musch im jsut trying to find all the helpful info at the moment
 
Oh wow, that really sucks Aiki. yeah, i got that message myself, but i was to busy playing Peggle. I looked at it 5 minutes later, and was about 99% sure that wasn't even a real link to SteamCommunity so it was a scam.

Aiki and other, best of luck and may the force be withyou *salutes*
 
hehehe... thanks all u guys.. i got a bunch of PM's telling me about where my account hacker had struck nad man thanks for telling me and helping me out
 
Guys, this isn't even hacking. It's phishing. This guy's not smart enough to compromise your account unless he can trick you into giving your ID and password, which he's evidently done with a very official looking website.

Always be sure to look over a URL before copying and pasting it into your browser or clicking on it. If you don't know the person sending it to you, treat it like candy from a stranger or a drink from a frat boy--toss it out. You can also drop it into Google's search box and see what comes up before visiting the site.

This is a headache, but thank goodness it's your Steam account, not your bank account.
 
I agree with Monkey. Even if you're on my friends list, unless you chat with me for a while and convince me you are who you are, I'm not clicking on anything you send me. ;)
 

Latest posts

Back
Top