***OFFICIAL***hacker has stolen my account!

I also got the link from you, Aiki. I got it right after you had helped sign me up, so I figured it was just something else to sign up for. I put my info in, and when I just read this I changed my password on steam and the site here. Hopefully I am alright. I hope everything gets resolved for you.
 
oh wow! good going Jon! hope ure ok buddy ! change it frequentl to letters and numbers! hope ure ok buddy
 
Watch out for URLs for these kinds of things, as they usually try to look official, but have little errors and inaccuracies. Plus a site like that is not exactly how Steam works when you join groups.
 
Great, I read this thread and then try to login to dustbowl and it tells me I'm already logged in elsewhere. I didn't even try to join another silly community.

...UNLESS

I knew I shouldn't have joined the Ranger Reserve I've been leet haxored.

Fake edit: I re-launched steam and now it works fine.
 
I missed this thread last night, but now I understand what all of the alert messages were from the eGO group last night. I found, like, three of them flashing at me when I got home last night. I, being lazy, just closed them and figured that I'd recognize any phishing attempt.

Anyway, good luck Aiki and I hope Valve gives you all the support you need!
 
wow ik most of u dont know me but man this sucks. i hate it when my m/s gets hacked into, lol my my steam account and they could change ur passwork and delete ur account. sorry to here that guys hope its all turns out ok
 
Ah that sucks, good luck to everyone with their accounts stolen. :(

On a side note:
It seems the hosts have clamped down on the website that was on the first page.
This account has been permanently terminated or closed. Please check the URL and try again.

Hopefully that slowed them down, but they will probably have more websites so keep an eye out.
 
Sp let me see if I understand this correctly. You're sent a fake URL, and then go there, it claims you aren't logged in, and you enter your information into it?
 
[quote1205261807=Tangerine]Sp let me see if I understand this correctly. You're sent a fake URL, and then go there, it claims you aren't logged in, and you enter your information into it?[/quote1205261807]
Essentially, yes.
 
my question is, is it hacking if you give them the information? :p

Seriously though, Im sorry for you guys and I hope everything gets fixed.
 
Yes. The message come on steam from stolen accounts. What most of them do first is create a real group, try to get some of them to join a bogus group, and it's off to the races.
 
i jsut got the message fro msteam saying they diactived it... anyone of u thats my friend on steam.. can u got to my homepage and see if its shutdown? plz thx aiki
 

Latest posts

Back
Top