CS:S vs CS:GO?

Sike

Active Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
285
hey so im just getting back into playing games again and now CS:GO is out and i play CS:S. whats the difference really and is it worth it to buy CS:GO?
 
Everyone is moving to CS:GO, that's why I play it. A lot of others play for skins and such, but ill let them tell you that.
 
CS:GO is a growing game. CS:S is a dying game. Obviously there will always be people playing CS:S, but it is already less populated than the original Counter-Strike. CS:GO is also much more competitive, and the competitive scene is growing larger every day. If you are interested in professional matches/tournaments, then CS:GO will most definitely deliver.
 
I personally enjoy CS:CZ as its the best game in the franchise. With a close second of black ops 2
 
Get CS:GO, I played CS.S until I got it gifted and hated GO, but seeing as how Source is practically dead.

Competitive is a pain if you have a bad streak, deathmatch is fun so is arms race but the TTT server is even more fun ;) don't play it that much tho :S
 
I still play Source mainly because I can't run GO but I like what communities are left on the Source servers
 
I was sticking with source for quite awhile and then decide to make the switch to csgo. Now it been a month since I play source :P
 
I can say that I prefer casual gameplay on cs:s, but competitive in cs:go surpasses css in so many ways. However, with Source practically dead, I mainly stick around csgo
 
CSGO has a lot more to it than CSS. Sure, CSS is and always will be a classic (I've been playing since it's debut as a mod way back in the day), but CSGO brings many aspects of CS:S to the table as well as a ton of new features that make the game more exciting. Things like skins, new gamemodes, missions, competitive with a full ELO based ranking system, etc are what keeps CSGO players coming back for more.
 
I like CS:GO, I have over 900 hours in CS:S, but go is more for competition, and Source is more for fun, but you can still play Jailbreak on GO. I just really like CS:GO it's newer, and has a bigger community.
 
csgo has shaped up over the years

before that ive had over 4k hours on source playing since release and it has been the only game ive continuously played without eventually quitting. now it has been months since i have even launched source since imo go beats it in every category now, except smoke grenades. dunno what went wrong there
 
well then i guess im gonna have to get it. thanks for the info guys, i appreciate it. i supposed ill aslo redownload DoD:S and TF2
 

Latest posts

Back
Top